The Search For The Elusive Duffoofy Or Our Wacky Family Blowout!!

I hate unpacking, even more than I hate packing. Packing at least means there is happy things ahead. Unpacking means its over, boo!!

I can imagine it was strange. I am so thrilled for your family!

I am going to talk to Scotty about going out of town this weekend. Just he and I for one night. There is a bicycle race in Lodi which is about 50 miles from home but I think at least I could use a night away.

I didn't finish packing. Yes, I hate unpacking!

That would be great if you two could get away for the weekend!

The race is a no for this weekend, he has to work on Sunday. Does it sound awful that I am considering staying WBG and I staying at the local Hilton and not even leaving town?

It doesn't sound awful at all. You could use a break after the week you've had!

I didn't finish packing. Yes, I hate unpacking!

That would be great if you two could get away for the weekend!

It doesn't sound awful at all. You could use a break after the week you've had!

I was thinking that a nice air conditioned room could be great for a nice night of rest and no stress!!

My Aunt Julie is an amazing woman.

It does doesn't it? The race is a no for this weekend, he has to work on Sunday. Does it sound awful that I am considering staying WBG and I staying at the local Hilton and not even leaving town?

That is not awful at all

I think a night alone would be great for you both :goodvibes

No stress is good! You don't have airconditioning at home?

No, we used to have central air but it broke down a year or so ago. Our area doesn't get that terribly hot for that long. It cools off most nights, and if you are downstairs during the day it is cool down there. Upstairs cools off at night most nights. I don't see spending thousands to fix it.

That is not awful at all

I think a night alone would be great for you both :goodvibes

It looks like that night away won't happen. He is spending at least $200 on bicycle tires.:rolleyes2

I have entered the land of total Disney Geekdom!! I got myself Disneyland Sing Along Songs!! And I watched it the other day!!:rotfl:

Yes, I got it for $4.98 through Disney Movies online. We used to have it on VCR tape years ago and my kids wore it out watching all the time. It is still so much fun for me.

Lol, we have both too. The vcr tapes wee Grumpy's, dvds for the little guy. We also have the camp fire, the bugs life at ak one, and the water park one.

I love those Disneyland Sing Along Songs back in the days.

I still love them!

Lol, we have both too. The vcr tapes wee Grumpy's, dvds for the little guy. We also have the camp fire, the bugs life at ak one, and the water park one.

We had them all at one point or another. I loved the Bugs Life one!! The camp fire one was cute too!! I don't think we ever had the water park one.

I have entered the land of total Disney Geekdom!! I got myself Disneyland Sing Along Songs!! And I watched it the other day!!:rotfl:

We have that one too! I bought that one, the Animal Kingdom one, and the Beach Party one before taking the kids to WDW when they were tiny. We also have a princess one, a Winnie the Pooh one, a Halloween one (also filmed at DLR, not WDW) and a Lion King one. I usually bring the DLR one out on one of our family fun nights, where we watch a Disney movie (or sometimes something else, like HP) and I make a dinner and/or snacks that "go" with the theme. For Disneyland night we may watch the planning DVD and Disneyland sing along, then eat corn dogs, popcorn, soft pretzels, some fruit (DLR has the best fruit!) and the kids will try to talk me into making beignets. One of my favorite things to do with DD is sing the Main Street song while walking down Main Street. I dread the day when she is embarrassed by this.

We have that one too! I bought that one, the Animal Kingdom one, and the Beach Party one before taking the kids to WDW when they were tiny. We also have a princess one, a Winnie the Pooh one, a Halloween one (also filmed at DLR, not WDW) and a Lion King one. I usually bring the DLR one out on one of our family fun nights, where we watch a Disney movie (or sometimes something else, like HP) and I make a dinner and/or snacks that "go" with the theme. For Disneyland night we may watch the planning DVD and Disneyland sing along, then eat corn dogs, popcorn, soft pretzels, some fruit (DLR has the best fruit!) and the kids will try to talk me into making beignets. One of my favorite things to do with DD is sing the Main Street song while walking down Main Street. I dread the day when she is embarrassed by this.

I love those movies!! My kids are now 16, 18 and 19 but they still love them. I have been known to at least hum the song walking down Main Street. When I got the latest copy of the Disneyland Sing Along my 19 year old daughter was heart broken because she has a notebook and not a laptop and can't play disks. She wanted me to figure out if I can load the video onto my Amazon Cloud so she can watch it.:rotfl:

I love those movies!! My kids are now 16, 18 and 19 but they still love them. I have been known to at least hum the song walking down Main Street. When I got the latest copy of the Disneyland Sing Along my 19 year old daughter was heart broken because she has a notebook and not a laptop and can't play disks. She wanted me to figure out if I can load the video onto my Amazon Cloud so she can watch it.:rotfl:

:lovestruc:lovestruc:love::love::love:

I hope my kids feel like this one day!!!

Well, word on the trip front seems appropriate as this is a trip report.

Snow White will not be making the trip with us. She is in job mode and she will be going to school too. We will miss her but she is doing the grown up thing. For that I am proud of her.

But, even for the sad news there is good news. I have another trip in the hopper. WBG is going to do the AIDs bicycle ride next June so........The kids and I will be going to go to Anaheim to wait for him to ride into LA. I know it's a hardship for us but it is one I am willing to make.:rotfl: The original plan was I was going to go down and enjoy myself alone, but I decided to go bring the kids and Snow White's girl friend Christie. I just now need to come up with a nickname for her.

Oh they go through the stage where it isn't cool. Thankfully they grow out of it.
They do grow out of it. I remember on one family trip when I was in my mid twenties where my mom asked if I wanted to see Mickey and I kind of gave her a puzzled look. Suffice it to say, Mickey is one of 4 characters that I must see on every visit.

And even though I had a brief moment where I wasn't interested in seeing characters, I never outgrew loving the animated classics.

They do grow out of it. I remember on one family trip when I was in my mid twenties where my mom asked if I wanted to see Mickey and I kind of gave her a puzzled look. Suffice it to say, Mickey is one of 4 characters that I must see on every visit.

And even though I had a brief moment where I wasn't interested in seeing characters, I never outgrew loving the animated classics.

My kids love the animated classics, and I am so happy. They will sit and watch the cartoons in any Disney hotel lobby, and if we happen to watch Disney Channel (sad to say we don't watch many shows on there anymore, as the kids don't like the "tween" shows and they are too old for most of the Disney Junior shows, though they will totally watch Little Einsteins if they see it is on). But they LOVE the 5 minute Mickey/Goofy/Pluto episodes that play between shows.

Awesome!! They are just fun!! I haven't watched the DL ones, but we saw the WDW ones and they are just so neat. My girls love them.

Yes, I got it for $4.98 through Disney Movies online. We used to have it on VCR tape years ago and my kids wore it out watching all the time. It is still so much fun for me.

yay!!

Snow White will not be making the trip with us. She is in job mode and she will be going to school too. We will miss her but she is doing the grown up thing. For that I am proud of her.

But, even for the sad news there is good news. I have another trip in the hopper. WBG is going to do the AIDs bicycle ride next June so........The kids and I will be going to go to Anaheim to wait for him to ride into LA. I know it's a hardship for us but it is one I am willing to make.:rotfl: The original plan was I was going to go down and enjoy myself alone, but I decided to go bring the kids and Snow White's girl friend Christie. I just now need to come up with a nickname for her.

Wow...I don't know if you can really handle that -- going to DL yet another time!!:joker::joker:

So excited for you!! :thumbsup2

Too bad for Snow White, but good for her getting a job!

And yay! Another trip. You don't even know how much I am craving a DL trip right now. I so badly want to live closer so I can get an AP and go more often! But for now I will live vicariously through you. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter