The WALDORF ASTORIA ORLANDO and HILTON BONNET CREEK Information Thread

I have to agree with OKW Lover. I too haven't stayed at the Hitlon DTD but I have stayed at the Waldorf and it is truly a deluxe property! I think the $200 and 48k points I'd a great deal. Especially if this is a special occasion, no kids, trip. My husband and I did this in May and we still talk about wanting to go back. The level of service is truly what a deluxe hotel should be and the ammenities are wonderful. Have a great trip!

Great! Thanks for the input. I think we're going to go ahead and move to the Waldorf. Money wise it's almost a break even because it will save us 32,000 points (and I just booked a room in November for 30K points that was around $170) and I'm thinking without the kids we will have more time to enjoy the room/resort. The Hilton DTD is a decent property but it shows some wear as I think it's slightly older. The only thing that would be nice there is the ability to walk to Disney Springs...but you also have I4 right on the back side. I'm excited to try a different hotel...hopefully a nice alternative to staying on property which is where DH really wants to be but for the price, we'd probably end up at a value or mod and I'm thinking this will be much better.

@chattadisser Any thing we should be on the lookout for or tips for the resort? Usually I'm an obsessive planner but I have never even researched the property!
@OKW Lover - We tried to book Bull and Bear on Friday night but no luck. Looks like they may be having a special dinner that night? So we may not get to try that restaurant which I was hoping for. Any other tips?

The Hilton DTD is a decent property but it shows some wear as I think it's slightly older.
"Slightly" is an understatement. That Hilton property was built in the early days of WDW. The Waldorf is only a few years old.

@OKW Lover - We tried to book Bull and Bear on Friday night but no luck. Looks like they may be having a special dinner that night? So we may not get to try that restaurant which I was hoping for. Any other tips?
Well that's disappointing. :(

We are going on Saturday night so you might want to check then if you are flexible. Otherwise a couple of thoughts:
  • Check again when you get to the resort. Ask the Guest Relations folks there if they can do something for you. Especially if you have "status" with the Hilton Honors programs.
  • If that doesn't work, there are a couple of other restaurants there that have good reviews although I haven't tried them lately. Over at adjacent Hilton (short, indoor walk) is La Luce which we have enjoyed, but it was a couple of years ago.

[QUOTE="MTW, post: 56607362, member: 88645

@chattadisser Any thing we should be on the lookout for or tips for the resort? Usually I'm an obsessive planner but I have never even researched the property!
@OKW Lover - We tried to book Bull and Bear on Friday night but no luck. Looks like they may be having a special dinner that night? So we may not get to try that restaurant which I was hoping for. Any other tips?[/QUOTE]

No specific tips except just enjoy the great service. We we upgraded to a one bedroom suite and it was so nice and spacious. We were there on a Wednesday and Thursday night so that probably helped. It was also a last minute trip so we didn't get to go to BB either. Instead we took the Waldorf bus over to the MK, had drinks at a few of the monorail resorts and then ate sushi at the bar at California Grill. No reservations needed for any AND those were things that we would have never gotten to do with two kids. Enjoy your trip! Oh...and enjoy the towel service at the pool. They will make your chair up for you and shortly take your drink order. True vacation!

Going for my fourth trip since I got my annual pass. I've always stayed on property, and I had a reservation at AP rate at All Stars Sports. But then I decided I wanted to upgrade, and though I'd love to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge the AP rate for a savannah room is four times the cost of All Stars. So I decided to give Hilton BC a try. It's three nights, though I get in late Thursday and leave at checkout on Sunday. With getting a rental car, parking, a higher rate, and resort fee, it'll end up being a little over twice as much as my All Stars room. I'm planning to do more resort/hotel lounging this trip, though, and I'm really looking forward to the lazy river at the pool. Hopefully I like it!

Just dropping in to say what a great stay we had at the Waldorf. I got a check-in notification through my Hilton app, and I was out in the sun -- we were on the road starting our trip down. Didn't realize 'til I was done check-in that a long ago checkbox had kicked in and we had been moved to the Waldorf. We really enjoyed our time there. The pools (even the cold one!), the lounge, the food, the people. Just a great way to kick off a Disney trip.

We are just back from a one-night stay at the Waldorf to celebrate our 20th anniversary. It was marvelous!

I booked a room several months ahead of time at the then prevailing rate. I'm an HHonors Gold member and regularly get promotional emails from both Hilton and Waldorf. At some point after booking I got an email about a sale they were having so I went back in and found I could book the same room for ~$150 less, so I jumped on it! I also took the opportunity to upgrade the basic room to a Disney View room using some of my HHonors points. In the notes section I mentioned we were celebrating our anniversary.

Yesterday (4/5) when we checked in I got a very nice front desk attendant (her name was Kennedy) who did a little magic and gave us a suite upgrade. Beautiful accommodations with a living room (I believe the couch pulled out) and a small wet bar area, and a king size bed in the bedroom. Balcony had a great view of Disney, covering almost the entire property.

We had dinner at Bull & Bear last night and it was a great meal as usual. Got back to our suite in time to watch fireworks from three parks right from our balcony simultaneously. Great way to cap off a magical day.

Over at adjacent Hilton (short, indoor walk) is La Luce which we have enjoyed, but it was a couple of years ago.
I know this is an old post but the the benefit of others reading, we've now been to La Luce a couple of times in the past 2 months and enjoyed it both times. Very nice restaurant. Excellent food and service.

I know this is an old post but the the benefit of others reading, we've now been to La Luce a couple of times in the past 2 months and enjoyed it both times. Very nice restaurant. Excellent food and service.

Totally agree! Thank you OKW Lover for re-igniting this thread! Hilton Bonnet Creek and WA is a hidden gem that is often overlooked.

So, not strictly a Waldorf related post, but I wanted to mention that we've been to La Luce at the adjacent Hilton several times recently and have really enjoyed it. If you can't get in to Bull & Bear, La Luce is a great alternative. A nice walk along a connecting corridor between the Waldorf Astoria and the Hilton.

great news- thinking of staying at bonnet creek for one day of swim. I keep looking and I have not seen anything if the lazy river will be open

great news- thinking of staying at bonnet creek for one day of swim. I keep looking and I have not seen anything if the lazy river will be open
I don't think that has been specified. I wouldn't be surprised if it is open though.

Looking to book a 2 night stay at Waldorf. Do they still list rooms on Hotwire? On Hilton site I found $222/night plus the $45/night resort fee. Not bad but figured they may have some inventory for a little while.

Those are really good rates at the Waldorf. Its unusual for them to be below $300.

Those are really good rates at the Waldorf. Its unusual for them to be below $300.
Thanks; I am almost positive I found Waldorf on a Priceline express deal for $150/night which total comes out to $237/night with resort fees and taxes. The only thing I could figure is that it may be the Ritz but only 2 options I could figure. Either way a win.

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to link Waldorf Astoria to MDE using their confirmation number? When I try, I get an error message, even though it's been a few days. Calling doesn't help, as they say no one can answer such questions until the hotel reopens in July. Thanks.

Has anyone been able to link Waldorf Astoria to MDE using their confirmation number? When I try, I get an error message, even though it's been a few days. Calling doesn't help, as they say no one can answer such questions until the hotel reopens in July. Thanks.
Has it been over 72 hours? Website says it can take that long. I booked a room last night and was hoping I would be able to link before tomorrow but doesn’t work yet.

Got an email today that hotel has sent report of confirmation numbers to disney this morning and should be able to link by wed or thurs this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter