The THYROID Thread

I had the choice of having full thyroidectomy or only half. I choose to do full, as my thyroid was not working the way it should prior to having nodules. I did not want to have the remaining half left to mess with the medication and have to keep adjusting because the other half was still there. Also, if cancer was found, they would have had to take the remaining half out anyway and endocrinologist was betting on cancer. Well, he got that wrong as well as my being diabetic! And, by the time I had surgery, he had left the practice. Grr.
Awe man. I was told the other day that my thyroid is working well within normal levels. So I'm really hoping we only have to take out half.

Sorry you've had such a hard time.

Well that little cold I had landed me in the er and then overnight in the hospital. I woke up not being able to breathe well Sat. at 3am.
Ds drove me to the hospital and Dh followed.
They gave me iv steroids and breathing treatments. Tested for 17 viruses - nothing.
Saw nodules on the ct scan in lungs so now my pcp who I saw yesterday will talk to endo about a follow up ct or pet scan. Could just be viral reaction. Also saw 2 swollen mammary lymph nodes so go get a mammogram she said. Always something,
Thanksgiving Blessings to all.

Well that little cold I had landed me in the er and then overnight in the hospital. I woke up not being able to breathe well Sat. at 3am.
Ds drove me to the hospital and Dh followed.
They gave me iv steroids and breathing treatments. Tested for 17 viruses - nothing.
Saw nodules on the ct scan in lungs so now my pcp who I saw yesterday will talk to endo about a follow up ct or pet scan. Could just be viral reaction. Also saw 2 swollen mammary lymph nodes so go get a mammogram she said. Always something,
Thanksgiving Blessings to all.
Sorry to hear that. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Hope things go well Heather, and that this is a Doctor who will be a better fit.

I have my annual ultra sound and blood work next week, as well as an appt. with my Endo. on January 3rd. Not expecting any surprises, but always a little anxious to get the results. My Mom had a relapse of her Breast Cancer last spring (stage 4) and my Aunt who had Thyroid Cancer 30 years ago had a relapse and then another kind of cancer that she died from. This is the reason I try to keep on top of things and make sure to go annually to visit my Endo.

Anyway, I hope all of you have a wonderful Holiday Season and enjoy time with your families!

Hope things go well Heather, and that this is a Doctor who will be a better fit.

I have my annual ultra sound and blood work next week, as well as an appt. with my Endo. on January 3rd. Not expecting any surprises, but always a little anxious to get the results. My Mom had a relapse of her Breast Cancer last spring (stage 4) and my Aunt who had Thyroid Cancer 30 years ago had a relapse and then another kind of cancer that she died from. This is the reason I try to keep on top of things and make sure to go annually to visit my Endo.

Anyway, I hope all of you have a wonderful Holiday Season and enjoy time with your families!

Thank you, I hope the same! Hoping you get good results! Happy holidays!

Wishing you all the best too Caseheidi

I saw my Endo today. I was really nervous, because the test results I saw were a little concerning (in my uneducated opinion) and I was concerned that my cancer was back. The Thyroglobulin number was high, and getting higher each year. What I didn't know was that this test had two results, and the first basically was an indication that it was not an effective tool for me. The second just said that I was negative for they Thyroglobulin, which means the cancer is not back. Then I received the results from the ultrasound, and I have nodes on both sides that are suspicious. My Endo asked me if I had by any chance had a bad cold this past month, which I did over Thanksgiving and the first week of December. He thinks this is why they look different, but to be safe we are doing another ultrasound in three months.

I am so relieved that the results came back good. I really like being able to get my results, but sometimes it really is better to wait for the Doctor to explain the results.

Caseheidi - I am glad you got pretty good news yesterday. Glad to hear they are doing the repeat sonogram in three months

And speaking of sonograms I am getting my repeat one tomorrow so it will be wait and see. I will point to where my pain is too so hope she gets more good pictures.

Hope everyone is doing well. Check in when you can
@Christine
@macraven
Hope you are ok too
I finally got the results of my sonogram after sending a patient portal note. Someone (not the endo) called me and said the lymph nodes were benign. PTL! An answer to prayer for sure!
Went for vascular surgeon check up. He is pleased with the aortic implant ct. Told him again thank you for saving my life 3 years ago Sunday.
Cardiologist was happy with everything.
Looking into Medicare. My head spins. Dh has a very good work plan so I don’t know if his would still cover me.
Got a new dishwasher. Slim pickings. Now the refrigerator is going. Nothing in stock. 2 month wait. Poor ds1 is without a washer or refrigerator too. His fridge is under warranty and the repair guy is coming back in Feb. Also thinking that finding a used vehicle is getting hopeless too. Nothing less than 50k miles.
Take care everyone!

That is great news and an answer of prayers for you!
It’s one less major worry behind you.

Finding a store that has the appliances you need could be a major task.

Not sure for where you live but I am in Georgia and on a wait list for an appliance.

I am need of a stove/oven but making due with our microwave which is ten years old.

Great news @luvmarypoppins !

Medicare is for sure a head spinner. I'm not there yet but I'm working with my own insurance to figure out what I will phase into with Medicare comes. Usually you get a Medicare Part B plan and then if you are on another insurance, that other insurance acts as your secondary after everything runs through Medicare.

There are options for *some* employees that if you're still working at Medicare age, you and your spouse can defer it until the working spouse retires. That doesn't seem to apply to people working in private industry but more in government employment. Good luck figuring it out. I know a bit about it because my parents are on it and I see a lot of how it works. Both my parents are really pleased with it but they also have a secondary insurance. They pay a LOT per month for Part B and their secondary.

Oh, I know what you mean about Medicare being a head spinner! My husband will be applying and on Medicare by July/August of this year. Just starting the process. When my parents were on it, it was just Medicare A & B, I think! Now, you have Part D and Part C - ? advantage plans? and just heard about a part F???? Ugh. I think we are okay on just regular Medicare A & B with D being my husband's pharmacy plan. We already will have the secondary, as my DH has insurance from his previous employer. But, I still want to learn about it all, to make sure we do it right! Just got books, phone number, etc. yesterday to start the learning process!

@luvmarypoppins so happy you had good news on your doctor appointments. Hope the appliance thing gets easier soon. Our Refrigerator is almost 20 years old, and I have fears of it going out. For us, between Christmas and the first weekend of January, we had to have my 12 yr old van fixed, and found a leak in our roof. Combined it set us back $6K. This adulting thing is hard!

Good morning everyone!
A little reminder that we are all our best advocates!
Our cvs went out of business. They said they would transfer everything to another cvs, um ok. That was in December.
Just noticed I have like a few synthroid left.
I called to auto fill and they said Monday.
Then I call the pharmacy to tell the tech I need it sooner.
She says ok. I put it in for Levo and it will cost you $24. I said, um no! It’s synthroid name brand always. I told her I know my insurance won’t pay for it etc. I told her I don’t want it to be filled generic because the dr. wrote daw so fill it that way.
Gheesh!! Why do they make something that is supposed to be so easy and turn it into something difficult.
I guess they will all have to learn about all the new people whose meds were transferred there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter