The SAB poll

What should the future of SAB be?

• I think SAB should remain exclusive to BC/YC guests only - no guests, no exceptions

• I think SAB should be open to all DVC members but no guests

• I think SAB should be open to anyone, for a price...

• I think SAB is just a pool and don't really care who uses it

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well for BCV owners, I'd say the exclusivity of SAB is the reason to own (and pay such high resale prices). But for the rest of the world, it's just a pool. It's kinda funny seeing all the brou ha ha stirred when one threatens to use it.

I'm in the process of purchasing a BCV contract (OK I was a little premature in putting the graphic in my signature, but we should pass ROFR).

I'm paying a pretty high resale price for two things.
1) Stormalong Bay
2) Proximity to Epcot

Without that exclusivity of SAB, I'd have bought at BWV for $10 less per point.

Wish me luck on passing ROFR, :goodvibes
Mike

I voted to keep it to just YC/BC/BCV folks. No guests, and no pool hopping.

Ditto. At the risk of raising the ire of BCV owners, it is just a pool to us. When we want to go to a waterpark, we go to a waterpark. Thus, I think it should remain exclusive for YC/BC/BCV guests.

I voted to keep it only for guests of BC/YC/BCV. I have stayed at BCV 3 times and the pool is busy as it is. As much as I would love to go and swim there when I was staying at BWV, I can appericate it when I am staying at BCV.

Was there last week and you could not find a chair to sit on.

It was designed for BC & YC which accounts for a lot of rooms. Keep it to the resorts it was designed to serve.

Just wish they would start fixing it up. It is showing its age.

Didn't vote. I'd prefer no pool hopping at all - for anyone to any pool. And for Disney to enforce their pool policy that says "pools are for enjoyment of the guests actually staying at the resort".

Would rather see a bit better DVC discount on single day admission to the waterparks and then those who don't want to use the pools at their resort "of residence" can hop to one of the waterparks.

I know there are many who will not agree with this, but I think there are way too many members for this perk to continue much longer.

Didn't vote. I'd prefer no pool hopping at all - for anyone to any pool. And for Disney to enforce their pool policy that says "pools are for enjoyment of the guests actually staying at the resort".

Would rather see a bit better DVC discount on single day admission to the waterparks and then those who don't want to use the pools at their resort "of residence" can hop to one of the waterparks.

I know there are many who will not agree with this, but I think there are way too many members for this perk to continue much longer.

I totally agree with you. I personally think it is very unfair to the guests at the Polynesian and Grand Floridian to use their pools when there isn't even a DVC resort there. I definitely think it is unfair to these resorts when AKL is off limits.

I don't think anyone has anything to worry about SAB ever being nonrestrictive, as the very reason they made it restrictive was due to over crowding by guests not staying there.

Our kids enjoyed Stormalong Bay for years, poolhopping from Old Key West. I never noticed a real problem and it never seemed to be any more crowded than any other pool. They do need some sort of screening since so much of it is right on the boardwalk. But it was never open to poolhoppers from anyplace other than DVC. Why they suddenly said no to DVC is beyond me
We all loved the pool and the kids really liked the cheesebread at the restaurant there amd they made some killer pina coladas at the bar by the pool. Ah,the good old days!
J

Agree that the cost of the water parks is way too high. Three of us cost $112 to get in with a discount of $12 (big deal) for a few hours and our annual park hopper pass was of no value. Will stick with the theme parks in the future unless WDW comes up with a DVC discount.

Upon reflection, I agree with CarolMN and Sammie. The end of pool hopping would not bother me at all. Never done it, probably never will.

The end of pool hopping would not bother me at all. Never done it, probably never will.
Isn't it interesting how differently we use, and enjoy, DVC?

We planned a day of pool-hopping into our last visit (8n, January) and found it added a whole new twist to the Disney resort experience. It was our first time considering it; it went extremely well; and we'll be making similar plans for next year's visit.

Just because I don't personally care about pool hopping, I won't presume that nobody does. Bottom line is if the GF or Polynesian pools were being impacted by pool-hopping DVC members, I'm sure the managements of those hotels would end their participation in the great "pool hopping swimmer exchange program" sponsored by DVC just as the YC/BC and AKL hotels did. They wouldn't be doing their job if they did otherwise. (Though I suspect pool crashers probably play a more significant role than pool hoppers.)

Upon reflection, I agree with CarolMN and Sammie. The end of pool hopping would not bother me at all. Never done it, probably never will.

We seem to be caring less and less as well-mostly because we usually stay at BCV and why pool hop when you are at the best.:wizard:

I voted for usage by just YC/BC guests. But, with that said, I wish they would enforce the use of wristbands. I have been to the pool area on many occasions and the pool has had a ton of people in it with no wristbands. It would seem that if someone doesn't go to get a towel, then they don't get a wristband. Perhaps they could close off the pool area a bit better and be able to enforce the wristbands. Surely that would help keep the numbers down.

I'd would have liked the option:

"Open to everyone, but lower the pool temperature back down again"

Can you imagine the fun threads that would generate?

I don't own there...but I voted that it should remain exclusive to YC/BC/BCV guests. That pool can get crowded with just that population using it.

i would vote for use to be restricted to bc,yc,bcv and bw,bwv. keep it on the lake.
it would not be as nice if it were crowded all the time, and it would be more difficult to keep it clean. (that must be a difficult pool to keep clean).;)

The cleaning staff probably considers this a punishment job.

BC/YC only, no hopping, no guests, no exceptions. Why open it to Boardwalk guests, they have a pool of their own. Except ,of course, when their pool is closed.

BC/YC only. If people want to swim there so badly they can pay or trade DVC points to stay there. I have to add that I have zero interest in pool hopping, but even if I liked it ,I would still vote the same way. I think it's unfair for people not paying to stay at a particular resort to crowd it's pool. For the life of me, I can't understand while the POLY doesn't stop pool hopping.

I'd love to be able to stay at BWV (because it's our favorite) but walk over to SAB to swim! But if allowing DVC members to pool-hop there would have a noticeably negative effect, I wouldn't want to open it up like that. I'm not sure whether it would have that kind of effect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter