The What's For Dinner Thread - August '09(recipe index in OP)

He's very odd. He didn't even tell his Dad they were having another baby until 5 weeks ago. He was in complete baby denial. From what she told me someone must have talked to him between yesterday & today telling him he must go to the hospital.
She was so upset on the phone I said to her is it better if I don't come? I don't want you more upset than you are & she said it would be better, that she could really use the help after all the fanfare is over. She asked if I would come right after the holidays, he then walks into the laundry room & tells her he is going away the last week in Jan, fishing????WHAT?!

I'm rambling now...sorry

What a .... !! :mad:

He sounds a right heartless jerk.

Im sad for you sweetie ,I know you were lookin forward to seeing your friend and the baby but by the sounds of it your friend is going to need you after the birth.

:hug:

Hi everyone sorry I haven't been on for a couple days that is a nasty flu bug that knocked me out. I have a alot to read back and catch up on but just wanted to check in I'll be back later hope everyone is good. :flower3:

We love The Dark side,we spend 3 days there every trip.

Do you like coasters?

The Hulk is awesome,Dr Doom ( while not a coaster ) is awesome and the new Rip Rocket is...yes...you guessed...awesome.

Add in The Simpsons, Spiderman , Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-rat barges ( without doubt THE wettest ride in Orlando ) MIB...oh I could go on and on !!

For the price you are paying I would say go for it and I would be very surpised if you didnt have a ball.

But hey,thats just my tuppence worth...:rotfl2:

I'm not feeling well but YES do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are now up to about 16 people so we'll need to set up another table. I'm also starting to wonder if one turkey is enough, so my menu may be changing again.

Funny...I think we only have 5 adults and 2 kids, but we are cooking two turkeys.

If I had my way I would only buy for the little ones. That I like :thumbsup2

What is Kady asking for this year? Caili said she just wanted surprises, but when she heard that only Santa was bringing presents this year because we are going to Disney the week prior, she decided she needed a list. I guess she trusts me more than Santa. :laughing:

Ellen -- I'm sorry Jay is having trouble getting home. I don't know if you were here the last time Greg was deployed, but he couldn't get out of Iraq, which meant he missed his scheduled flight out of Kuwait and then they had to make an emergency landing in Iceland. It was a long haul. I hope Jay makes it home in time for Thanksgiving.

Caili must have had a good day, going to school in her skating outfit! :lovestruc Sweet!

She did have a good day, but both she and Liam were trying to explain the test to their friends and the friends were :confused3. It's kind of funny because they can't believe people don't know what pre-preliminary moves means. They are both telling their friends that the test involves stroking, a spiral sequence, inside and outside forward and backward edges, and a waltz eight. I'm sure you all get that. :rolleyes1

Yes, my Uncle waited last night to see the doc and planned to have a chat with him

I hope that helped and your granddad gets to go home.

I was in pre-Alpha level with my friend. At the end, we had to do a test to pass into Alpha level. My friend passed and I did not. Ms. Bacon said I did my cross overs too fast and I couldn't go on.

I don't really get the going too fast on the crossovers thing. Ms. Bacon could have missed out on a champion! ;) Those are the ISI levels -- Caili is Freestyle 1 ISI. The test today was USFSA, so she passed pre-preliminary moves. She needs her salchow and a change-foot one-foot spin to pass her pre-preliminary freestyle.

I'm not going at all!!!!!!!!!

Oh, Maria, I am sorry. :hug:

Now I love he still believes but Santa cant really just " stop off in Florida " to pick it up !!

Do you need something from Ambercrombie and Fitch? I would be happy to pick it up for you.

Hi everyone sorry I haven't been on for a couple days that is a nasty flu bug that knocked me out.

I hope you feel better soon!

I didn't take photos of Caili's test. She was nervous and so was I. It's not like a competition where you get a medal. She got a photocopied sheet with the judge's comments.

Have a great weekend everyone. I probably won't be on again until Sunday night.

Good Morning everone :flower3:

Oh Maria I'm sorry you had to cancel your trip. Couldn't you reschedule or get a refund on your plane ticket? Your friend could probably use your help after the birth the way you talk. I'm still praying for you both in the adoption area I know it's SOOOOO hard to understand why the world can be so cruel. :hug:

Laura- You tell that girl of yours alot of us Aunties are very proud of her she did GREAT! :cheer2:

Vicki- I sure hope you are sleeping better we all need our beauty sleep not good when we don't get it at least for me anyway :rotfl2:

Kathy- Hope your feeling better and the problems with Kyle come out for the good.

Ann- I really like Emma stocking. Now to fill them huh.

Aimee- I would get another ticket and go have fun. We have found out we usually regret not doing what ever we wanted to do and didn't do. Does that make any sence?

Lauren- Hope you have safe travels and have fun down there.

Nancy- How are you holding up through everything your family is going through? Are things getting any better? I'm praying they get better quickly.

Sorry if I missed anything still kind of foggy in the brain yet after the flu. I'm home alone this weekend Husband and boys went hunting. :grouphug: to everyone Have a great day everyone.

Lauri Glad you are starting to feel better :hug:

Maria Sorry you are not going on your trip. I do agree she IS going to need you after the birth. Have they been married long? It doesn't sound like this is going to last sorry:hug:

I need to get my grocery list made today. My friend is expecting 16 people and hopefully no more surprises.

I am hoping the cake I have in mind for her daughter meets her daughter expecations. When she was 3 or 4 I made a barbie cake for her, she still talks about that cake. I need to go out later and hunt down some decorations.

It's a rainy day here, I'm going to make a big pot of vegetable soup! It will be weird without my Sammie, she used to love it and would hang out in the kitchen with me all day until it was ready.:sad1:

Not sure if y'all remember but I've been saying "I'm battling a stomach virus" off and on for over four months now. Well I've been afraid to go to the Dr. because of our family history but for the past week I have been suffering terribly. We went out to dinner last night and I could hardly get anything down. I guess I'm calling my Dr. Monday.:sad1: Sorry to be such a downer......

Lauri Glad you are starting to feel better :hug:

Thanks so much Janice. We sure are having nice mild weather here in MI how about you being just south of me?

Not sure if y'all remember but I've been saying "I'm battling a stomach virus" off and on for over four months now. Well I've been afraid to go to the Dr. because of our family history but for the past week I have been suffering terribly. We went out to dinner last night and I could hardly get anything down. I guess I'm calling my Dr. Monday.:sad1: Sorry to be such a downer......

Girl you get to the DR. ASAP (sorry don't mean to sound harsh but I mean it!)

DS told my DM Santa is going to bring Emma "a babydoll, binky, & bib". I think he needs to bring some formula and diapers!:rotfl:

Oh I know how your feeling but it only gets worse the older they get. How would you like to help buy a car for 16 year old son o then the insurance for 2 teen age boys:scared1: I'll buy formula and diapers if you want to trade.:lmao:

Girl you get to the DR. ASAP (sorry don't mean to sound harsh but I mean it!)

Oh I know how your feeling but it only gets worse the older they get. How would you like to help buy a car for 16 year old son o then the insurance for 2 teen age boys:scared1: I'll buy formula and diapers if you want to trade.:lmao:

Kathy ,don't make us come there ...Please call Monday!

Thanks, but I prefer not to trade. The things I have to look forward to down the line! Insurance :scared1: me!

WFD- I am trying to make some space in my fridge too... grilled marinaded pork chops, fries and peas.

Aimee, I would definitely go to US/IOA, esp. if you have not been in a while. I LOVE the Mummy, Spider Man is pretty cool, Shrek is funny and the Terminator show is neat. Men In Black is like Buzz Lightyear amped up x100...I've been too chicken to ride the Hulk, but it's my coworker's favorite ride in FLA. Go and have fun!

Kathy, I am glad you are going to the doctor. Maybe you have an ulcer or something like that. I hope you feel better soon!

Here is a picture of John's dinner last night: slow roasted short rib, potatoes mashed with sour cream, chives, and bacon, and roasted carrots. I also made braised cabbage but I forgot to put it on the plate before taking a picture.

4121596591_06d2a45470.jpg

I had an omelet but did not take a picture. I probably won't be back on til late Sunday night, so someone please send me the link to the new thread if it gets opened!

Hi everyone sorry I haven't been on for a couple days that is a nasty flu bug that knocked me out. I have a alot to read back and catch up on but just wanted to check in I'll be back later hope everyone is good. :flower3:

I hope you start feeling better soon :hug:

It's a rainy day here, I'm going to make a big pot of vegetable soup! It will be weird without my Sammie, she used to love it and would hang out in the kitchen with me all day until it was ready.:sad1:

:hug: Sammie. i'm glad you're going to call your doctor on Monday. Hope you get some relief over the weekend. :hug:

Thanks for the thoughts on "the dark side." We went once, but it was 6 years ago or so, but we really liked it. I think we'll go ahead and buy that ticket. DH LOVES thrill rides and really misses that at WDW.

I think I'm going to make a spinach pie and dried cranberry bulgur - both new recipes from Nov's Cooking Light.

I'm so sorry.....
I wish I were close so I could go to the doctor with you for support. Please go & whatever it is we will all be here to support & love you.

Your all right about me going to Florida after everything calms down. I'm just concerned because she is so upset. I'm just praying he doesn't bail on her before Monday morning.

2pm & I'm on the coach in my pjs watching everything I put on the DVR, I have a wicked headache & just have no ambition to do the 100 things I could be doing around this house. Greg is upstairs doing a paper.
bbl, no idea about dinner.

LAdies, I had a chance to hat with Gretchen and she is doing okay. She wants you all to know that she reads but is a little blue right now so she is not really up to posting. Her Mom is on her way to Ca for the Holiday so she is relieved about that. She did say that Patrick has managed to be a source of entertainment for them all. Her Mom is in stitches whenever she is around him :thumbsup2

:hug: Please do not mess around, go to the DR!!!!!!!!!!

Your all right about me going to Florida after everything calms down. I'm just concerned because she is so upset. I'm just praying he doesn't bail on her before Monday morning.

I feel so badly for her!

Thanks for your concern earlier,truth be told I do think I fell asleep.

Oh dear, please try to see what the Dr can give you to help. This is serious :hug:

He's very odd.

He is not odd. Odd is naming the baby Apple. He is a jerk! This is a PG site to I would tell you what I am really calling him :mad:

Hi everyone sorry I haven't been on for a couple days that is a nasty flu bug that knocked me out.

Oh Sweetie, I hope you are feeling better!

I wanted to tell you that Timmy had issues coming home too. HE circled over India, I think for hours and hours and ended up stopping there for some reason. He made it but with some very strange looking suits :confused3

What is Kady asking for this year? Caili said she just wanted surprises, but when she heard that only Santa was bringing presents this year because we are going to Disney the week prior, she decided she needed a list. I guess she trusts me more than Santa. :laughing:

She has not asked for anything either. Maybe we should try the Santa list too :rotfl:

Nancy- How are you holding up through everything your family is going through? Are things getting any better? I'm praying they get better quickly.

I am fine, really. I do want to know how come I have spent that last how long cleaning and my house is upside down and needs to be cleaned :sad2:

I am still not sure what is for dinner.

What a strange day. I just got home from shopping. While at Target I found some gingebread pancake mix so we will be having breakfast for dinner.

I managed to get one load of wash done, washing the downstairs floors and vaccumed upstair. I feel so unmotivated. I still have tons to do.

Kathy No matter what go to the doctor. Worrying is often worse.

Nancy Thanks for letting us know about Gretchen. The first holidays are always the worst. :hug:

I am having a terrible time getting Alex to let me know what his wants for christmas. I did order a Ipod Nano for him. I hope he wants one:upsidedow

...this is what I made for dinner last night:

ANGRY MUSSELS

...First, I sauteed two chopped slices of red onion with a pat of butter, 3 cloves of chopped garlic, 2 chopped pblano pappers, and 4 slices (chopped) of smoked bacon. I added a stick of butter and 1/2 cup of white wine and threw in 3-1/2 lbs of cleaned mussels, stirring accasionally, until all the mussel shells opened. Then I served it steaming hot with crusty Italian bread!

EDIT:

I'll post this on the new thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter