• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree. I sold my resale VGF contract for $205 pp late last year.

I could buy back the same thing for $2 more now and actually be able to combine it with my RIV points.

Obviously that’s not factoring in the costs of selling, and closing costs for buying the new one. But I’d still easily make that trade.

The question is, does my wife agree or does she think we have enough?
Is there such thing as enough? 😉

Just in case anyone is new and this is going to be your first direct purchase (of a minimum of 150 points), be sure to find a direct member to send you a referral link so you can save an additional $500. I know we don't promote that, but it's free money and hardly anyone knows about it. The member doesn't get much (like a dining gift card, maybe?), but $500 at least helps with closing.

Edit: Apparently, it's only for newbies, not current resale members.

Just closed a 300 point contract at VGF! Now time to sell my SSR contract.

Thanks for the tip on the $4k back on Capital One, Total price after cash back will be $49.7k or about $165.6 per point. I'm a bit ticked at myself for jumping on a resale 100 point agreement in ROFR at $186/point. At least that contract has all the 2021 points so maybe can make it up in rental. (who am I kidding, I know I'll burn them). :)

Congrats all !
Do you already have capital one, or did you apply to use for this? We just bought the same amount, and will get roughly $1000 for using the Disney visa. Might be worth looking into for $3000, but we don’t currently have capital one and I don’t really know if I want another cc or not. Plus we would have to apply immediately.

If I did two 75 point contracts, would I still have direct member benefits since it total to 150?

So, now that we know their strategy, is it going to be Yacht Club, Coronado or Polynesian next?
My guess is that they will tear down Aruba at CBR and build high point "Mediterranean Suites" to add to the existing RIV condo association. Then, when they are in a few years, they rebalance points and the regular rooms become more expensive point wise...

Very true, but I don't see how they could have done it differently. The issue, ostensibly, would be that you have only the VGF1 units available to book, but are selling additional points that can also be used there at 11 months (if you load VGF2 with 2021 UY points). With VGF1 sold out and therefore balancing out (hypothetically VGF1 requiring 1million points to fully book with 1 million points sold), you'd be adding, at least initially, several hundred thousand points also free to book at VGF1 immediately since they would be within their 2021 UY (same association) creating an imbalance.

Granted, DVC may hold some points (beyond their legally required 2% stake), so VGF1 is never really "sold out", but really how many points would they have for wriggle room? The booking capacity just wouldn't be there to absorb the influx of new points before VGF2 units came online.

Until VGF2 was online with villas to book, you could potentially have 1.2 million (or whatever the number might be) combined VGF1 and VGF2 11-month points trying to book strictly VGF1 rooms that equal 1 million points when fully booked. It would be like selling 300 seats on a 250 seat plane.

Definitely not great for the metrics, but unavoidable.

It does make sense, and I think you were the one who initially predicted no previous use year points. I was just holding out hope they would use some from ROFR buybacks or breakage or whatever to give that extra incentive to buy direct. Because what it looks like to me now is 227 per point (valuing points at 20$ per for rental purposes) plus incentives, which for most people was a solid no, but nobody is batting an eye at it now.

It does make sense, and I think you were the one who initially predicted no previous use year points. I was just holding out hope they would use some from ROFR buybacks or breakage or whatever to give that extra incentive to buy direct. Because what it looks like to me now is 227 per point (valuing points at 20$ per for rental purposes) plus incentives, which for most people was a solid no, but nobody is batting an eye at it now.
I think that was the hope of @Sandisw, but given that they weren't hauling in a ton of VGF1 points through ROFR, and VGF1 IS "sold out", at some point they would have run out of surplus VGF1 points. They'd have to do something like literally "while supplies last" as an incentive, which I think is way too fluid and unpredictable for Disney.

Just closed a 300 point contract at VGF! Now time to sell my SSR contract.

Thanks for the tip on the $4k back on Capital One, Total price after cash back will be $49.7k or about $165.6 per point. I'm a bit ticked at myself for jumping on a resale 100 point agreement in ROFR at $186/point. At least that contract has all the 2021 points so maybe can make it up in rental. (who am I kidding, I know I'll burn them). :)

Congrats all !
I just looked but couldn't find the tip about $4000 back with Capital One. I already have a Capital One card. How can I get money back with a DVC purchase? If you could post the link I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

I changed my paperwork to reflect 150-50 after seeing your post so thanks for that
Awesome! Just be aware closing costs will probably be an additional $400 or so because of the two separate contracts. But hopefully removing title insurance offsets that extra cost. :)

I just looked but couldn't find the tip about $4000 back with Capital One. I already have a Capital One card. How can I get money back with a DVC purchase? If you could post the link I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Ya, I'm trying to figure this one out also. I too have a Capital One card but I can't figure out how someone is getting such a high % back

I'm pretty happy with my 150+50 point purchase. Waiting on paperwork but am absurdly happy... to be giving Disney this much money. Will really miss this thread though.
I changed my paperwork to reflect 150-50 after seeing your post so thanks for that
Just curious, why 150 and 50? Just for easier potential resale or is there something else? We did 150 and 150 instead of 300, but for 200 I think we would have just bought 200
So I’m just wondering if there is some other nuance I might be missing!

So title insurance is automatically included but is not necessary and can be taken off?
If so, what could one expect to save by removing this?

Just curious, why 150 and 50? Just for easier potential resale or is there something else? We did 150 and 150 instead of 300, but for 200 I think we would have just bought 200
So I’m just wondering if there is some other nuance I might be missing!
Yes, its just in case we want to downsize in the future and keep the blue card. It seems like small point contracts go for a higher price on the resale market, and gives us the option of retaining just the 150 instead of debating if we want to sell all 200 at once. Paying more in extra closing costs today for some flexibility that we may or may not want in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter