The Tenth Honeymoon is the Best One of Them All! - May '14 TR - COMPLETED 4/19

You gave up Brown Derby for Sci Fi? Wait? Did I hear that right? :faint:

Whatevs - looks like you had a great meal and still made it to F! with a great view.

Love the full family shot.

Love that you were able to do some rides and keep down some food. Here's hoping that you are 100% by tomorrow! :thumbsup2

We slept in, since we were already at Epcot twice this week, and I REALLY want to be able to eat (and drink) at Epcot today. It would be a crime to visit Epcot and not eat (or drink). In fact, Epcot was what cured me a few years back when I couldn't eat (or drink). A liter of German beer at the Biergarten cured that!

And today, we're going back to the Biergarten!

Or, at least, we WERE going back to the Biergarten!

Hold on - what just happened? NOT going to the Biergarten? And we already have ADRs? Whuh?

Yes, that's right. Kristin wants to flip it up and take a break from the BG, and I'm game. Tutto Italia it is. We skipped Mama Melrose, so this just makes sense. Better tweak the itinerary...

And from the looks of it, we change A LOT of plans for today. Mission: Space has been replaced by the never-before-attempted "Kick it all off with Figment", and Test Track has been moved to later in the day. I love FP+!

And yes, I realize the surprise of the ADR switch was nullified when I posted a photo of Tutto in the day header. Bear with us!

To El Centro I head, and I see a Hidden Mickey I've somehow missed until now:

Lake shot:

Alright, now back to Epcot!

We reach the 'cot around 10:30, and we love it. I mean, look how happy we are:

Love Flower and Garden, too!

Dylan is so strong, he can hoop Spaceship Earth like a basketball!

Emily is so strong, she can press Spaceship Earth AND that poor man's head!

Did I mention anything about love?

One more shot by the ball...

...and it's on to everyone's usual first-stop at Epcot...Club Cool!

No pictures this time around, though. You've seen it plenty of times, anyway.

We have FPs for Figment's Ride that are not quite ready yet, so we make a stop in the butterfly garden.

Kristin takes the best pictures in here, in my completely biased opinon. Here are some more:

...and that's how you pad a Trip Report with photos! Update done!

Or maybe, update not done! We rode Figment (with no photos), then headed over to World Showcase for lunch at Katsura Grill. We took the U.K. side:

I always forget how far away the Japan pavilion is. Oh well, more photos:

Almost there:

Stop for a photo:

Take a photo for another couple, and it's over to the restaurant. With filler - um, I mean pictures on the way:

Outside of the restaurant...

...and the inside. We're in!

I pass on the sushi, because I have doubts about how good it will be. Not sure why I feel that way. It's probably fantastic. I go for the Teriyaki Chicken instead:

Kristin got the Shogun Combo (Teriyaki Chicken AND Beef):

The food is great, and the stomach bug is finally gone. Let's have some green tea cheesecake:

And some green tea green tea:

There's a theme here! Everything was great, and I'm feeling wonderful. Emily's happy, too:

Dylan, not so much. But he's picky.

Alright, let's head out!

(next update)

Last edited:
Ack! Knowing my lack of consistency, that's a mighty high bar to set!

Where are you staying?

Port Orleans French Quarter. My daughter and I will be staying in your favorite, Coronado Springs, the first weekend of May for the Expedition Everest 5K.

I like your marked up sheet with the agenda for the day ... someone really should invent an app for keeping track of that sort of thing ;)

You know, I don't think I have every heard of anyone refer to it as "the 'cot" - but I like it.

"hey, where were you today?"

"oh, just hanging at the 'cot"

I am impressed with the butterfly pictures 1) because they are really good and b) because I have read numerous reports of a lack of butterflies in the butterfly garden

The Peter Pan on the roof might be my favorite topiary

Your food looks really good! There are too many good food options at the 'cot ... they need to share the love with some of the other parks.

Port Orleans French Quarter. My daughter and I will be staying in your favorite, Coronado Springs, the first weekend of May for the Expedition Everest 5K.

I don't run, but a run through a park would be the way to go!

We did FQ two years in a row and loved it. Not as much as CSR, but... :)

Have a GREAT trip! I'll try to add to this TR some more this week.

I like your marked up sheet with the agenda for the day ... someone really should invent an app for keeping track of that sort of thing ;)

A customer at work once said, "a paperless office is as useful as a paperless bathroom." :)

You know, I don't think I have every heard of anyone refer to it as "the 'cot" - but I like it.

Thanks! I think I'll trademark it. Then, I think I'll settle out of court when I get sued over it.

I am impressed with the butterfly pictures 1) because they are really good and b) because I have read numerous reports of a lack of butterflies in the butterfly garden

"Are there any dinosaurs on this dinosaur tour?"

Your food looks really good! There are too many good food options at the 'cot ... they need to share the love with some of the other parks.

Really! MK and AK are decent, but HS's food could use some 'cotting of their own!

:woohoo:Yay an update! I liked your picture padding, it made me feel like I was walking around the showcase myself. We are probably staying at CSR for our trip in September, fingers crossed for free dining. One of the deciding factors is how much you guys enjoyed it on this and past trips, can't wait to see it in person.

:woohoo:Yay an update! I liked your picture padding, it made me feel like I was walking around the showcase myself. We are probably staying at CSR for our trip in September, fingers crossed for free dining. One of the deciding factors is how much you guys enjoyed it on this and past trips, can't wait to see it in person.

Awesome! You're going to love it. Hope the free dining works out!

If you liked the amount of photos, wait for the next update :)

I wanted to post just the middle picture but didn't know how. I LOVE that monorail pic. It looks like a postcard. You have a knack for those if I remember from a previous TR of yours.

Love the butterfly garden shots. Is the butterfly garden just open for F&G or have I missed it on our trips?

Lunch looks yummy! Glad you were able to stomach it!

I can't believe you bailed on Biergarten! We are actually trying it for the first time this year!

Last edited:
I wanted to post just the middle picture but didn't know how. I LOVE that monorail pic. It looks like a postcard. You have a knack for those if I remember from a previous TR of yours.

Love the butterfly garden shots. Is the butterfly garden just open for F&G or have I missed it on our trips?

Lunch looks yummy! Glad you were able to stomach it!

I can't believe you bailed on Biergarten! We are actually trying it for the first time this year!

I think Kristin took that one. I got the one last year in front of Universe of Energy. IMO, the monorail is sort of iconic in terms of FutureWorld, even though I've never taken it through Epcot :)

I think the butterfly garden is just during F&G, but could be wrong.

Yes, being able to eat makes Disney more enjoyable! I really hate not feeling well (who doesn't?), so I push to get better as quickly as possible. That's not always the best idea, so I think taking it easy on the DHS day helped.

At first, I didn't like the idea of skipping Biergarten, but being a good husband (lol), I took one for the team. We're back there in 2015, however!

Thanks for reading! I definitely want to get up-to-date on your TR since I could use as much CBR info as possible!

Afterwards, we got some photos around Japan:

Alright, now where is that Hidden Mickey? I know it's around here somewhere!

Oh yeah - it's on the grate. Under the leaves. Stupid leaves!

More photo filler:

Can't...stop. Epcot...too...photogenic.

Oh...no...not...

King of the Monsters? Ok, I'm not disputing that. So where are we?

Mitsukashi! My favorite store at WDW!

So, how much do I love it?

So much, that's the only photo I have of it! Odd. Anyway...

Ok, leaving Japan. Where are we, again?

That's where! Next stop, Morocco!

The Moroccan beer isn't the world's best, but it's perfect on a hot Epcot day. Today, it's the Efes Lager. No photo available. And no explanation. Sorry, that was, like, 10 months ago. Is it my fault I can't finish a Trip Report?

More Morocco stuff...

Small crowds. Love May! Love this photo, too:

Hey, there's a family in this story, too!

Amazing that Dylan allowed this to happen. I don't think we'll have this luck in 2015.

More Morocco shots:

If you haven't noticed, this update is really light on substance, and very heavy on photos. Stop complaining and enjoy!

Like these two:

Man, what is happening here? Fun? Who ordered that?

And what's this? Hat pics?

Alright, this story has become too silly. Let's move onto something serious.

Like this:

But not yet. We're still in Morocco! I'll be more selective in the photos, for time purposes:

It's fun switching between the last two photos in Photobucket. Almost didn't get this update done because of that. Resist the urge! Resist!

Hey, couple shot!

Alright, back to the guy with the chairs and fake wine bottles:

The guy in the vest is the balancing guy. And he's amazing.

The guy with the chef's hat is the whistle guy. He communicates solely with a whistle. Apparently, that's common in WDW. He actuially led the duck in the first picture away by blowing it, which was a pretty funny, unscripted moment. Oh yeah, the sets up fake wine bottles, too.

This guy balances on them:

Eventually, this all leads to this:

And this:

And....WOW.

This guy was unbelievable! I love Disney! At home, this would be a day's worth of entertainment. Here, it's just a small, easily-overlooked-in-a-hurry bonus. Stop and watch, if you haven't already!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter