• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The WDW Comeback: Before/After Game

mattpeto

#DisneyComebackIndex Creator
2020 has been awful for some many reasons. The real-life stuff is serious, but I won't even get into that. But it's also trickled down to our beloved WDW experience. The pandemic has so many things in limbo, but finally there is a light in the horizon.

If you ever gambled before, you are probably familiar with the Over/Under in a bet. I'd like to have a little prediction thread on when things will return. We'll use the terms Before/After instead.

Each Tuesday and Friday morning, I'll nominate something from WDW that we lost due to the pandemic and I'll provide a date in an effort to divide your opinions. It could also include projects that are delayed.

You can write-in Before/After and provide your feedback why. Discussions are absolutely welcome. If the answers are too lopsided, it might have to be nominated again. I'll summarize the results at the end of each nomination.

Certainty, if there is no interest in this thread, it will die.

First topic coming next post.

After - when modified park hopping returns.

Otherwise they will have to provide bus transportation from TTC to Epcot for those hopping from MK?
They would provide it at the MK bus stop which they already confirmed they will. Bus service between parks will return with park hopping.

Star off with an easy one? :) Considering 1/2/21 is only 18 days away, I doubt they are going to just turn it on over Christmas.
AFTER
They would provide it at the MK bus stop which they already confirmed they will. Bus service between parks will return with park hopping.

I will definitely share my opinion when this poll closes...

After. I predict it will be back, perhaps, in March/April once park hopping is back and crowds start to pick up for spring break.

Maybe by Spring Break, but this one is a softball. After. There will be little that isn't already announced coming back by 01/01/21. Disney is well aware of what kind of crowd they will have over the time period at this point. So if it isn't turned on now, and not announced to be turned on, it's highly unlikely to be turned on by then. If you really want to make this challenging, go 3/1/21 or 3/15/21.

After

I don't buy that park-hopping is why it is closed. Poly/BLT/GFV guests could use it to get to EPCOT, as could anyone just deciding to park @ TTC. Getting to EPCOT from BLT is a much bigger PITA than it should be right now. If it could be open, it would be.

After. I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts on the fireworks returning!

Also, we could really REALLY ruffle some feathers and do RunDisney Races 😬

Final Verdict:

Topic 1: The Epcot Monorail Loop

Will it return Before or After 1/2/2021?

The votes are in:

Before: 0
After: 13

Any effort to create balance with my date was a colossal failure.

My take:

With Park Hopping starting up on 1/1, I thought there was a remote chance the Epcot Monorail and Park Hopping would start simultaneously (where the BEFORE would have been the correct choice). Disney has confirmed that park to park transportation will resume on 1/1, so you never know. I'll take the community response as they only believe it will be buses out of the gate, but we shall see.

Topic 2 drops tomorrow morning.

Topic 2: When will Disney start selling new Annual Passes again?
Will it return Before or After 3/31/2021?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter