The Tenth Honeymoon is the Best One of Them All! - May '14 TR - COMPLETED 4/19

Just finished reading and glad I joined:) I'm excited to see Epcot more after your photos! Actually your entire report has been amazing!!!

It's the best! Unfortunately, it will look a bit different when you are there, since Flower and Garden will be over. But it's still my "happy place".

Thanks for reading!

Jon!

Great updates as always - good things come to those who wait.

Another
stomach bug? Sheesh.

Emily bought Steve that Darth Vadar's Little Princess book. She recently watched all the Star Wars movies and she is hooked! Maybe someday we'll make it to Star Wars Weekends.

We have a print of that Haunted Mansion picture and a Halloween themed MK print (since we love going to WDW in October). The artist, Larry Dotson, was at Art of Disney in DTD a few years ago so I got to meet him and have him sign the prints. It was so cool! (This is my first time posting a picture in the new DISBoards so I hope it comes out ok).

Hey, here's your snail friend......:snail:

Debbie

Attachments

• Pictures.jpeg
    Pictures.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 12
We have a print of that Haunted Mansion picture and a Halloween themed MK print (since we love going to WDW in October). The artist, Larry Dotson, was at Art of Disney in DTD a few years ago so I got to meet him and have him sign the prints. It was so cool! (This is my first time posting a picture in the new DISBoards so I hope it comes out ok).

Very cool! Now I wish I got one!

Hey, here's your snail friend......:snail:

Love him! The next part of the story's not so good for him, though.

And now, updates!

The morning started with an image no one ever wants to see:

I feel bad when I see this on others' doors, but this makes me feel even worse.

Eh, not really. It's been a great trip (the best of them all!), and it's not over just yet.

We're up early on Saturday to make sure we make rope drop at Magic Kingdom. Still time for some CSR pics, though!

Unfortunately, along the way, we discovered our snail friend from a few night before had been smashed. Wow, that sure messed wih a great mood.

But for us, it's on to the Magic Kingdom. And, the usual bus stop pose:

We get to MK around 8:40:

We actually got farther than that by 8:40. This far, to be specific:

Oh, crap - missed it. Mickey's on that flag, but there's breeze, so we missed him in that photo. Let's try again:

Darnit, missed it again! This is hard!

Oh well, let's photo something else:

Man, not that! Something else:

Other people's kids? What? Oh, there's Disney Stuff (tm) behind them! The opening is starting!

Mickey!

That really tall 5-year-old is obscuring the shot!

The gates open, and we have really good position to get in quickly. As usual, we opt out of the "continue toward the Castle" route taken by most of the masses...

...and head toward Adventureland instead:

Very controlled opening. Looks like we're awaiting a second rope drop, like the people at the Hub, but there aren't any characters here. On trains. Or really tall 5-year-old girls.

Random Adventureland photo...

...and then, we follow the striking workers toward Frontierland...

...soon to be joined with disgruntled employees from there, as well.

Getting close...

Big Thunder? To start it off? Sure, why not?!

We have FPs for Splash Mountain at 9:15, but they're not up yet, so we're going to try the standby for BTMRR.

Almost non-existent! We're on immediately.

Relatively empty train, too.

This ride has really grown on us in recent years. It's a great way to kick off the day, too, and not what we would usually do.

This is the closest Kristin and I get to selfies:

We exit, and re-enter. Plenty of time for another ride!

This time, I stop in the queue to get what I think is the best possible angle of this ride:

Our mission is now to get as many shots of this ride as possible. It could be next year before we're back on it!

The ride ends, and we're right back in line. Ride #3! Let's go!

Alright, ride over. So, who's up for one more time?

^Those guys^

As we passed the CM at the front of the standby line, I said, "last time."

He replied, "yeah, we hear that a lot. Then, 15 times later..."

This time we REALLY want to get a good shot of the dino bones. We tried to get them the first three rides, but timed it wrong. One last shot:

Got it! Such a great ride!

This part reminds me of the first Kingdom Keepers book. Not my favorite books, but they were about WDW, so they were fairly enjoyable. One more photo...

...and that's it. Next stop, Splash Mountain!

Hey, what are them there critters looking at?

Must be that hill up there.

And where are we, again?

Frontierland's not my favorite land at MK, but it does have two of the best rides. Now, let's ride!

We throw caution to the wind and ignore the posted warnings.

Yeah, that's the idea! I'll be more upset if I don't.

Our FPs for this ride are usable now, but the standby is like 15 minutes or something else absurd, so we tuck our wrists into our pockets and get in line with the commoners. Soon enough, we're on the ride. Last MK day, so lots of pictures!

This is the ride that started my love for Disney World. Still one of my favorites.

We pull into the station...

...and still armed with FastPasses, get right back in line to ride again.

We wait for the front, as always, and on we go. No more photos on the ride, but I did get this after we left:

For those who are wondering, this is what Frontierland looks like at 10:30 in the morning on a Saturday in mid-may:

June is really going to be an adjustment in 2015.

Afterwards, Dylan and I decide to hit up the Frontierland Shootin' Arcade, for the first time ever. For some reason, I think I might've said earlier in this TR that we were here at a prior date during this trip, but those are lies, filthy lies. Or me being confused. Who knows. Photographic evidence is on my side this time.

Decent shooting gallery, but not the best I've played. Still fun. Plus, Dylan somehow got all kinds of bonus shots, due to a malfunction or something. I, meanwhile, was robbed of a feew shots.

Meanwhile, the girls got wind of some newly-stocked Frozen merch at Sir Mickey's. Emily got an Elsa-as-a-toddler doll, and a plush doll that could transform from Else to Anna in the flick of a skirt. Kristin said the place was packed. That film is a hit!

Skrim!

Kristin hates the skrim. To me, it means they're making things better.

But yes, it's ugly.

We met by the Castle, and soon got a photo of the girls with one of their purchases:

That is the dual Elsa/Anna doll, in Elsa form (obviously). We had the other Elsa doll shipped back to CSR. Shouldn't be a problem picking it up before we leave tomorrow.

We moved on over to Tomorrowland to fulfill our Space Mountain FPs (no photo available), then a quick stop at the Emporium. Angelina Jolie dolls!

The savvy WDWer will realize that us being on Main Street either means parade or leaving, and the latter is the case. We're really digging the mid-day break this year, and this is the first year we've really taken advantage of it. Besides, we've already taken 7 rides on major attractions, and it's not even noon yet. And MK is open to 1:00 am. Let's go back and swim!

But first, there's an administrative issue Kristin needs to address.

We booked our trip through AAA, like every other year. One of the perks is you get to watch Wishes from a special area over by the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. Well, that's now FastPass only, and we don't have FastPasses. Kristin manages to educate a few Castmembers on the promotion, and eventually, we're green-lit to enter!

Nice! Now that's been taken care of, let's head back to Coronado!

(next update)

Last edited:
I have to say that I am surprised you are still working on this TR. Last full day? The ME envelope of shame is on your door I see! Boo! But even on your second to last day your guys are still going strong! Nothing like multiple rides on BTMMR and Splash. Love that you got so many cool pictures on Big Thunder. Nicely done.

So you are heading down in June this year? It stinks when you finally have to stick to the school schedule. :faint:

Loving all your pictures!

Ha ha ha!!!!! Best line of the TR!

I had to go look up where I said that, since it was so long since I wrote it :)

It does look like it, doesn't it?

I have to say that I am surprised you are still working on this TR. Last full day? The ME envelope of shame is on your door I see! Boo! But even on your second to last day your guys are still going strong! Nothing like multiple rides on BTMMR and Splash. Love that you got so many cool pictures on Big Thunder. Nicely done.

So you are heading down in June this year? It stinks when you finally have to stick to the school schedule. :faint:

Loving all your pictures!

We finish strong! Just like me writing this TR :) I REFUSE to leave it undone!

Yep, stupid school schedules! It was actually Dylan who demanded he not miss school, oddly enough. Bad parents!

Photo compliments from you mean A LOT, so thanks!

I love the cartwheel Emily did in France! I am so going to copy that on our next trip.

We got back to CSR around noon, which was pretty amazing considering all we did that morning. We skipped out on lunch at MK (would've been Cosmic Ray's, so I'm a little bummed. Die-easy Sonny Eclipse fan here), but plan to eat at Siesta's again. Great choice!

We entered the swimwear part of this competition and headed down to the Dig Site. Siesta's is a great little QS, and convenient, too.

Kristin got the nachos with black olives:

Dylan and I got burgers:

Emily got the cheese empanadas:

Nothing extravagent, but simple and really good. Like a Disney QS should be. Except for the ones that are obviously better. But that's neither here nor there.

And if the note on the door this morning wasn't indication enough that our trip was coming to an end, this should clear things up:

Can't go into the pool for 30 more minutes, so guess we'd better take some pictures!

Could you imagine?

Alright, 30 minutes is up! Everybody in the water!

Shortly after, the afternoon pool activities commence! "Name that Disney Tune!" Oh....it seems like we know nothing from the late 90s. Sorry, Brother Bear! No dice, Hercules!

Emily does a bit better in the hula competition:

We stayed at the pool for a while, then went back to the room to start packing. Anything we're not using tomorrow must be stowed! And a few things we are using and will have to dig back out!

We showered off the chlorine, then headed back to the Magic Kingdom. We have FPs to meet the Big Cheese? But will he talk?

Man, that Mouse gets a lot of fan mail. Or does he just never read the little he gets?

Emily tries to crack the safe, but her abilities are limited to sword extraction.

Alright, time to go in!

And

he

IS talking! YES! Mickey approaches us, and leads with a, "Hiya, pal!"

Oh

my

god

HE SAID IT! The whole trip, I was thinking I was going to be upset if he didn't say that, and he said it. "Hiya, pal." He said it.

Now where were we? Oh yeah - Mickey Mouse! Apparently, he's a magician:

The guy on the left is Mickey's bodyguard. Don't mess with the Mouse.

In an act I'm sure many of you have seen, Mickey tries to guess the card in Emily's hand.

"Is this your card?"

Um...no. Not even close. Mickey shakes his head.

"Is THIS your card?"

No. Sorry.

"Is THIS your card?"

Wow. This is getting embarassing. Mickey frantically shuffles the cards, then swaps the entire deck for the card in Emily's hand.

"Is THIS your card?"

Why, yes. Yes, it is.

A photos with the kids:

And one with the lot of us:

Talking Mickey was the best! It was certainly one of the things we were hoping for most on this trip, and it actually happened. VERY cool!

Now that our 3rd FP has been cashed in, it's time to make another. Under the Sea it is! Kristin was underwhelmed by this last year, which I didn't agree with. It was exactly what I expected. Loved the "going underwater" effect!

Anyway, we have FPs for that ride at 8:15, and now, it's almost time for dinner! Tonight's choice is Be our Guest, that OTHER restaurant in that OTHER castle. We head over to New Fantasyland...

...and check in at BoG. We want to check in early so we can request a table in the West Wing. We do, but there will be a wait. As usual. This place is a hit!

Oh well, time to take some pictures!

We watched a guy putting together the tower in the upper right of that last photo. It was about as tall as he. Forced perspective, baby!

Here's that ride we can't go on, but will open literally days after we leave:

And here's more BoG:

The doors swing up, the servents announce our arrival, and in we go!

Main ballroom:

Other room. Which room is this?

My beer:

In the West Wing:

Oh, and there's a girl and a bear in here, too. Let's try that with the flash:

Eh. Too bright!

Photos won't be great in here, but I thin- what?

My beer?

Oh, crap - sorry! Wikipedia describes it as a "A slightly cloudy yellow-colored ale with high carbonation, fruity and spicy aromas and tastes, and perceptible, somewhat quinine-like bitterness." That it was! And very good. France Prost!

Em and Duff pose by the rose:

If you haven't seen the petal drop, it's REALLY cool. Lightning flashes, and the Prince's portrait goes into Beast mode. Hey, food's here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter