The Running Thread--2024

jmasgat

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the 2024 Edition of the Running Thread!

We talk all things running (and some things not!).. and of course, we throw in some Disney too.

ALL runners/walkers/wheelers are welcome to share, read, chat and encourage. We are a supportive community and welcome all to join! The group ranges from brand new runners to Boston Qualifiers & ultra-marathoners; there is a virtual seat for everyone- don't be shy to jump in!

We will post periodic "Questions of the Day" (QOTD) and encourage everyone to participate. Please also feel free to share upcoming races and post-race reports.

Without further ado.... let's get this thread running!

Let's do this!

Happy New Year! I was feeling nostalgic so I pulled out my big beach bag full of medals and yet again am starting to look into how to display them. Guaranteed that once again I will just put them back in the bag without coming up with anything. Today is a day off of running for me but looking forward to a year with absolutely no goals.

Happy New Year Disers!
Never miss a Monday....especially when it's not only the start of the week, but the start of the year!!! I started the day with a 10k run. The real feel was 25*F!!! BRRRRR!!!! So I was thinking to myself, "2 more weeks until the race and then I never have to run again!" hahaha Followed up with a 2 mile walk. In December I failed to get the 15 hr Garmin Walking Badge so I'll try again.

QOTD: New Year's Resolutions -
I mentioned these in my yearly recap in the 2023 thread, but....
Hoping for a PR at the Disneyland Half, get stronger with more strength training, read 48 books.
Also I need to come up with better methods to practice Spanish and meditate.

No races planned for 2024.

Happy New Year my friends 🥳
I am happy and grateful to find you here!
Wishing you all the best running and otherwise. Looking forward to reading and sharing with you.

I finished 2023 with a cold and at a resort by the ocean. So I rested but we did our minimalist resolution run: 1k barefoot on the beach 🏝️

QOTD resolution 2024: Enjoy and honour life.
In other words find and keep a balance between
- Taking a stand and keeping peace
- Staying healthy and indulging
- Be consistent and go with the flow
- Accelerating and smelling the roses
- Buying what I need and going to Disney
… to be continued

ATTQOTD New Year’s Resolution: My running has been extremely inconsistent the last 2-21/2 years. So my only real running goal this year is to get and maintain a consistent running habit. My other main health goal is getting my cholesterol down without medication. When I went for my physical a couple months ago it was a bit high and my doctor said to get it redone in 6 months.

Another goal this year is to actually read less. I read a lot last year in lieu of tv and movies, so I have a good bit of catching up to do there. I’m planning to watch at least one documentary a week, so if anyone has any suggestions please drop them here.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter