The Saga of our Disney Dream home - It's about time!

I'm late, but not too late to celebrate and congratulate!

AWESOME!!!!!!

Now that it's officially your 'home', get packin'! :lmao:

Oh Alison, I forgot to tell you - it's too bad that I'm not closer. I'm totally skilled at helping people get rid of *things*. It's in my personality to be a woman of few possessions but living in 440 square feet helps as well!

I'm both compassionate and a bad ______ sergeant! :thumbsup2 All with a smile.

Oh Alison, I forgot to tell you - it's too bad that I'm not closer. I'm totally skilled at helping people get rid of *things*. It's in my personality to be a woman of few possessions but living in 440 square feet helps as well!

440 sq feet!!! Pics please?

I love that you are doing this right around the same time as us!! I hope it doesn't bleed into our Disney meet in October... maybe that can be a celebration trip!

We are finally nearly unpacked (just a few things left in the garage... plus we need to move storage items... things like xmas decorations)! And soon it will be time for you to start packing :)

I'm so happy for you! After the twists and turns this journey has taken, you must be over the moon happy. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics as you 2 make over the house into a home that reflects your interests and personalities.

Congrats!!! That's freakin' awesome.

I'm so happy for the both of you.

Thanks! Now we just have to figure out how to pay for it!!!!

Congratulations Alison and Fran. :thumbsup2

Thank you very much Bret!

Congrats!!! It's beautiful!

:welcome: We love it too!

What wonderful news to wake up to it's made my day! Congratulations Alison and Fran!

76bc64455bb81115019235d8c33102e7_zpsd3523c91.jpg

The start of something really great! I am so pleased the universe is aligned itself on 'deserving' once more! :-)

Thanks Paula! We're thrilled to get it!

:yay:
I'm here!!!! But, I'll have to catch up later. :sad:
David is giving me the "get off your phone, you're making us late for work" look.
Yep, it happens enough that he's got a special dirty look for it. :p

Fran doesn't even give me the courtesy of a look, she just says, "Put your damn phone away!" :rotfl2:

YAY for the seller accepting your offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Thanks!

Lol... my David has the same look. .. I Just say "it's the DIS" then his eyes roll. ..

If I said it was the DIS it would be :scared1:

We will let you move in before we come for a visit. Maybe. ...

I do not envy you in the move up coming. That is going to be some major work.

I know!

WOO HOO!!!! Congratulations!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

The house is just beautiful!!!

Thank you! :goodvibes

Alison, I'm so happy for you and Fran! May you spend many happy years in your gorgeous new home! :goodvibes

It is a daunting task to move after so many years, but it's a good chance to get rid of lots of stuff!! :thumbsup2

Thank you very much Laura!

Well there is a saying here. We never have just one of something. Hopefully in the moving process we will find the two and three of something and get rid of the extras! If we don't have enough space in this place for our stuff, then I will definitely consider getting rid of some of it!

It will be an adventure...hard work, yes of course but you will find stuff you forgot you even had It will be like your own little garage sale scavenger hunt and the best part is the things are already paid for When we moved in here in 2008 I re-discovered some pretty amazing things The best was a numbered & signed litho from opening day at AK from back in 1998 All nice & safe rolled up in the tube they put it in when I bought it, no discoloration or anything :cheer2:

Let the fun begin :cheer2:

The one thing that Fran told me was "that it would never be boring" and she didn't lie on that one. I'm not sure what we will unearth during this process, but I'm sure it will be memorable!

:cool1::cool1:
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

What happy news! Congrats.

:welcome: Thanks for joining in!

Congratulations. I am so happy for you.

Corinna

I know you like to stay with your friends in Seal Beach when you visit, but maybe we could invite you all over next time and not be embarrassed about our house! I would love to throw a dinner party that would accommodate everyone's diets. We could grill steaks on the Tiki Grill BBQ! :dance3:

Fantastic news Alison. :dance3: So happy for you both!

I've got to run. I have to go count my change for transport to the party! :goodvibes

We've got a room, but not sure how many folks will be staying in it for the party! :lmao:

I'm late, but not too late to celebrate and congratulate!

AWESOME!!!!!!

Now that it's officially your 'home', get packin'! :lmao:

Thanks! And we've been packin' for a few months now, we just need to kick it into overdrive!

:eek: I can't even imagine living in a 440 sq ft place! :scared1: We really have a lot of space in our current place, just no place to hide things away. As I think around the place we already have like 25 bookcases and 30 more in storage. We have about 15 cabinets with glass shelving some wide, some narrow. I have no idea how we will get our current furniture (at least the stuff we are willing to take) in the house much less the stuff we know we need to buy! FRan is already planning for the second story!

Yikes! We have already run out of money!

pixiedust: pixiedust: Congrats!!! pixiedust: pixiedust:

We're at the airport in Vegas after a fabulous 3 nights/4 days. I'm truly so happy for you and Fran.

And now the packing/sorting begins. :crazy2:

It began months ago, it just kicks into high gear now!

I love that you are doing this right around the same time as us!! I hope it doesn't bleed into our Disney meet in October... maybe that can be a celebration trip!

We are finally nearly unpacked (just a few things left in the garage... plus we need to move storage items... things like xmas decorations)! And soon it will be time for you to start packing :)

Actually the master plan is that we get they keys before our Orlando trip, the Contractor "does his stuff" while we are in Florida. We move over some boxes in the meantime, but it goes into major move time once we get back from Atlanta which we lave for two days after we come back from Florida and stay five nights. I know stupid to fly back and back, but she if afraid that if we don't spend a night with the kids, they will forget us.

I'm so happy for you! After the twists and turns this journey has taken, you must be over the moon happy. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics as you 2 make over the house into a home that reflects your interests and personalities.

Thanks! I am thrilled about the place. Hey why is alto in your name? Do you sing? I play the alto sax, so just curious....

So here's a little bit of news!

We scheduled our inspection for 1:00 on Wednesday. That means we get back in the house and I can take some more pictures! :hyper:

I know I have a request for the walk in fridge, anything else? I will take a lot of pics and plan on measuring the floor plan. We need to figure our where our furniture will fit. I will be back with pics, but realize the D23 Expo is happening this weekend and I will be very tied up with that TR too!

Anyways, thanks for all your wonderful and supportive comments! I can't wait to update with our plans and designs!

May your home inspection report be a small one with no major issues.:goodvibes

Lol re Fran's comment it won't be boring. I think you should get a sign made for the kitchen or somewhere in the house with that on!

Can we have a picture if you get time of the house as it is within the road. Not knowing that area I would like to picture it. Also more pictures of any bathrooms. I am obsessed lol.

Well again. Hope inspection goes well! I have finally got around to doing a pre trip report on our Sep/Oct vacation and mentioned our meet. Hope you don't mind!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3152790

May your home inspection report be a small one with no major issues.:goodvibes

Well I kind of hope there are some issues. At least we know we have 10-15K in electrical. I hope they would take that off the price. I hope they find a few more things to reduce the price. If the darned DIL hadn't had the baby, our offer might have gone in clean and accepted before the dingbat doctor came in and jacked up the price! :headache:

Lol re Fran's comment it won't be boring. I think you should get a sign made for the kitchen or somewhere in the house with that on!

Can we have a picture if you get time of the house as it is within the road. Not knowing that area I would like to picture it. Also more pictures of any bathrooms. I am obsessed lol.

Well again. Hope inspection goes well! I have finally got around to doing a pre trip report on our Sep/Oct vacation and mentioned our meet. Hope you don't mind!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3152790

I have too many good signs for the kitchen like. "I enjoy cooking with wine, sometimes I even put it in the food." or "Cathair is the fifth food group."

I'm not sure what you mean by "can we get a picture of the house as it is within the road. I will definitely take more pictures of the bathrooms! :lmao:

Lol re the sign re the wine. Re the picture I wanted to see what views you had from your house. Can you see the ocean for example? Or is it more in land? I like to picture things. We plan a Cali and Vegas visit in 2015 ( yes I plan ahead it keeps me going lol ) so have to come and nosey! We want to do Expo/Vegas ( love that place ) .

Lol re the sign re the wine. Re the picture I wanted to see what views you had from your house. Can you see the ocean for example? Or is it more in land? I like to picture things. We plan a Cali and Vegas visit in 2015 ( yes I plan ahead it keeps me going lol ) so have to come and nosey! We want to do Expo/Vegas ( love that place ) .

No we don't have an ocean view, This is the place that backs up to the major street, but we are hoping are cats are smart enough to not go there. We are close to the ocean and get somewhat of a breeze, but not close enough for a view. That's OK, we have a nice enough yard we can live with that.

You could stay with us, but we will be in Anaheim during the expo, so that might defeat the purpose! :rotfl2: If you're going to the Expo you'll want to be at the Hilton or Marriott too!

I will take pictures of the Cul de sac for you, when we are there Wednesday.

No we don't have an ocean view, This is the place that backs up to the major street, but we are hoping are cats are smart enough to not go there. We are close to the ocean and get somewhat of a breeze, but not close enough for a view. That's OK, we have a nice enough yard we can live with that.

You could stay with us, but we will be in Anaheim during the expo, so that might defeat the purpose! :rotfl2: If you're going to the Expo you'll want to be at the Hilton or Marriott too!

I will take pictures of the Cul de sac for you, when we are there Wednesday.

Great! Love to see pictures of the cul de sac. That is good news it is a closed street for the cats. Cats are very smart they will figure that out! Yes def we will stay at Hilton or Marriott too :-) we look forward to joining you! Be nice to see friendly faces at the hotel :-) by then firmed friends I am sure. We will have hopefully meet in 3D at least twice I hope! This year and maybe next depending when and if you go to WDW in 2014. We go Sep/Oct again. Already booked flights!

Do you have names for your homes in America or just numbers? I was wondering if you were going to name it like Villa AliFran or The Haunted Mansion....

So here's a little bit of news!

We scheduled our inspection for 1:00 on Wednesday. That means we get back in the house and I can take some more pictures! :hyper:

I know I have a request for the walk in fridge, anything else? I will take a lot of pics and plan on measuring the floor plan. We need to figure our where our furniture will fit. I will be back with pics, but realize the D23 Expo is happening this weekend and I will be very tied up with that TR too!

Anyways, thanks for all your wonderful and supportive comments! I can't wait to update with our plans and designs!

YAY! HOW FUN! Good luck on the inspection! I remember how anxious I was to get back in and measure, etc. I tried to get in earlier since our inspection was almost 2 weeks out but my realtor suggested it wasn't good (altho now I think she was just lazy because she SUCKED!)

Well I kind of hope there are some issues. At least we know we have 10-15K in electrical. I hope they would take that off the price. I hope they find a few more things to reduce the price. If the darned DIL hadn't had the baby, our offer might have gone in clean and accepted before the dingbat doctor came in and jacked up the price! :headache:

I have too many good signs for the kitchen like. "I enjoy cooking with wine, sometimes I even put it in the food." or "Cathair is the fifth food group."

I'm not sure what you mean by "can we get a picture of the house as it is within the road. I will definitely take more pictures of the bathrooms! :lmao:

LOVE the signs! I had something once that said "In our house, dog hair is a condiment" hahahaha

Do you have names for your homes in America or just numbers? I was wondering if you were going to name it like Villa AliFran or The Haunted Mansion....

lol most houses don't have names... unless you are on FourSquare and name it something (I named ours Pineapple Paradise)

Names of homes: Well when I found my place sitting on 2 1/2 acres (trust me its all about the land) I have a manufactured 4 bedr/2bath but didn't care if it was a tent I named it ..." Serenity Farm" :goodvibes now its not really a farm but it is serene

Alison I have a request, no not for a picture although what I have seen is lovely and inviting and look forward to seeing more BUT my request is to be put in your phone not as Ruthie but as " The Dis " :lmao: that is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time (and we laugh a lot) This way when I text or call you can honestly tell Fran " It's the Dis" ::yes:: that would be priceless :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter