• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Saga of our Disney Dream home - It's about time!

I DEFINITELY want to see pics of the fridge:yay:

I have a brilliant idea: Since you're always tempting us with pictures of your delicious food (i'm actually picturing your prime rib with the garlic cloves right now:eek:), once you're settled in, everyone on here should get a tour and try your amazing food!....and wine of course! :laughing:

Pineapple Paradise and Serenity Farm are lovely names! Where we lived as a family growing up our house was called The Olde Smithy because in the 1700's it was an Old Smithy :-) we were forever finding old horseshoes in the garden. It was quite dangerous sometimes with the nails for our beloved family cat!

Pineapple Paradise and Serenity Farm are lovely names! Where we lived as a family growing up our house was called The Olde Smithy because in the 1700's it was an Old Smithy :-) we were forever finding old horseshoes in the garden. It was quite dangerous sometimes with the nails for our beloved family cat!

That is AWESOME!

I saw a Househunters International where they looked at one house that was a converted pub and had a name isntead of an address. I wanted it BAD! Live in a pub? YES PELASE! ;)

That is AWESOME!

I saw a Househunters International where they looked at one house that was a converted pub and had a name isntead of an address. I wanted it BAD! Live in a pub? YES PELASE! ;)

I can see how living in a pub could provide benefits. Now if this pub were the Rose and Crown I would be in heaven :-)

I know you like to stay with your friends in Seal Beach when you visit, but maybe we could invite you all over next time and not be embarrassed about our house! I would love to throw a dinner party that would accommodate everyone's diets. We could grill steaks on the Tiki Grill BBQ! :dance3:

We would love this. We may not stay with them next time round as we have been discussing that they may join us at Aulani. With it being holiday seasons I really want to stay at VGC next year.

So here's a little bit of news!

We scheduled our inspection for 1:00 on Wednesday. That means we get back in the house and I can take some more pictures! :hyper:

I know I have a request for the walk in fridge, anything else? I will take a lot of pics and plan on measuring the floor plan. We need to figure our where our furniture will fit. I will be back with pics, but realize the D23 Expo is happening this weekend and I will be very tied up with that TR too!

Anyways, thanks for all your wonderful and supportive comments! I can't wait to update with our plans and designs!

I hope your house inspection went OK.

Corinna

Great! Love to see pictures of the cul de sac. That is good news it is a closed street for the cats. Cats are very smart they will figure that out! Yes def we will stay at Hilton or Marriott too :-) we look forward to joining you! Be nice to see friendly faces at the hotel :-) by then firmed friends I am sure. We will have hopefully meet in 3D at least twice I hope! This year and maybe next depending when and if you go to WDW in 2014. We go Sep/Oct again. Already booked flights!

I have pictures, I've just been so busy I haven't had a chance to post!

Do you have names for your homes in America or just numbers? I was wondering if you were going to name it like Villa AliFran or The Haunted Mansion....

We will name the place, but have yet to decide on what.

Great! Love to see pictures of the cul de sac. That is good news it is a closed street for the cats. Cats are very smart they will figure that out! Yes def we will stay at Hilton or Marriott too :-) we look forward to joining you! Be nice to see friendly faces at the hotel :-) by then firmed friends I am sure. We will have hopefully meet in 3D at least twice I hope! This year and maybe next depending when and if you go to WDW in 2014. We go Sep/Oct again. Already booked flights!

I have pictures, I've just been so busy I haven't had a chance to post!

Do you have names for your homes in America or just numbers? I was wondering if you were going to name it like Villa AliFran or The Haunted Mansion....

We will name the place, but have yet to decide on what.

Was scrolling through the boards and the title of this thread caught my eye. WOW, what a beautiful home! Congrats, may you both have many years of happiness. You know it is a Disney home even on the outside, the tiki bar is reminiscent of the pool bar at the Poly::yes::.

Oh my! I go AWOL for a few weeks and you two go and buy your dream home!

Congratulations!

I'm so excited for you both. I was getting a bit worried though, while I was reading this thread from the top.

May you have many wonderful new memories in your new home. I hope your home inspection went well. That walk in refrigerator has me drooling. You will love having a walk in pantry. I don't know what I'd do without mine.

Happy packing! :woohoo:

YAY! HOW FUN! Good luck on the inspection! I remember how anxious I was to get back in and measure, etc. I tried to get in earlier since our inspection was almost 2 weeks out but my realtor suggested it wasn't good (altho now I think she was just lazy because she SUCKED!)
LOVE the signs! I had something once that said "In our house, dog hair is a condiment" hahahah
lol most houses don't have names... unless you are on FourSquare and name it something (I named ours Pineapple Paradise)

Yes, I got everything measured yesterday. Boy did the inspection take a long time! Now is the drawing up and plotting.

Names of homes: Well when I found my place sitting on 2 1/2 acres (trust me its all about the land) I have a manufactured 4 bedr/2bath but didn't care if it was a tent I named it ..." Serenity Farm" :goodvibes now its not really a farm but it is serene Alison I have a request, no not for a picture although what I have seen is lovely and inviting and look forward to seeing more BUT my request is to be put in your phone not as Ruthie but as " The Dis " :lmao: that is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time (and we laugh a lot) This way when I text or call you can honestly tell Fran " It's the Dis" ::yes:: that would be priceless :rotfl:

Yourebfunny! I'm really bad about saving people in my phone I will out you in as the DIS when I do.

I'll try to get some up~

I DEFINITELY want to see pics of the fridge:yay:

I have a brilliant idea: Since you're always tempting us with pictures of your delicious food (i'm actually picturing your prime rib with the garlic cloves right now:eek:), once you're settled in, everyone on here should get a tour and try your amazing food!....and wine of course! :laughing:

The pics of the fridge will be first. And you all are welcome to visit (at scheduled times! :lmao:) We are hoping to eat up a lot of the food before we move. Of course we will restock it after, but I'm not looking forward to moving four frozen hams, three + prime ribs, and who knows how many turkeys chickens and tri tips! We need to get busy eating!

We used to call my place when I met Fran "House North". My parents was "House north north". we have always called our house "De Soto" because that is the name of the street it is on. Her father's house was 1st Street for the same reason. I think this house needs a catchier name. I'm liking, "the Resort", but we'll see what sticks. I hope that we actually get to enjoy this place instead of just sleep and eat there.

That is AWESOME!

I'm not sure I would want to live in a pub. It might be noisy and reek of beer! :lmao:

Now the fingers are crossed for a good inspection :)

Thanks, I'm not sure what constitutes good. Maybe if we get to take some money off the asking price of the house. Otherwise, I think it was good, there weren't any major surprises, but some interesting turns. I hope not too much that needs to be fixed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter