The unofficial waiting to make Be Our Guest ADRs thread-8/20 7am

Also there are plenty of princess meals throughout the parks. What Disney really needs to add is character meals for boys. My son would love a pirate themed character meal. As I was planning our ADRs for our trip, I had a lot of difficulty finding one for our son to enjoy. I ended up settling for Stitch at O'Hana for breakfast. [/URL]

When my dd was 6 and my ds was 5 yo we stayed at WL. I'm guessing that was 1997. There was a character breakfast at the Whispering Canyon Cafe (I think) with Pocahontas and friends. It was a great character meal and perfect for boys and girls alike!

I have a question...I have always booked ADRs online and rarely, if ever, have called in with WDW DINE to book an ADR. That being said, does anyone know if the online booking option will be available on the same day the call-in ADRs will be available? Meaning, the morning BOG starts taking reservations, can they just be booked on line or do you think we will have to call? :confused3

I have a question...I have always booked ADRs online and rarely, if ever, have called in with WDW DINE to book an ADR. That being said, does anyone know if the online booking option will be available on the same day the call-in ADRs will be available? Meaning, the morning BOG starts taking reservations, can they just be booked on line or do you think we will have to call? :confused3

Nobody knows. All we really know is that it will be sometime in late August. My own plan is to check online while I'm on hold to Disney Dining. Whichever pans out will be fine with me. We don't even really know if we'll have a date certain ahead of time or if it will just show up one day.

Nobody knows. All we really know is that it will be sometime in late August. My own plan is to check online while I'm on hold to Disney Dining. Whichever pans out will be fine with me. We don't even really know if we'll have a date certain ahead of time or if it will just show up one day.

Thanks! I figured it was going to be up in the air, but not sure if anyone had experienced anything like this before. I know that they say late August, but I still check every morning!

I don't think we even need to speculate. The 2013 DP is released. BOG is listed as a TS for dinner and a QS for lunch. It is NOT listed under character meals.

What we know so far is that the 2 TS 2 CS rumor came from one (and only one) travel agency that claimed to have gotten it from a "trusted" source at Disney but would not or could not identify that source. All other sources, including the dining plan brochure published by Disney just this month, say 1 TS 1 CS.

Dinner will not have characters. The actual language from the Disney Parks Blog was "there are no plans for characters."

Ok I might be going on a little pixie dust here but bear with me. I know we at all waiting for fantasyland to open so I started to dig. On Disney website they list the holiday events. Mickey's very merry Christmas party, holidays around the world-candlelight processional, Osborne light and mickey's jingle jungle parade. With the exception of holidays around the world, all the events start Nov. 9th. Does this change anyone's speculation on when be our guest will open?

Ok I might be going on a little pixie dust here but bear with me. I know we at all waiting for fantasyland to open so I started to dig. On Disney website they list the holiday events. Mickey's very merry Christmas party, holidays around the world-candlelight processional, Osborne light and mickey's jingle jungle parade. With the exception of holidays around the world, all the events start Nov. 9th. Does this change anyone's speculation on when be our guest will open?

No. I think they'll open it the moment they're ready. No sooner, no later. Just think about how HUGE that restaurant is. Practically a license to print money. And I think we can all count on them wanting to get that going just as quickly as they can do so.

I think the term "holidays 2012" was deliberately vague to give them wiggle room with last-minute delays.

But I'd be optimistic for at least a soft open in early November. And that is based on absolutely nothing concrete. :goodvibes

Hmmm CS for lunch ....I would honestly be happy to get in there with CS :) Just to be able to walk into the grand ballroom would be awesome !

KSBelle77 said:

I noticed that 2013 DP brochure said it was to open in FALL 2012. That suggests to me November or earlier (I hope). I also found a comment today that reported a CM saying ADRs would open Aug. 28. Again, not official. The line on one CS lunch and one TS dinner seems to be holding...

And for those looking for more menu info, this posting (http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/...-menu-and-reservations-update-in-fantasyland/) seems to have more information than what I'd seen elsewhere.

°o° Lace — Planning our second WDW adventure, 11/1-10 AoA-LM (Sent from my iPad using DISBoards)

When I booked my pirates and pals cruise today I asked the CM about booking BOG adr's and she told me September 1st.
But we'll see, after all the CM's have been stringing us along with P and P bookings for weeks!

Claire :)

I just called to set up Magical Express reservations, and spoke with a really nice CM. When he asked me if we needed any reservations, I told him we were just waiting on BOG. He said he had recently been part of a team who met with the people in charge of BOG and he told them his callers kept asking when it would be open. He said they told him "Octoberish." I don't know if that's accurate at all, but I thought I'd share.

Eliza'sMom said:
I just called to set up Magical Express reservations, and spoke with a really nice CM. When he asked me if we needed any reservations, I told him we were just waiting on BOG. He said he had recently been part of a team who met with the people in charge of BOG and he told them his callers kept asking when it would be open. He said they told him "Octoberish." I don't know if that's accurate at all, but I thought I'd share.

Please!!!!! I hope his information was accurate! I am so hoping for a ressie for my birthday!!! (November 10) I will try to not get my hopes up BUT that is now like impossible!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Oh that is wonderful news! Thanks for sharing!

Talked to my travel agent yesterday and she said they will start Ressies in August. I asked if that will be beginning, middle or end of August and she said they just said August so she is is "assuming" August 1. :confused3

monica9 said:
Talked to my travel agent yesterday and she said they will start Ressies in August. I asked if that will be beginning, middle or end of August and she said they just said August so she is is "assuming" August 1. :confused3

The disney blog had said late august but no official date.

Thanks for sharing! I am hopeful that this is true. If they are considering Thanksgiving to be included in "Holidays 2012", I would think they they will need a few weeks (at the very least) to get things running smoothly. I think the best thing they could do is to open during the large FD blackout period in the middle of October and hope that the crowds will be moderate for ADRs during that time.

Fingers crossed that we get some concrete dates soon! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter