The Search for My Wits: a Solo TR - 7/13 UD

Ok y'all.....speaking of Stupid Pills.....

I just had the revelation today that my Afternoon Tea (nice little relaxing time to pamper myself) is on Mother's Day!!:rolleyes:

A little slow on the uptake, I know, but how COOL is that?!!:wizard: All the more reason to really enjoy that time.

--------------------

ETA: 3 more sleeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How dumb am I that I just realized you were going to be gone on Mother's day?!? What a great gift from your family!

2 more babnana sleeps!

I just found a picture from my May trip with TK that has LegoMomma in it. All three of us are beaming. It made me that much more excited to hear about her trip!!!

LegoMom, I've thought of you so much in the past few days! I know you're having an awesome time, I'm so glad you took this trip for yourself. :goodvibes

Wow.....

How fast we went from "It's HERE!" to "It's over."...:sad1:

But as the saying goes, Don't cry because it's over, smile because it was.:cloud9:

How true.

So, anyway, this isn't an "official" update but rather just me checking in to let y'all know that I'm hoping to start the TR this weekend. I want to do it while everything is fresh in my memory. But, it's also going to be heavy on the photos and for some reason uploading them to the Web is taking SO. LONG. The site I'm using is usually pretty quick, but I may go do a test upload to Photobucket (most people's favorite but usually quite slow for me). If PB is faster, I'll switch and see if we can't get this cattle drive on its way! (gimme a break, I'm in Texas....:rolleyes:).

And, just by way of a teaser, I should have repeated my Incredibles theme from our last trip, because.....

THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Yay!! You are home!!! I hate the Disney Blues, I usually get them after a trip.

Looking forward to the TR! :banana:

I'm so glad you had a good time.

Will your Casey's experience make an appearance? Please say so. :lmao:

I'm so glad you had a good time.

Will your Casey's experience make an appearance? Please say so. :lmao:

I dunno....a fry in the nostril is one thing. What I experienced may not be suitable for the DIS!!!:rolleyes1

:rotfl2:

I dunno....a fry in the nostril is one thing. What I experienced may not be suitable for the DIS!!!:rolleyes1

:rotfl2:

I will admit if you leave out certain descriptive words, the humor of the situation would lose something in translation.

Look at it this way, you could be the first person to have a rating system on your trip report. :lmao:

Wheezy:What's the point in prolonging the inevitable? We're all just one step away from here to there.

Ahhh.....ain't that the truth! “Here”, of course, being wherever you happen to be at the moment, and “there”.....well, “there” could only be The World. Disney. The actualization of Walt's Imagination.

My “one step” involved an hour and forty-five minute drive to the airport, then a quick, barely-2-hour flight. My phone alarm was set for 4:30am, as was the coffee maker, but my instincts kicked in just before either went off and I was up and ready to go before you could say Hey Howdy Hey. In the car and pulling out the driveway at 5:00am, and somewhere along the dark stretches of Highway 21, the whole crazy realization hit me and I was full-on giddy. Cue the Dancing Babnana::banana:

The flight over was about as perfect as a flight can be. Adding to my anticipation was the fact that probably 80% of the people on the Orlando-bound plane were also heading to Disney! Including the two couples behind me – a 20something couple and what appeared to be a set of parents in their 50s. They all were wearing some sort of Disney t-shirt and they were having a blast! We also were kept entertained by our flight crew and pilot. If you fly Southwest with any regularity, you know they can be really funny! As we were on our final approach to the airport, I saw a tiny little Spaceship Earth in the distance through the haze and knew then that I was almost home.....:lovestruc

Now, my previous trips to Disney have all involved mid-week travel. So this Saturday bit was new to me and I wasn't sure what to expect with the Magical Express crowds. Getting from my arrival gate to Level 1, Side B seemed to take FOR.EV.ER. But, when I finally came in view of the check-in desk, I nearly lost the Disney magic right then and there. They were having most people bypass the desk entirely, and go straight to the podiums where the vouchers were scanned and you were directed to the correct line for your resort. It was a SEA of people....I couldn't even see the signs for the resorts!! The nice man who checked me through made a note of the change to my departure flight, then told me “Right this way, please, to Row 3.”

And Row 3 was EMPTY.....! As in ONE person ahead of me, being directed to the bus!! And incidentally, the lines for the Value resorts – including Pop Century where I was originally going to stay – were absolutely crammed with people....Seriously, we are talking an hour+ wait, just to get on a DME bus! I muttered a silent prayer of thanks that I had decided to switch to French Quarter. This was my first clue that that was a good and wise decision! I will also add here that it was so busy that day that Disney had hired out Mears buses to help with the DME traffic. I actually rode a Mears bus. No neat little welcome movie but it got me where I wanted to go in pretty good time.

Of course there were the obligatory stops at Old Key West and Saratoga Springs first, but when we finally pulled into POFQ, there was no doubt whatsoever that I had chosen well.....It's not unlike being in love, and catching sight of that special someone when you haven't seen them in a while.....I did wonder what people must think of the lady by herself with the big cheesy grin on her face.....:rolleyes:

Having also had the foresight to do on-line check in, I was able to bypass yet another line (although this one much smaller than the DME masses!) and went to the special window for people who have, indeed, already checked in, on-line. I handed the nice woman my photo ID, she confirmed my package components, handed me my welcome packet and directed me to my room. I scored a 1st-floor room in Building 3, and was seriously like a 30-second walk to the food court!! It was also on a corner which afforded me more privacy (it was along a hallway, though, not one of the king bed, two window corner rooms). Technically it was a standard room, because you could see the parking lot, a teeny bit if you looked through the bushes, but this is what I saw when I looked out my window or stepped out my door:

WDW010.jpg

WDW008.jpg

When I walked into the room and put my things down, I did nothing but stand and stare and breathe in deeply for several minutes....If you've ever seen the Albert Finney version of “Scrooge,” I felt just like he did near the end when he wakes up from the 3rd and final ghost experience and realizes he has another chance....he is SO giddy and dances around his room and tosses papers in the air and says “I don't know what to do!!”

Neither did I, at that moment.....So I stood....and savored....and took in every last little detail.....

WDW001.jpg

WDW002.jpg

WDW004.jpg

WDW006.jpg

I was home.....:cloud9:

UP NEXT: Esta es la mejor comida que he tenido!

I think what hits me most about your post is walking into that room alone.

OMG. The possibilites. The aloneness of it all. And I mean that in a totally good way.

Should I unpack? Should I head straight to a park? Should I get some beignets?

And the only person you have to ask is...yourself!!!! This is going to be so awesome, I can't wait to read more. :thumbsup2

YAY! It has begun!

I'm a wee bit concerned about the DME lines for Sept. but I'm not going to let it get me too down. Worst case scenario? We'll take a cab if we MUST...somehow. I dunno. The man still isn't convinced about letting them handle the luggage.

I LOVE flying Southwest. I can't count the number of times they've sung to us. LOL

You know that feeling you were describing walking into that room for the first time alone? Know what it was?

Do ya?

Huh?

Huh?

It's Disney Freedom, my friend. And it's fanfreakingtastic.

:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter