The Smith's "Yes We Are Pulling DD Out of School Twice This Year" PTR!

Airfare is ridiculous. Is that flying out of Manch or Boston? I know its quicker and safer than driving but you can drive cheaper than that from MA to FL. We did it :goodvibes

The worst case is Jennifer48 who lives within WALKING distance of my house and we've never met :scared1: Jen actually was cut off on the highway by my DH and only recognized him from my TRs :rotfl2:
I know! We need to rectify that soon. Even if its meeting for drinks at the Loop or a stop at the Disney store in the mall! :rotfl:

I still can't believe that that was Randy that day that cut me off. DH thought I was looney for thinking it was him and then I was right! :lmao:

Airfare is ridiculous. Is that flying out of Manch or Boston? I know its quicker and safer than driving but you can drive cheaper than that from MA to FL. We did it :goodvibes

I know! We need to rectify that soon. Even if its meeting for drinks at the Loop or a stop at the Disney store in the mall! :rotfl:

I still can't believe that that was Randy that day that cut me off. DH thought I was looney for thinking it was him and then I was right! :lmao:

No kidding we need to get together. We should be ashamed of ourselves!!!!

The airfare is flying out of Manch. SW doesn't fly to Orlando direct out of Boston (not that I want to spend the parking fees at Logan). Airfare math is almost as bad as Disney math (flight price vs. parking fees vs baggage fees). For us and our 4 bags :scared1: it's cheaper to fly on SW this point. Although I am determined to get it down to 3 bags this time. Aisling's darn pettis take up so much room though!!!!

Yay! I am excited to read this! I am from the Boston Area Also so I love reading reports from other MA residents!:flower3:

Love those Princess Leia photos! I thought you guys would get good airline rates leaving from larger airports. I can fly on AirTran from my tiny airport to Orlando for about $250 a ticket as long as you book far enough in advance. Stacy is right - hotel check, airfare check, now the obsessive planning can begin!

What a wonderful surprise! Another trip!

I do miss the days when we were able to take the kids out of school for Disney. :sad1: I am still in denial that Tricia is starting high school next year...

Enjoy it while you can!

Looking forward to all the plans... VAKL is amazing!

Kathy

Love those Princess Leia photos! I thought you guys would get good airline rates leaving from larger airports. I can fly on AirTran from my tiny airport to Orlando for about $250 a ticket as long as you book far enough in advance. Stacy is right - hotel check, airfare check, now the obsessive planning can begin!

We used to! I never paid over 200 to Orlando until October. Now this is kinda the norm. I hate Airtran so I won't fly them. They usually have fares for about SW or JetBlue offers but we usually skip right over that option. I know plenty of people on here have had good experiences with them...we just haven't :sad2:

What a wonderful surprise! Another trip!

I do miss the days when we were able to take the kids out of school for Disney. :sad1: I am still in denial that Tricia is starting high school next year...

Enjoy it while you can!

Looking forward to all the plans... VAKL is amazing!

Kathy

I will enjoy it while I can and then I will start pulling my hair out trying to figure out what to do after that ;) :rotfl2:

For those who don't follow my ranting on Facebook...I am in Lion King h-e-l- l! Well not hell exactly. We went to see the Lion King on Sunday. It was absolutely fantastic. Only problem is that I can NOT get the music out of my head (listening the CD on repeat for 2 days doesn't really help either ;) :rotfl:) But I can't help it. The music is fabulous. And it is completely getting me in the mood for AKV!!!

So of course that started me on a quest to find the lobby music that they play at AKL. I have found a list on Mousesavers of different CDs that the use. Now I'm trying to figure it out if I should download the songs on ITunes. Why can't they just sell a CD of the loop of songs they play???? Come on Disney- money making scheme here!!!

Aisling was a big hit at Lion King. She of course wore her FOLTK dress I made for AK last trip. Luckily it still fit with a top and leggings underneath it for Boston weather.

ak5.jpg

A stage manager asked to show her off so Aisling took off with her around the theatre having people check out her dress. We walked out of the theatre and of course the first question was "what are we seeing next time" This child is obsessed. She is more fun to watch than the show. Her face just completely lights up the whole time...that's if she's not singing. (no clue where she gets that from ;)) My mom leaned over to me during the scene where Scar kills Mufasa and said "there is something wrong with her"...she was still grinning ear to ear :scared1:

Best moment of the show is when Rafiki (who is female in the stage show) came out for her big solo. Aisling apparently wanted to make it a duet. We were in the 3rd row. And Ash sang at the TOP of her lungs the entire song! (which is not a song that's in the movie so most kiddos don't know it). I was waiting for Rafiki to exit the stage and come down and hit her with that stick!!! :lmao:

aww thats so cute! You should have asked the stage manager for some $$ for free marketing :rotfl:

Congrats on booking your airfare and I wish mine was that cheap :rotfl: Flight prices have gone crazy here, I looked the other day and for the 4 of us to fly to Orlando in August it will be over £4,000 that's about $6,000 :faint: I don't think we'll be back to WDW for a while!!!

Too funny about Ash at the show and how long did you spend in Ireland?

Hahahaha, your stories of Aisling during shows crack me up. First the snoring at Epcot, now the Lion King! That is too funny! :rotfl2: Maybe you've got a future actress on your hands! ;)

Congrats on booking your airfare and I wish mine was that cheap :rotfl: Flight prices have gone crazy here, I looked the other day and for the 4 of us to fly to Orlando in August it will be over £4,000 that's about $6,000 :faint: I don't think we'll be back to WDW for a while!!!

Too funny about Ash at the show and how long did you spend in Ireland?

$6000????? YIKES!!!! Ok I won't complain about $314 then! :scared1:

I've been to Ireland lots of times but I lived there for a year doing an international internship at a residential facility for 12-18 year old boys. Fun times!

Hahahaha, your stories of Aisling during shows crack me up. First the snoring at Epcot, now the Lion King! That is too funny! :rotfl2: Maybe you've got a future actress on your hands! ;)

Yup...that's my kid. Her dance teacher has been suggesting acting lessons for years because often during dance she acts out her own interpretation of the songs instead of what the rest of the class is doing :lmao:

....I was waiting for Rafiki to exit the stage and come down and hit her with that stick!!! :lmao:

Oh my goodness! :rotfl:

I asked Tricia if she wanted to see Lion King for her eighth grade graduation present and she told me she would rather go to a spa... :rolleyes:

Whose child is she, really??

Kathy

Oh my goodness! :rotfl:

I asked Tricia if she wanted to see Lion King for her eighth grade graduation present and she told me she would rather go to a spa... :rolleyes:

Whose child is she, really??

Kathy

REALLY??? So not the best choice! I mean I love a spa day as much as the next chick but Lion King is REALLY good.

Yes it is, that is one of my fav pics ever

She looks like a happy Princess! I'm heading to check out your TR!

WHAT's THIS??? WHAT's THIS????

Is Tink on my ticker finally in the middle??????? :banana::cool1::yay::banana::cool1::yay::banana::cool1::yay:

I've had an interesting weekend. Yesterday I brought Aisling to dance and when I came home I found my DH, the pool guy, and my neighbor in my backyard....opening our pool :scared1: Ya...I live in Boston. It's March. You do the meteorogical math :headache: We need a new skimmer and for the filter to have a major cleaning so the pool guy was over doing that and convinced Randy to open the whole pool...AGAIN :headache::headache::headache:

Then we had a cookout last night to wrap up the fab 70 plus temps we had yesterday. During the cookout, I get a call from my mom crying (and my mom is NOT a complainer so this was concerning). She was spring cleaning and on a ladder and fell. She hit her head and totally banged herself up. Managed to crack a couple of ribs along the way. She also has some of the nasiest bruises that I've ever seen.

Today we had a girls day planned at the Museum of Science. This is an identity exhibit that she wanted to seen. Needless to say, I drove it but every bump she was yelling out in pain. We had to take elevators everywhere. We decided to see 2 shows (Sharks in 3D and Antartica at the Omni) During Sharks...I all of a sudden did NOT feel so good. I made it through the show...barely. We figured maybe lunch would help so we went and grabbed salads. NOT a wise choice as it turned out. I just ended up getting sick again. We had tickets for the Omni so I decided to brave it. For those who are not from the Boston area, the Omni Theatre is a 180 degree theatre (think Soarin on Steroids). Um, ya that didn't help the nausea. So we were quite a pair at MOS! But we were laughing so hard at ourselves...it still was a wonderful day!

And then to come home and see that TINK IS IN THE MIDDLE!!!! :banana:

She looks like a happy Princess! I'm heading to check out your TR!

It was my 1st attempt and not very good but I have been doing a lot of reading to improve my TR writing skills, I have also learned what pics I am missing to make my scrapbook great ( I am new to that too but almost done my first one)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter