The unofficial waiting to make Be Our Guest ADRs thread-8/20 7am

Just saw a Facebook post from Everything Walt Disney world that says lunch and dinner will both be 2 credits. That makes me a credit shy or I will have to trade the hoop dee do review for it. Hmmm...wonder if they will make it sound so good that I make the switch!!!

That's weird because there were responses to comments on the blog (at least they were there when posted) where Disney staff stated it would be 1 TS credit for dinner.

MondaysChild said:
Just saw a Facebook post from Everything Walt Disney world that says lunch and dinner will both be 2 credits. That makes me a credit shy or I will have to trade the hoop dee do review for it. Hmmm...wonder if they will make it sound so good that I make the switch!!!

Lunch is a quick service according to Disney's blog. I have never seen a quick service be two credits.

I think it is pretty safe to say that both lunch and dinner will be one credit. Not only is that what was posted on the Disney Food Blog and Disney Parks Blog but the recently released information on the 2013 dining Plan does not have it listed as requiring 2 credits like they do for others. It is listed right there with the rest of the single credit restaurants.

I will hazard a guess that they were talking about Le Cellier, not BOG. There is some indication that Le Cellier is moving to signature/2 credits for lunch as of 2013.

BOG lunch will be counter service, it's not going to cost 2 credits.

I, too, saw the post on FB about the 2 QS for lunch and 2 TS for dinner. I do hope not. I'm very skeptical, and hope it isn't true, but I wonder. It seems to have caused quite a ruckus on the post that I saw, to the point where the site banned some people! Unfortunately, I came a little late and didn't get to read the entire convo :confused3 So I guess we'll continue to wait... :surfweb:

I, too, saw the post on FB about the 2 QS for lunch and 2 TS for dinner. I do hope not. I'm very skeptical, and hope it isn't true, but I wonder. It seems to have caused quite a ruckus on the post that I saw, to the point where the site banned some people! Unfortunately, I came a little late and didn't get to read the entire convo :confused3 So I guess we'll continue to wait... :surfweb:

I saw it as well. We don't do the DDP at all, but I can see this backfiring on Disney a little bit once the "newness" wears off.
More then anything it really makes me wonder about the prices for the food if it takes 2 QS credits for lunch.

I saw it as well. We don't do the DDP at all, but I can see this backfiring on Disney a little bit once the "newness" wears off.
More then anything it really makes me wonder about the prices for the food if it takes 2 QS credits for lunch.

Oh, I agree! But I'll volunteer to be a guinea pig. LOL! I quote here from the disneyfoodblog on June 27th:

Disney Dining Plan and Pricing?
We don’t have any new information regarding pricing, but we do know that Be Our Guest Restaurant will be part of the Disney Dining Plan. Lunch will be one counter-service credit; dinner will be one table-service credit.

Be Our Guest Restaurant Chef Mike Deardorff did say, “We think guests will be pleasantly surprised with the menu and the value,” which makes us hope that the prices won’t be off the charts.

If it IS 2 table credits for dinner, I'll just pay out of pocket and skip the cupcake dessert....actually I may just pay out of pocket anyway.

They can always change their minds, then change it back too. Earlier this year Disney Cruise Line tried to revoke the 'bring your own alcohol onboard' policy from no limit to a normal industry limit and swiftly backpedaled when their customers were up in arms over it. This "rumor" might just be a testing ground to determine what they can get away with. :rolleyes1

They can always change their minds, then change it back too. Earlier this year Disney Cruise Line tried to revoke the 'bring your own alcohol onboard' policy from no limit to a normal industry limit and swiftly backpedaled when their customers were up in arms over it. This "rumor" might just be a testing ground to determine what they can get away with. :rolleyes1

Actually I was thinking about this myself.

I just went to the online ADR page and it is down for maintenance. I know this is a long shot, but any chance they are loading the BOG data in to the system? Here's to hoping!!!popcorn::

I just went to the online ADR page and it is down for maintenance. I know this is a long shot, but any chance they are loading the BOG data in to the system? Here's to hoping!!!popcorn::

Loving the optimism! :wizard:

But the entire system is down, including the resort reservation page.

Alas, the ADR system came back up and no BOG option. Oh well, it was a fun few hours of checking and checking! It has to be soon though!!! :worship:

Alas, the ADR system came back up and no BOG option. Oh well, it was a fun few hours of checking and checking! It has to be soon though!!! :worship:

We've still got another month until we hit the "late August" the Disney Parks Blog referenced for the start of ADRs for BOG.

I was reading up on this on another forum and this 2-credit info is coming from a Disney Sales Manager that works with various Disney travel agencies. i.e. Disney gives the info to agents so the agents can provide the info to clients. So, at least from what I'm reading on other sites...this 2-credit info is coming from Disney. I know the 2013 DDP guides list everything as 1-credit for dinner and QS for lunch, but we all also know this info is subject to change as well. Either way- it's still not officially confirmed by Disney to the public...so I guess we won't really know until the official info is released.

While I have mixed feelings on this, we're also looking at this from the perspective of our current WDW dining experiences. While some of this may be prompted by perceived demand, maybe even the QS experience will be far greater than any of the QS options on property.

While I have mixed feelings on this, we're also looking at this from the perspective of our current WDW dining experiences. While some of this may be prompted by perceived demand, maybe even the QS experience will be far greater than any of the QS options on property.

I get your point, but I still say 2 credits is too much for lunch. I'll happily use 2 credits for a dinner ADR, but I think 2 for lunch is pushing it, especially when you consider that neither lunch nor dinner options come with characters. For those credits, it better be one heck of a restaurant!

I'm taking all of that with a grain of salt. But I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to wring 2 CS credits out of lunch there. With them serving you at your table and using china, it seemed all along like they were trying to set it apart from all their other CS locations.

I just think if that were true that it would be interesting to see if they could sustain that large a venue at 2 credits once the newness wears off.

Belle4311 said:
I get your point, but I still say 2 credits is too much for lunch. I'll happily use 2 credits for a dinner ADR, but I think 2 for lunch is pushing it, especially when you consider that neither lunch nor dinner options come with characters. For those credits, it better be one heck of a restaurant!

I just keep thinking of those who have DxDP... You're asking them to spend two TS credits for a CS meal? No one who thinks about it will go for lunch, or if they do, they'll be OOP. I'm certainly not spending the same "amount" on CS BoG as I would on CG! This is potential source of major confusion and disgruntled diners. And for 2TS, dinner had better be a character meal or high-end gourmet like CG...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter