The Saga of our Disney Dream home - It's about time!

Thank you! And just think, in two weeks we will be toasting sail away on the Wonder! I know you'll have already been down to Cabo and back, but please if you see me say "hi!" I don't know what you look like, and doubt you'll have a big nametag that says "I'm Jetskigirl!"

I'll send you a private message to give you our details :-) I'm so ready for this trip. I've got to get my packing started this weekend!!

WOW! I am totally blown away...I just love the shadow boxes and I think the way you two chose to hang the Jazz series is brilliant! I am very inspired by these ideas and I really appreciate your taking the time to post them-what a fantastic home you guys have created!

Wow! Thanks for the link on your other thread Alison. I had lost track of this thread somewhere along the way. LOVE your house with all of your Disney art! I'm envious of all your wall space!! What a great collection! I love the castles but, I also love the cats, 20,000 Leaks Under the Sea and the shadow boxes and the Pooh-nets! :goodvibes Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures!

And you have such an exciting line up of trips to look forward to! Like you said, it would be impossible not to be happy in your house with all that great art work!

....I think my favorite piece is the Beauty and the Beast glasswork in the bathroom....GORGEOUS!

Thanks! I hope you enjoyed your visit! I did!

I very much enjoyed the visit. For some reason I am not getting notifications for a bunch of threads again including this one so I only just found this. The artwork is even more stunning in real life. I am still not over the piece of art with the Hatbox Ghost. I so love this.

Corinna

Here in California many people have taken on the mantra, “brown is the new green”, and my lawn is starting to embody that sentiment.

We were lucky that our front lawn is super small so when we did run the sprinklers once a week, it hit every spot. Our backyard, not so lucky. But eh, that's how it is. But now with that 'el nino' coming this Winter, we'll all have the greenest grass around!

The frames are gorgeous on these. I had no idea that frames could cost as much as the artwork :scared:

IMG_7073.jpg

It will look beautiful with the lighting on it once it's done. Where did you find these at?

Love that movie poster!

OMGosh, is that the Club door??

I love that you love Aristocats. Such a great movie. I put it on a few weeks back for DS and I. Thanks to you, every once in a while I'll sing my cat Thomas' entire name :thumbsup2

And of course you know I have to comment on the NBC picture!! :love::love:

I ducked in the art store at Epcot this weekend and I could have spent thousands of dollars...You guys are inspiring me to decorate my new house with Disney art!

Jill in CO

I read a lot of this when I was laid up after my surgeries but enjoyed checking back in as WOW your art collection is coming up on display and I loved seeing all the gorgeous pieces you had to show. The castles :love: wow! And so many of the pictures/paintings are ones that The DH and I have looked at.

And of course the kitties :lovestruc I love that they pop up in the pics also.

So I know this is a really old post but............ OMG TIKI BAR!party::drinking1pirate: This is so a Disney house!!! Only on page 8 of 65 and I am already in love :love: Great house Franandja. Once in a lifetime.

Cute kitchen! I love it! Especially the Mickey towel!

Well, the spot over the fridge is not all that accessible, I need our wine a little easier to get to. That area is definitely for display. Here is where I "store" my wine. This will go in the garage at the new house.

This is what I call my red "drink now" section. I take reds that have come to mature in the current year and put them from the wine cabinet over here. There is even a method to my madness, the first two columns (starting on the right) are for Syrah and Syrah blends. The next 3-5 columns are for Pinot Noir. I don't age those in the cellar, they go right to "drink now" but take a while to rotate to the top. The top row has the oldest vintages. Next columns are the Zinfandels which take up anywhere from 3-5, then there are the Cabernets and blends. Most of my Cabernets don't come out of the cabinet until the night I plan to drink them as they are pricey and old. The far left is for Merlots. Sorry you asked right? :lmao:

Yeah, but I have more plates than dishwasher space so I would still need a footprint for the plates.

I hope that next time you can come visit. Note the evil foreshadowing..... :eek:

The wine envy. Can I be you when I grow up. :cloud9:

I just found this report and I am loving it. Love, love, love all of your Disney art work and collectibles! Thank you for posting, would love to see more of your special collection!

Wow! First off all I can say is that I'm sorry I got so way behind on this thread!

I'll send you a private message to give you our details :-) I'm so ready for this trip. I've got to get my packing started this weekend!!

And this message is so old, we've already been on the cruise and met each other! :rotfl2:

WOW! I am totally blown away...I just love the shadow boxes and I think the way you two chose to hang the Jazz series is brilliant! I am very inspired by these ideas and I really appreciate your taking the time to post them-what a fantastic home you guys have created!

Thanks! I enjoy looking at these things every day when I'm at home!

Of course I want to cook! What sort of question is that???

:rotfl2:

Cool! The next question is WHEN? :rotfl:

Wow! Thanks for the link on your other thread Alison. I had lost track of this thread somewhere along the way. LOVE your house with all of your Disney art! I'm envious of all your wall space!! What a great collection! I love the castles but, I also love the cats, 20,000 Leaks Under the Sea and the shadow boxes and the Pooh-nets! :goodvibes Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures!

And you have such an exciting line up of trips to look forward to! Like you said, it would be impossible not to be happy in your house with all that great art work!

And that great line up of trips has kept me from doing things around our house, which is partially why I have neglected this thread and also because I haven't had time to keep up with everything else!

....I think my favorite piece is the Beauty and the Beast glasswork in the bathroom....GORGEOUS!

I love that one too! :love:

I very much enjoyed the visit. For some reason I am not getting notifications for a bunch of threads again including this one so I only just found this. The artwork is even more stunning in real life. I am still not over the piece of art with the Hatbox Ghost. I so love this.

Corinna

I'm glad you could come and visit back when, it was a very nice afternoon followed by a great evening with friends!

We were lucky that our front lawn is super small so when we did run the sprinklers once a week, it hit every spot. Our backyard, not so lucky. But eh, that's how it is. But now with that 'el nino' coming this Winter, we'll all have the greenest grass around!

Yeah, so how did that El Nino work out for all of us? :rolleyes1

The frames are gorgeous on these. I had no idea that frames could cost as much as the artwork :scared:

I try not to pay attention to the costs of the frames or the artwork. It is depressing.

It will look beautiful with the lighting on it once it's done. Where did you find these at?

They were in the vault at the Disneyana store on Main Street. We made a special trip out there and bungied one of those collapsible dollies to the back of Fran's scooter. Then we taped the boxes together so that they would be one big mass and bungied them to the dolly. Whenever she wants to go out to buy art, she knows she has to buy me dinner. You should have seen us pushing that giant load in our scooters on the dolly all the way to the Uva Bar! :lmao:

Love that movie poster!

I was so happy when we opened that one up. eBay.

OMGosh, is that the Club door??

::yes::

I love that you love Aristocats. Such a great movie. I put it on a few weeks back for DS and I. Thanks to you, every once in a while I'll sing my cat Thomas' entire name :thumbsup2

It's my first movie that I remember seeing in a theater. My friend and I came out of the movie singing the song about your cat's name. And continued to sing it for weeks.

And of course you know I have to comment on the NBC picture!! :love::love:

I knew you would like that.

LOVE IT! What a great collection of Disney art! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks!

I ducked in the art store at Epcot this weekend and I could have spent thousands of dollars...You guys are inspiring me to decorate my new house with Disney art!

Jill in CO

How's that project coming along?

I read a lot of this when I was laid up after my surgeries but enjoyed checking back in as WOW your art collection is coming up on display and I loved seeing all the gorgeous pieces you had to show. The castles :love: wow! And so many of the pictures/paintings are ones that The DH and I have looked at.

We have so many more, but we've been so busy with other things that this house has been on hold.

And of course the kitties :lovestruc I love that they pop up in the pics also.

They have a way of doing that!

I'm back! And I think this is the thread I'm most excited to catch up!!!
Yay!!!

I wish I could have caught up with you while you were still online here! Hope to see you back when you're all better, and I hope that is soon!

So I know this is a really old post but............ OMG TIKI BAR!party::drinking1pirate: This is so a Disney house!!! Only on page 8 of 65 and I am already in love :love: Great house Franandja. Once in a lifetime.

We aren't even done with it yet! There is so much more to do!

The wine envy. Can I be you when I grow up. :cloud9:

:rotfl2: I hope to have that cabinet at the house where I live soon!

I just found this report and I am loving it. Love, love, love all of your Disney art work and collectibles! Thank you for posting, would love to see more of your special collection!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope to have more updates as they are available.

that is cool i love disney i think your disney stuff is very cool

Thank you very much!

I absolutely love your house! Thanks for sharing your journey with us!

Thanks! There's still a long way to go!

Yeah, so how did that El Nino work out for all of us? :rolleyes1

:rotfl2:I saw my comment and totally 'PPPFFFFFT!' at it! Yeah, pathetic El Nino :headache::headache::headache:

It's my first movie that I remember seeing in a theater. My friend and I came out of the movie singing the song about your cat's name. And continued to sing it for weeks.

A few days ago, I re-told Cal about Thomas' full name and now he's practicing trying to say it in its entirety :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter