The Saga of our Disney Dream home - It's about time!

Well, it’s been three months since I was last here and promising updates so here goes! I was astonished to go back and look at the pictures PIO posted and how much we have done since last year. Mostly what has been done is put artwork on the walls, so that’s what you’re going to get in this update!

But first let me say I can not believe how much the drought has affected us. It has been a hot, hot, hot summer and when I went back and looked at the pictures of the lawn, it looks so lush and green. Here in California many people have taken on the mantra, “brown is the new green”, and my lawn is starting to embody that sentiment.

So without further adieu, let me get on with the updates! Those of you who have not had the pleasure of visiting me here, so perhaps you might wonder where it is that I sit when I’m reading and writing TRs. Actually it’s where I am most of the time when I’m home, unless I’m cooking or sleeping! This wall is to my left.

Details

If you’re wondering, in front is our TV mounted over the fireplace, but we haven’t seen the fireplace in months. Right now, in front of it are piles and boxes of music for the band that Fran is in the process of scanning. I’m not posting a picture of that mess. You have to come visit to see that. This is my view to the right.

You’ll notice the two castle mosaics on the walls. Our contractor will be installing “eyeball spotlights” in the ceiling “can lights” so that they will sparkle even more. Sleeping Beauty’s Castle.

Cinderella’s Castle

Moving around the Family Room/Kitchen, we have expanded our mug collection over the fridge.

The hall to the KVC has been enhanced with more Aristocats art.

Moving into the Living Room….the piano was moved earlier this summer, and we put up these shadow boxes that we purchased, some for the 60th Birthday.

In this picture you get a view of how the piano wall fits into the scheme of the house, and you even get a glimpse of our family room television and the mess underneath I wasn’t going to show you.

The picture above is slightly old because as you see in this photo taken today, we have already added another picture under the Pirate Mickey on a Barrel.

This piece actually deserves a whole chapter on it’s own, if I get it together I will take a video of it and post it.

Heading back to the bedroom we have another shrine to the Disney cats or mostly Aristocats.

I’ve always wanted to have a wall like this where I have pictures of Fran and I, along with family and friends over the years. I won’t bore you with individual photos.

Turning around you see the Hall bathroom and my Beauty and the Beast “stained glass” window, and “Underwater Mickey”, one of our cruise line purchases.

And opposite that we have more pirates and Wizardry or more specifically homage to Gryffindor.

Heading down the hallways you have these pieces.

Rounding the corner into the Master Bedroom, we have the Mickey Jazz Series.

You need to have some character in your bathroom, we have Mickey.

This is one of Fran’s favorites.

Some of you might recognize this picture as a copy of the Mickey picture that Walt had in his office at the Studio.

Over the bed we have chosen an eclectic mix of pictures.

My “Pooh-nets” (Pronounced Poo-nays) were a must over the bed as they were over the bed in Olga’s room at the old house.

And ever since we picked up these “stretching room parody portraits” we had no idea where they were going to go. I had a third “pooh-net”, but it was a poster and not the same quality of art as the other two, so it would have looked out of place with the other two. So after hanging the two pictures, Fran decided to fill the blank space with these, and they are just twisted enough to work in this space!

So that’s some of the work we have been doing around the house for the past few months. There’s still plenty more left to do, especially since we haven’t made a dent on the main part of moving out of our old house! :rotfl2:

I love the castle mosaics. The house has really come along nicely. I can't wait to see it tomorrow.

Corinna

Looks fabulous! I think the fire house shadow box over the piano is my favorite.

You need to post all your big figs!!!

Oh! I had forgotten that I signed up for this thread and it just popped up! And with so many great pictures! You have an amazing collection of Disney art and it looks great on all your walls!

The house is coming along nicely! Love all the art. You guys have some really nice pieces.

Jill in CO

Alison!! They are beautiful! I LOVE the mosaics and the shadow boxes and the cats and the jazz series!
You make me want to visit again to see it all in person.

Wow, Alison.

Loved seeing it all and I'm not even a Disney girl. And I had Aristocats wallpaper on my wardrobe as a child, it really made me smile to see those pictures. Enjoy!

I'm laughing right now because I was concentrating on whether you had dreads or ringlets in that picture of you! What a thing to pop out on this update. Laughing. Loudly. I think I need sleep or a trip to the optometrist.

Oh man, hope you and Fran are having a ball and I hope to see you and your lovely home one day.

All the best,

Lisa

Oh my goodness I am blown away Pooh style on the blustery day by your fabulous artwork. I do love every piece but I must say the shadow art is outstanding. But then the HM...and the Castles ...and the Mickey...and the cats... And the..

I think I recognise one of those cool mugs from a previous post and photo! I just love that oil can one. If I ever get back to DL I must have one of those.

I love the idea about the castles having lights above them. That is just going to make it. You must treat us to a photo of that.

We got the Disney artwork Disney dogs. Every Disney dog on it at that time. There is a cat one also. I have been looking for it to match. Have you seen it? It would be perfect for you!

Love, love, love the artwork! There are some wonderful pieces in your collection. I don't think I could ever be sad there.

Is that one piece with Sorcerer Mickey cut out in the mat, a Melanie Taylor Kent piece? I have several of her works, and they have intricate mat cuts like that.

These are wonderful! You must have had so much fun purchasing all those different items and then deciding where each piece should go in your (lovely) house!

I love the castle mosaics. The house has really come along nicely. I can't wait to see it tomorrow.

Corinna

Thanks! I hope you enjoyed your visit! I did!

Looks fabulous! I think the fire house shadow box over the piano is my favorite.

You need to post all your big figs!!!

What's even cooler is that the little light in Walt's apartment turns on too! Ugh, I'd be here all day trying post pictures of them all!

Oh! I had forgotten that I signed up for this thread and it just popped up! And with so many great pictures! You have an amazing collection of Disney art and it looks great on all your walls!

Thanks! Maybe next time you're in California you'll come by and visit!

The house is coming along nicely! Love all the art. You guys have some really nice pieces.

Jill in CO

You need to come by and see it when you visit in December! You haven't been here since before we moved in!

Alison!! They are beautiful! I LOVE the mosaics and the shadow boxes and the cats and the jazz series!
You make me want to visit again to see it all in person.

We would love to have you come back, you don't even have to cook next time, unless you want to!

Wow, Alison.

Loved seeing it all and I'm not even a Disney girl. And I had Aristocats wallpaper on my wardrobe as a child, it really made me smile to see those pictures. Enjoy!

I'm laughing right now because I was concentrating on whether you had dreads or ringlets in that picture of you! What a thing to pop out on this update. Laughing. Loudly. I think I need sleep or a trip to the optometrist.

Oh man, hope you and Fran are having a ball and I hope to see you and your lovely home one day.

All the best,

Lisa

Nice of you to pop by Lisa! We would love to have you visit!

Omg I loooooove the stretching room pics! I was thinking them!!!

Aren't those a hoot? We got the first two at the last D23 Expo in 2013, and had to wait for the next two to be produced, we really had to hunt them down to make sure we got the set.

Tons of gorgeous artwork! Thank you for sharing :)

You're welcome and I think you are the next one to see it all in person, less than two weeks now!

Oh my goodness I am blown away Pooh style on the blustery day by your fabulous artwork. I do love every piece but I must say the shadow art is outstanding. But then the HM...and the Castles ...and the Mickey...and the cats... And the..

I think I recognise one of those cool mugs from a previous post and photo! I just love that oil can one. If I ever get back to DL I must have one of those.

I love the idea about the castles having lights above them. That is just going to make it. You must treat us to a photo of that.

We got the Disney artwork Disney dogs. Every Disney dog on it at that time. There is a cat one also. I have been looking for it to match. Have you seen it? It would be perfect for you!

Those Pooh pictures were the first I ever bought, I love Monet's style and they were Pooh pictures in that same impressionistic style, hence the name "Pooh-net". I have not seen the dog picture or the cat picture.

Love, love, love the artwork! There are some wonderful pieces in your collection. I don't think I could ever be sad there.

Funny how you say that! Just walking around the house makes me smile.

Beautiful artwork and you put it together all so well!!! :)

Thank you very much!

Is that one piece with Sorcerer Mickey cut out in the mat, a Melanie Taylor Kent piece? I have several of her works, and they have intricate mat cuts like that.

I'm not sure which one you mean? Was it pictured in the last update, or was it many updates ago?

Wow....I love, love, love all the artwork!!!! Your house is amazing :)

Thank you! And just think, in two weeks we will be toasting sail away on the Wonder! I know you'll have already been down to Cabo and back, but please if you see me say "hi!" I don't know what you look like, and doubt you'll have a big nametag that says "I'm Jetskigirl!"

So very cool! I love those castle mosaics and have never seen anything like them!

We have been holding on to them for a very long time. Fran had to have them when she saw them in the vault at the Disneyana store in Disneyland. I really like them!

These are wonderful! You must have had so much fun purchasing all those different items and then deciding where each piece should go in your (lovely) house!

We have had fun, we have been collecting this stuff for years, and finally have a house where we can display them!

My you have been busy over the summer. Love the castles and artwork.

Ah yes, when you visited in May hardly any of this stuff was up. We have been very busy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter