The walking dead amc #2

Did thy show them going to the sewers? Did the entire town get down there?

I think this was implied when Negan shows up, and Carl announces his plan to everyone and they all took off running in the other direction. They all headed for the sewers. We also see Carl make it into the sewer after throwing the smoke bombs when Negan's men were chasing him, they showed his eyes peering up out of the sewer grate. We did see Daryl, Tara, Dwight, and Rosita go down there when Michonne took off to go back into Alexandria, and then we see Michonne bring Rick down into the sewer at the end. It was implied that Siddiq was already down there because earlier in the episode we see Carl at the sewer when Michonne confronts him and he admits he's been helping someone.

This is what he said:

“That is a bite on his side.… It will play out as bites play out on the show,” Gimple said Sunday on “Talking Dead.” “It’s very important to Carl’s story and the entire story, what happens in the next episode. I’m just focused on the fact that Carl right now is alive and he has some business to attend to. That is a one-way ticket. But I’d like to think that the things we see in the next episode are so important to his life and the other characters’ lives.”

Seems pretty conclusive to me.

I watched last night as I didn't get to it on Sunday. Was most of the episode dark (brightness wise)? Parts of it we literally couldn't even see what was going on. Yet we had no trouble with anything else we watched.

Yes, this has been a big complaint of mine for some time. The night scenes are always way too dark, but Sunday's took the cake! I could barely see anything the entire episode. I think they need to take a step back and rethink their "artistic vision" or whatever is making them make the scenes so dark, and start thinking more practically.

I read a really interesting theory someone had on another forum, that Rick in fact died in the hospital, but because he's immune he came back as a living person versus a zombie. That would explain how he survived being in the hospital in a coma with no care. Also, Shane swore he was dead, he listened to Rick's chest. He was shocked Rick was alive. Rick has also survived vicious beatings. but is always okay and seems to heal quickly. So this person is speculating that maybe Carl is immune too and will die, but will come back to life as a person and not a zombie, which would then give them hope for a cure with Carl's blood. Who knows, but I thought it was an interesting theory.

I read a really interesting theory someone had on another forum, that Rick in fact died in the hospital, but because he's immune he came back as a living person versus a zombie. That would explain how he survived being in the hospital in a coma with no care. Also, Shane swore he was dead, he listened to Rick's chest. He was shocked Rick was alive. Rick has also survived vicious beatings. but is always okay and seems to heal quickly. So this person is speculating that maybe Carl is immune too and will die, but will come back to life as a person and not a zombie, which would then give them hope for a cure with Carl's blood. Who knows, but I thought it was an interesting theory.
Interesting.

Totally unrelated, but something I also found interesting.... My husband has been watching Robert Kirkman's Secret History of Comics series and I caught a snippet of it the other night. Kirkman said Image Comics wasn't interested in picking up a zombie series, so when they asked him during his pitch what differentiated his zombie story from all the rest he panicked and said, "Aliens. This one will have an alien invasion, the zombies are a plot by the aliens to thin out the human race in preparation for the takeover..." Image said cool, sounds original, and picked it up. Once it was underway and rapidly gaining popularity, they asked Kirkman when were they going to get to the aliens and he was like, "Yeah, that's not happening." :laughing:

That is an interesting theory but in the final episode of the first season (TS-19) when they were in the CDC. Dr. Jenner tested their blood because he was still looking for a vaccine or immunity of some kind. Rick stumbles drunkenly into the control room, where Jenner is working on the group's blood samples. Here's an excerpt of that: "How's the blood?" Rick asks, falling to the floor as he tries to prop himself up against a desk. "No surprises," Jenner states.

Then later when they were all going to leave, Dr. Edwin Jenner whispered to Rick what he found. We later learned that Edwin says two things: "It's in your blood." and "We're all carriers." Up until that point, they thought that only those who were bitten and then died became walkers. I would think he would have said to Rick that everyone but he and Carl had it in their blood. Or he would have, at the very least, tried to find out why Rick and Carl were immune.

That is an interesting theory but in the final episode of the first season (TS-19) when they were in the CDC. Dr. Jenner tested their blood because he was still looking for a vaccine or immunity of some kind. Rick stumbles drunkenly into the control room, where Jenner is working on the group's blood samples. Here's an excerpt of that: "How's the blood?" Rick asks, falling to the floor as he tries to prop himself up against a desk. "No surprises," Jenner states.

Then later when they were all going to leave, Dr. Edwin Jenner whispered to Rick what he found. We later learned that Edwin says two things: "It's in your blood." and "We're all carriers." Up until that point, they thought that only those who were bitten and then died became walkers. I would think he would have said to Rick that everyone but he and Carl had it in their blood. Or he would have, at the very least, tried to find out why Rick and Carl were immune.

True. I forgot Jenner tested their blood, but it is possible he overlooked or didn't know what to look for as far as immunity. I guess time will tell. I just hope we do get an ending and the show doesn't get canceled before then lol.

True. I forgot Jenner tested their blood, but it is possible he overlooked or didn't know what to look for as far as immunity. I guess time will tell. I just hope we do get an ending and the show doesn't get canceled before then lol.

I started watching at season 3 or 4, whenever they were at the prison. The only early episodes that I watched were like the first 3 so learning that they did make it to someone at the CDC is news to me. I agree, it could be possible that they were so early in the epidemic that they didn't really know what to look for, or it might not have even been their blood results that they were given.

I do hope that there is some sort of resolve to unanswered questions prior to the show ending. But hopefully that won't be for a few more seasons.

Chandler cut his hair. He looks so much better now. If the bite is a red herring, he better have fast growing hair or take notes from The Michonne actress on how to deal with wigs in the ATL heat!

Chandler cut his hair. He looks so much better now. If the bite is a red herring, he better have fast growing hair or take notes from The Michonne actress on how to deal with wigs in the ATL heat!

I would think they would already be done filming though, don't you think?

They wrapped filming season 8 a couple weeks ago. But it won’t be more than a couple months before filming for season 9 starts.

The fact Chandler Riggs cut his hair doesn't mean much. They can always work that into the storyline, wouldn't be hard to say hey I wanted a hair cut lol. I go back and forth as to whether Carl bites the dust or not, but whatever the outcome I hope they do it in a way that satisfies us fans.

Interesting.

Totally unrelated, but something I also found interesting.... My husband has been watching Robert Kirkman's Secret History of Comics series and I caught a snippet of it the other night. Kirkman said Image Comics wasn't interested in picking up a zombie series, so when they asked him during his pitch what differentiated his zombie story from all the rest he panicked and said, "Aliens. This one will have an alien invasion, the zombies are a plot by the aliens to thin out the human race in preparation for the takeover..." Image said cool, sounds original, and picked it up. Once it was underway and rapidly gaining popularity, they asked Kirkman when were they going to get to the aliens and he was like, "Yeah, that's not happening." :laughing:

Oh brilliant play on his part!

The fact Chandler Riggs cut his hair doesn't mean much. They can always work that into the storyline, wouldn't be hard to say hey I wanted a hair cut lol. I go back and forth as to whether Carl bites the dust or not, but whatever the outcome I hope they do it in a way that satisfies us fans.

Does his character die in the comics? I thought the only thing that happened to him was he lost his eye.

Does his character die in the comics? I thought the only thing that happened to him was he lost his eye.

I don't read the comics, but from what I heard Carl is still alive and has quite a big role in the future. That's why people are questioning whether or not he will actually die. The show has gone away from the comics before though. I believe Andrea is still alive in the comics, but has died several season ago on the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter