• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Wave or Ragland Road (Pregnant Wife)

Disnerd6838

Mouseketeer
Need advice on which my wife and I should try as we’ve never been to either. One important notation is that my wife will be about 12 weeks pregnant at the time of our trip. We can’t decide and need some help! Thanks in advance

Need advice on which my wife and I should try as we’ve never been to either. One important notation is that my wife will be about 12 weeks pregnant at the time of our trip. We can’t decide and need some help! Thanks in advance
The wave hands down. The food is great and it’s way easier to get to the wave than a restaurant at Disney springs.

Based on quality of food, Wave. Ragland Road food isn't bad and have eaten there many times and will do so in the future.

Ragland Road entertainment is a nice addition and fun to watch. If you are already planning on going to Disney Springs anyway, then transportation becomes a moot point in comparing restaurants

First I like Raglan Road as it has the best selection at WDW. Second is where you are going to be as this can influence the best option. Third 12 weeks is barely pregnant and shouldn't impact your choice. :) :)

At 12-wks pregnant, both may be a moot point depending on if or how bad "morning" sickness is. I was sick all day until about 20-weeks.

I love both, but I'd pick Ragland Road. The Wave probably does win on food quality, though we love Ragland Road as well. But for me, the Wave's atmosphere is just blah - as in there is none. Ragland Road is gorgeous and the entertainment is great fun.

All that being said, I'd just be aware of your wife's stamina at that point. I was blessed to not have a lot of morning sickness, but I was just worn out tired during my first trimester. I probably would have picked the simplest, easiest meal with an early bedtime :goodvibes .

Last edited:
I don't know where OP is staying, but it always seems to take forever to get from Disney Springs to the hotels in the Epcot Resorts area, particularly if you are taking a Disney bus. If OP's wife has morning sickness and isn't feeling well, she might be happier someplace where it will be faster to get back to the hotel.

Chalk me up at one of the people that would have been laughing my head off at the thought of my husband planning a sit down meal at ANY restaurant at 12 weeks because I was vomiting 10+ times a day and could barely keep down anything except dry saltine crackers, ginger candies and water.

One thing to consider is that pregnancy is a high risk condition for Covid, so for me, that would rule out Disney Springs, which is the "wild west" of mask wearing and distancing right now. But if your wife has been vaccinated or recently recovered from it (within 90 days) and that isn't a concern, I'd recommend raglan road because even if she is not up to eating anything, she can enjoy the music and dancing.

Just do her a kindness and don't order any food with a strong smell for yourself (e.g., fish entree).

I love Raglan but we cancelled our reservations due to wanting to avoid DS. However I also have read by some here that the place is a bit cramped still overall.

I was sleeping 20 hours a day by that point in pregnancy, so I wish you the best in actually going to WDW. :)

I would do both. If you MUST choose one, I'd hit the Wave. But I'd do both. Both are easy to cancel if she's just not feelin' it.

Don’t you have to avoid certain foods when pregnant?

Some countries say to avoid soft cheeses. If I could have dealt with cheese when pregnant I would have massively ignored that one. Some say to avoid sushi. I don't eat fish, so I enjoyed the heck out of my veggie sushi. But since Ragland and the Wave have big menus that allow you to avoid both of those things, either one is fine.

Someone mentioned covid...here's the CDC data on it. Tiny sample. And lots of "might affect" wording. AKA, they don't know. https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#pregnant-population

Congratulations!

Unless you are staying at Bay Lake / Contemporary, The Wave is not destination dining, but it is more subdued than Raglan Road (which can get a bit noisy from enjoyment).

Better shopping in Disney Springs than at Contemporary.

In a vacuum of 'between these two places' - convenience wins.

While the entertainment factor at Raglan Road is fun, we were much more impressed with the food at the Wave.

Honestly, I wouldn’t choose either, or anything at all at this point. At 12 weeks pregnant there’s no telling what’s going to sound good to eat. And it could change from day to day or hour to hour. I guess you could pick something now if you feel you need to make an ADR now instead of waiting. Then cancel if you need and do a last minute ADR somewhere else. And possibly she’ll feel great by that time. It’s really a crap shoot. My choice would be Ragland Road for food and atmosphere though.

Pick whichever one is opposite from what she wants. lol. I would always make plans for one thing and change my mind right before we were going. I'm 18 weeks now and luckily had no morning sickness, but did have a few food aversions for a few weeks, The thought of hot wings still makes me :scared: even now (and that's my favorite food ever).

In all honesty, make a plan, but be willing to completely change them constantly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter