The vacation of a lifetime!

Have a great time! We arrive on 4/13 and will be at the VGC until 4/19. Hoping we have good weather and most of the spring break crowd is gone.

Thank you! Have a great time yourself! :thumbsup2
Anything has to be better than what I'm leaving. We had snow again last night and I can't wait to be warm. :)

I know I'm a little late on responding and you probably already have everything planned but here are the top "special" things I think are a must when time and money aren't too tight:

-Fantasmic Dessert Premium Seating
-WOC premium dining
-Blue Bayou dinner by the railing
-Billy Hill & the Hillbillies - I grab food at Bengal BBQ first and take it over. Not a huge fan of the food in the Golden Horseshoe.

Those are really the only things I specifically plan in my days. Rides and everything else I wing.

EDIT:

I just saw your trip is in one week! Definitely too late for my response! Haha!

I just saw your trip is in one week! Definitely too late for my response! Haha!

That's ok, I still appreciate your advice. :)
The car is loaded and tomorrow is the last of the errands, including taking my buddy Boo to his friendly pet-sitter.
Wednesday will be last minute details like making sure we're all clean and ready to go, neck pillows and travel bags loaded into the car, snacks and sandwiches made for the trip, etc. Thursday as soon as we wake up, we leave. It'll still be dark. :coffee:
We're almost on our way! :wave2:

Just read your entire thread for the first time. From my family to yours we wish you all the best for a wonderful family holiday. party:

I have to tell you that I have cried reading this thread and I truly hope that your remission stays true.

My son was 5 when we were at Disneyland and his favorites were:

Jedi Academy
Buzz Lightyear ride
Toy Story ride in CA
Toon Town

Enjoy all your days at the resort. We were there for 6 days and it definitely wasn't enough!

Sending you good wishes and prayers from Australia.

:goodvibes

I just found your thread. Just wanted to chime in and say I hope you have a magical trip! :wizard:

I can't believe its almost here! I remember when you started the thread. Can't wait to hear all about it.

I know it's very last minute as you're leaving in a couple days!! so excited for you!! But, I wanted to chime in on the makeovers. In DTD there is a place called Disney 365. Its marketed for the tween girls and they do rock star makeovers. For boys, in addition to their makeovers they get light up drum sticks. The hair is similar to the knight package at BBB, and they get smokey rocker eyes. It costs a little less, too. My son had it done when he just turned 4 and had a great time. His hair was a bit long, though (about 3 -4 inches), at it took a lot of product and time to get the look right.

I also bought lanyards. I bought the ones that had little coin purses attached

Oh this sounds like a great idea!! Did you get these BEFORE arriving or are they in the part somewhere at the front end.

We will be going in May and for the first time will go without a stroller since DD is too big. Honestly we're going to miss it. The stroller was an awesome way to thread the crowds and a place to go when little legs were weary of walking.

So now that she'll be free I'm want something on her body with her name and my cell phone number on it in the off chance she gets lost.

AussieDisneyNut-Thank you very much! I hope the remission stays also. The boys are looking forward to all that you mentioned and they're actually looking forward to HM and Captain EO. They think Michael Jackson is the coolest thing and love his videos. :)

mom2rtk-Thank you so much! :)

larina-I know. I was just saying yesterday that I've been planning this a year and just can't believe it's here. I'll be working on my TR every night in the hotel when I'm unwinding and waiting for children to go to sleep. We don't have internet at the hotel, so I won't be posting it until I come back but it will be ready. :cool1:

Goofy_Mom-That's a great idea and Saturday we'll be spending the day checking out the DD area and the hotels anyway. ::yes::

TinkFlies-I'm not profa, but I bought the same ones. I got them online through Amazon brand new. :thumbsup2

Expecting the grandchildren after they get home from school today...some time in the next two hours. My son and DIL have decided to leave as soon as they drop them. :lmao:
We decided against taking a stroller. The boys have outgrown it by a couple years and we decided to take my wheelchair instead. That way I can use it as a walker so I can walk as much as I can and sit in it when I need to do so. It will hold items and gives the children a chance to rest when I'm not using it. :)

I just read this whole thread and I am so excited for you and your family. God bless and have a wonderful trip!! Can't wait to read your trip report! :yay:

Hava a safe and wonderful trip! Make a lifetime of magical pixiedust: memories and enjoy smelling the roses Bless you and your family :hug:

Everyone is sleeping and I just can't get there yet. Too excited, I guess. We leave in the morning! :hyper:
Take care all and I'll be back in a couple weeks! :yay:

Everyone is sleeping and I just can't get there yet. Too excited, I guess. We leave in the morning! :hyper:
Take care all and I'll be back in a couple weeks! :yay:

We leave on Sat. morning and perhaps we will run into each other. Have a wonderful time!

Thursday April 11
We got a late start. We wanted to leave before 6:00am, but didn't get going until 7:30am. It had snowed the night before, so we were walking through snow to get in the car. I had no idea the boys would get car sick. They had a miserable trip, but were still excited. We hit a lot of snow going through Colorado and the mountains, but we still managed to make it to Green River, Utah to stay the night.

Friday April 12
Arrived at Embassy Suites at 7:30pm. We were so tired we cancelled Mad T Party and had an early night instead. Somewhere along the way DH caught a bad cold. :( At least only he did. :)

Saturday April 13
Had reservations for Storytellers Cafe for breakfast.

The kids saw Dale when we were walking in and ran right over to him. Unfortunately he was visiting a table at the time and we had to pull them back with the promise he would come over to our table later.
We really enjoyed that breakfast! No one told me that the Mickey waffles were so yummy...I had 3 of them. <oink> I was made a wonderful egg white/spinach omelet and we had several guests at our table.

Dale came by first, of course.

Chip, Koda, Terk, and Brer Bear soon followed. The children were so happy getting those pictures and autographs.

They saw Meeko, but then he just disappeared without coming over to us. They were disappointed, so we asked our server when he was due back and were told he was going on break. "Oh well, maybe another time" we told the kids. Did I mention what a nice server we had? We really enjoyed her.

Just as we were leaving they spotted Meeko and ran over to him. They got pictures and an autograph and thought the day was perfect.

We spent the next few hours running errands. Funny how you can't get away from those even on vacation. We got to Downtown Disney about 1:00pm. We had lunch at Wetzel's Pretzels (we weren't fans, I'm sorry to say) and then looked around.

They must have spent at least an hour outside the Lego store making little race cars and racing them.

The three boys all made cars at Ridemakerz (they LOVE them!) and the granddaughter decided on Build-a-Bear. She made a cat she named Rainbow, got a bed for it, the Disneyland t-shirt and ears outfit, an Aurora outfit, shoes, sunglasses, a meow voice, and a heartbeat. We went to World of Disney and they all bought their Glow With the Show ears while DH and I bought coffee mugs.
We took them back to the hotel for naps around 4:00pm and then went back out at 6:30pm. We met my son and D-I-L at Rainforest Cafe, had a nice dinner, a short swim back at the hotel, and early bed.

Thursday April 11
We got a late start. We wanted to leave before 6:00am, but didn't get going until 7:30am. It had snowed the night before, so we were walking through snow to get in the car. I had no idea the boys would get car sick. They had a miserable trip, but were still excited. We hit a lot of snow going through Colorado and the mountains, but we still managed to make it to Green River, Utah to stay the night.

Friday April 12
Arrived at Embassy Suites at 7:30pm. We were so tired we cancelled Mad T Party and had an early night instead. Somewhere along the way DH caught a bad cold. :( At least only he did. :)

Saturday April 13
Had reservations for Storytellers Cafe for breakfast.
photostream

The kids saw Dale when we were walking in and ran right over to him. Unfortunately he was visiting a table at the time and we had to pull them back with the promise he would come over to our table later.
We really enjoyed that breakfast! No one told me that the Mickey waffles were so yummy...I had 3 of them. <oink> I was made a wonderful egg white/spinach omelet and we had several guests at our table.
photostream
photostream

Dale came by first, of course.
photostream

Chip, Koda, Terk, and Brer Bear soon followed. The children were so happy getting those pictures and autographs.
photostream
photostream
photostream
photostream

They saw Meeko, but then he just disappeared without coming over to us. They were disappointed, so we asked our server when he was due back and were told he was going on break. "Oh well, maybe another time" we told the kids. Did I mention what a nice server we had? We really enjoyed her.
photostream

Just as we were leaving they spotted Meeko and ran over to him. They got pictures and an autograph and thought the day was perfect.
photostream

We spent the next few hours running errands. Funny how you can't get away from those even on vacation. We got to Downtown Disney about 1:00pm. We had lunch at Wetzel's Pretzels (we weren't fans, I'm sorry to say) and then looked around.
photostream

They must have spent at least an hour outside the Lego store making little race cars and racing them.
photostream

The three boys all made cars at Ridemakerz (they LOVE them!) and the granddaughter decided on Build-a-Bear. She made a cat she named Rainbow, got a bed for it, the Disneyland t-shirt and ears outfit, an Aurora outfit, shoes, sunglasses, a meow voice, and a heartbeat. We went to World of Disney and they all bought their Glow With the Show ears while DH and I bought coffee mugs.
We took them back to the hotel for naps around 4:00pm and then went back out at 6:30pm. We met my son and D-I-L at Rainforest Cafe, had a nice dinner, a short swim back at the hotel, and early bed.

Thanks for doing a TR! Sorry we didn't get to meet but we had a wonderful time as well. Hope you are able to post your pics (I am helpless where that is concerned). We did Storytellers breakfast and loved it as well. Thought the bears were exceptional with the grandkids.

Thanks again!

Sounds like a wonderful start!!! If you have pictures I'd love to see them! My son loves his Ridemakerz car, too.

I had to do links for the pictures, but I tested them all and they seem to work. I'll get back to adding to the TR tomorrow. :)

Bummer about the car sickness and your DH's cold, but, it looks and sounds like you had a fantastic time! Lovely pictures.

Sunday April 14
We had to eat breakfast bars we brought because we needed to eat at 6:30am and our hotel didn't start serving breakfast until 7:00am. Our shuttle didn't come at the posted time, so our hotel desk person called and a shuttle was sent to pick us up. The shuttle became a real problem with our vacation. Who knew? :confused3 Advice for anyone making a trip to DL is make sure you're not leaving your vacation plans in control of transportation. I kept looking at the hotels across the street from DL with envy every time we passed them in the shuttle. Oh, if we could only just cross the street to get there. Oh well, live and learn. :sad:
We met my son and D-I-L right outside. We got our gate business taken care of and went to the front of Disneyland for pictures. We had to take our own souvenir shots because I hadn't picked up our Photopass on Main Street at that time, but the photographer did take our annual pass photos.

We went to the Photo Supply and grabbed our Photopass and then walked back to Main Street Train Station. They were having problems and it was down. (You'll read a lot about those problems) So, we walked to Haunted Mansion, the ride D-I-L wanted with granddaughter. We got right on with no wait. The twin I rode with loved it while the twin DH was with cried. The train was working at New Orleans Square, so we got on and went around to Tomorrowland. We got right on Buzz Lightyear, the ride D-I-L wanted with grandson. "Mom" kicked butt! What a fun ride! :rotfl:
D-I-L and Grandson

Son and Granddaughter

DH and Brent (The one that loved HM)

Me and Logan

After that we said goodbye to my son and D-I-L. We walked over to the Long Lost Friends at Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree area and got in the first monstrous line. The line was for Pocahontas, but we didn't get to meet her. By the time we got to the front of the line, Jane and Terk were there. We had some of those yummy Monte Cristo bites while waiting. I wish we could have gotten more on our trip, they were so good! The kids were so tired that the grandson decided to lay on the ground. Even though there were still a couple families in front of us, Terk came over and played with him. :goodvibes

Which, of course, got a scolding from Jane. :)

We couldn't stand the thought of getting into another one of those lines to meet more characters and the kids didn't care anymore by then anyway, so we left. I just snapped some quick pics of who all was there at the time that we missed meeting.

Then it was like someone opened flood gates because the park was packed!
We did catch the first part of the 11am show of Disneyland Band.

The twins and grandson started getting whiny and DH was exhausted, so he grabbed corn dogs and took the boys back to the hotel for early naps while granddaughter and I stayed. The first thing we did was buy a churro to share. So good! At this time I noticed my camera had died on me, so no pics for the remainder of this day. We were able to ride one ride because the line was actually moving. :scared: That was Mad Tea Party. She loved it! We decided to get out of Fantasyland. It just didn't seem to be a good idea to stay there on a Sunday. She wanted to ride one of the Main Street vehicles and chose Omnibus. It was full, but because there were only two of us the driver had us sit beside him up front. :)
We grabbed corn dogs to go from the red wagon. The train was working by then, so we took it back to NOS and bought some beignets and mint juleps. We ate lunch while listening to the jazz band. Not what you think of when planning a DL trip but very relaxing and enjoyable. We then spent about a half hour chatting with a friendly CM. She reminded me to go get a GAC since I don't always use my chair.
After that we went to City Hall to get my GAC. I was really surprised at the attitude of the CM who gave it to me. She was my first, and at that time, my only negative experience there. She started lecturing me like I was a child cheating on a test. Then she underlined the sentence that states the pass in no way grants immediate access to the rides and she continues by turning it over and underlining the part where it says I may have to wait longer than the normal queue lines. She asks very slowly if I understand like she's speaking to an ignorant person. I say yes and have to initial it. Just wow. By then I wasn't even sure I wanted to use it. We decided to go back to the hotel with the males. There wasn't much else we could do unless we wanted to just people watch and we were too tired for that.
We get outside the gates and to our shuttle area where we wait an hour. Finally we asked someone to check our shuttle and we find out it doesn't run between 12:30pm and 3:30pm EVERY DAY. Umm, that's nap time. <sigh> We had to wait another half hour before it finally got there. Needless to say, we ordered room service for dinner and had another early night. I knew at this time reality would be the opposite of my planned itinerary and had to rethink things. :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter