The schitck at '50s Prime Time Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tune In Lounge, the bar located in the waiting area next to Prime Time, offers all the same food on the menu that Prime Time does. We've taken that route on occasion where its just us and we didn't necessarily want all the interaction- we save that for when friends are in town that have never been there before. The bar area can get a little congested, but once you find a chair at the bar, you can "tune" the noise and commotion out (pun intended!). The bartenders will DEFINITELY not perform the schtick that the servers in Prime Time do, plus you still get the yummy food! :)
This is what DH and I always do. We love the food but not fans of the "interaction". The bar works great but it is often busy and seats are sometimes hard to come by.

If you don’t like the restaurant and all that it is, eat somewhere else. Requests to “ tone down antics” are ruining it for folks who do like it.

This thread was helpful up until this point.

There's nothing more annoying to me when someone says "if you don't like it, go somewhere else."

Disney makes a living off of being extremely accommodating. I spend more money to go to Disney than I do to go to somewhere like Busch Gardens, partly because they have superior customer service, in every way. And that includes being accommodating.

My wife has social anxiety but she also LOVES the food at '50s. According to you, she should just get over it so she doesn't ruin YOUR experience. This seems like a preposterous suggestion, and pretty anti-Disney.

Nah. I think instead I'll talk to Disney and ask if there's any way they can accommodate our situation. Unlike you, they seem very well trained to do just that.

It seems to be very server dependent. we've been there twice. Once, had an awsome server who was fun and really played up the act.
the second time, none of the servers were very energetic in our area. All the tables (with multiple servers) had standard service.
I think you can ask the servers to tone it down. But if you want that, why not go to another restaurant.

Thats why people eat there. If you don't want the whole "messing with you thing" id go somewhere else. Its kinda like wanting to go to a soccer match but not wanting to be around yelling fans.......

This thread was helpful up until this point.

There's nothing more annoying to me when someone says "if you don't like it, go somewhere else."

Disney makes a living off of being extremely accommodating. I spend more money to go to Disney than I do to go to somewhere like Busch Gardens, partly because they have superior customer service, in every way. And that includes being accommodating.

My wife has social anxiety but she also LOVES the food at '50s. According to you, she should just get over it so she doesn't ruin YOUR experience. This seems like a preposterous suggestion, and pretty anti-Disney.

Nah. I think instead I'll talk to Disney and ask if there's any way they can accommodate our situation. Unlike you, they seem very well trained to do just that.
Hmm, seems you want to possibly ruin others......goes both ways. I don't hear well, I have 2 hearing aids..but I'm not going to ask disney to turn the volume up so i can hear it....and others would suffer...and no matter how much i paid....Disney owes me nothing. Its a privilege to go there....I don't accept special treatment.

All you have to do is tell the CM at check in that you would just like to enjoy the meal and opt out of participating in the usual show. This will not ruin anything for others who enjoy the banter.

There are plenty of individuals with anxiety who enjoy the food and decor of this restaurant, but just don’t want to be singled out to be fed green beans in front of others. Just request, Disney is very understanding.:)

Last edited:
All you have to do is tell the CM at check in that you would just like to enjoy the meal and opt out of participating in the usual show. This will not ruin anything for others who enjoy the banter.

There are plenty of individuals with anxiety who enjoy the food and decor of this restaurant, but just don’t want to be singled out to be fed green in front of others. Just request, Disney is very understanding.:)

Thanks. This is very helpful.

I actually like observing the banter at other tables. And the kids love the milkshakes. One of our favorite restaurants in all of Disney.

Thanks. This is very helpful.

I actually like observing the banter at other tables. And the kids love the milkshakes. One of our favorite restaurants in all of Disney.

If you can request them to tone it down why can’t the people who like it request a server who really gets into it? Seems simple enough to me and solves the problem for both sides. Enjoy your meal! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter