The Running Thread - 2020

QOTD: I get around 250 miles from my shoes, I do track - but the best indicator is some hip pain I get on my left side. I was a devotee if NB 860, but am not loving the recent design changes. I’ve got a pair of Mizuno Wave inspire that I am alternating with the NB and I think I like those better!

In other news, I was registered for an in-person half on Nov 1 in our neighboring state. The race is still happening, but they just canceled registrations for everyone from my state. While the race state has no restrictions on our state entering, mine requires a 14 day quarantine upon return. Totally get why they made the decision - I’m sad, but to ease the sadness I registered for the BAA virtual challenge (5k, 10k, half)!

In other news, I was registered for an in-person half on Nov 1 in our neighboring state. The race is still happening, but they just canceled registrations for everyone from my state. While the race state has no restrictions on our state entering, mine requires a 14 day quarantine upon return. Totally get why they made the decision - I’m sad, but to ease the sadness I registered for the BAA virtual challenge (5k, 10k, half)!

Was this in Rhode Island? Surprised they autocanceled since so many people are working from home and can do the quarantine or get a test.

I did my advance packet pickup for my trail race tomorrow. We should have nice weather for it and I am excited to get back out even if it will be a slightly different feel with wave starts. I suspect I'll be by myself in the woods most of the race. They will have one water stop (it is about a 10K but not exact) but are asking we carry our own if we can so I'll bring the handheld I do my trail runs with. I also signed up for another local race that is scheduled to be in person and clicking register felt very good.

My favorite Christmas race go cancelled which is a bummer but right now my next "Man I really hope this happens" race is the Cherry Blossom in DC. I deferred and really need a travel race to happen so I hope we are in a situation where these can happen next spring.

Hello all, I have been MIA for a few months. It was a busy summer. Bought a new house and moved. Then I had to sell the old house. Throw a vacation in the mix and last week my dad passed away unexpectedly.

My running and biking stayed consistent until about a month ago when I started having knee and ankle pain in my right leg again. I’m pretty sure the knee is IT Band based on the symptoms. The ankle is just the same issue I dealt with all last year. It all comes down to me being tight. I have started a stretching routine, hoping that helps.

I am looking for a new treadmill. The roads around the new house are very narrow and I don’t feel that safe running in the dark or once snow comes. Anyone have a treadmill they LOVE? I am looking at the Nordictrack 2450 but all the reviews I look at says their customer service is terrible if there is an issue.

I am thinking of signing up for the virtual marathon weekend race to get my motivation back. I am hoping to become more consistent on here again now that life may finally be settling down a bit.

I hope everyone has been doing well.

I'm sorry about your dad.

At the beginning of the pandemic we started looking for a treadmill and settled on the Sole F63 and have had it now about 2 months. It is mostly for my wife but I've used it a few times and while I don't love any treadmill this one is good. I'd recommend it if your looking around the $1,000 range. It was not hard to put together, is not loud, and doesn't have a lot of stuff we don't use. The only caution I'd have is the front is pretty high so if you run in front of a TV you might need to raise it. We will be wall mounting ours but the tablet holder works just find for the time being.

I assume this is in RI? I am doing a half in RI on 10/4 and we (Connecticut) also have a quarantine rule coming in from RI so what happened to you makes me a bit nervous. But having a quarantine rule coming back into your state should not preclude you. You are allowed to travel. It is your choice to travel and agree to quarantine if you do. Also, the CT quarantine requires you to be in the "affected" state" for at least 24 hours so technically, I do not even need to quarantine when I return after the race because I will only be in RI for a few hours. Your situation is very interesting. I sorta think there is something else going on here like they are just trying to reduce the number of runners...

I really loved the polka dot ones but was able to hold my self in check and not get them

I really loved the polka dot ones but was able to hold my self in check and not get them
Yeah, I was debating on those but decided against them. But I am getting other pairs.

Ha! One of the perks of wearing prescription glasses is not getting sucked into this sort of thing!
It's always nice when glasses can save you money instead of just costing money!

My favorite Christmas race go cancelled which is a bummer but right now my next "Man I really hope this happens" race is the Cherry Blossom in DC. I deferred and really need a travel race to happen so I hope we are in a situation where these can happen next spring.

Me, too. It usually has so many runners that I'm not sure they're going to consider it to be safe by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter