The What's For Dinner Thread - August '09(recipe index in OP)

Just a heads up for anyone who may not be around over the weekend, I'm going to set up our new home tomorrow. I will place a link on this thread.:goodvibes

Hello my friends,

This will be a quick fly by as I am headed home. I FINALLY got my work all caught up and finished for next week. I am sorry I don't have time right now to read back but I will try to before we leave.

:sad1: So VERY very sad to say that Jay is still in Bagdad. His flights were cancelled yesterday, so we were hoping today would be the day, but nope they were canceled also. They are so disappointed. But I was skyping with him this afternoon and the good is, he is not out on any missions and maybe tomorrow will be the day. He is still hoping to be home for Thanksgiving. Please keep them in your prayers and good thoughts.

We are going to the Winery tonight with friends so dinner will be there. I will try to catch up with you all later. Be good!!

I'm feeling a little better, y'all stop worrying!! :goodvibes:grouphug:

I do have to tell y'all I'm a freakin walking disaster today! I cut my thumb slicing onions, scrape my heel closing the door on myself & I almost dropped a frozen roast on my foot! :upsidedow But I have the roast in the pot now & I've done a ton of decluttering. I was going to hang some paintings on the wall, but have decided it would be best to leave that until tomorrow!:laughing:

Nancy, I'm glad the dr said Marisa is doing well! But I know poor girl must be hurting a lot!:hug: I know you & Buddy must be worried too, but at least on Sunday you'll get to baby her.

Nan, You didn't mention doing Thanksgiving decorating?! I'm sure you must have done that, I know how you love it.

Ellen, I'm so sorry to hear that Jay is still in Bagdad! Lots of prayers will be said for him to get a flight out tomorrow.

Marilyn I wish you could come do my Christmas decorating! I'm a real Scrooge when it comes to putting up lights. Last year I really just gave up & only put up a lighted garland around the front door. That's probably all I'll do this year too.

Lauri I'm with you on the shopping, I hate it!! It's soo hard finding gifts that they'll love & not go broke!

Kat, What ya doing this weekend, that will keep you from posting? I'm sorry I can't help myself, I'm nosy!:rolleyes1 So I'm guessing you were hoping to do this NY trip soon, before Lauren moves to Pittsburgh?

I forgot..

Laura, Your dinner sounds scrumptious! Caili must have had a good day, going to school in her skating outfit! :lovestruc Sweet!

Sheryl - you've been a walking disaster woman!:laughing: I'm not doing anything this weekend, I said if anyone else is unable to post this weekend.

I have some cheese and other things left from the cheese plate I made last weekend, so I am going to let the kids have that. They love cheese plate suppers.

I love that your kids eat cheese plates. :goodvibes

If you know that this is why your Grandaddy is so sick have your Uncle advocate for him. It is possible to make them listen, they just need to know that you all are serious. Prayers going your way.

Marisa made it to the Dr this morning and said that everything looks good. SHe said that the poking and prodding really hurt a lot. When she called she was exhausted. I think that she will be fine at home today and tomorrow, Jeff is home and there is a bathroom downstairs. I do wish she was here, I am somewhat a control freak and feel like I have to take care of her but I know that is my thing. I cannot help it but they are used to me. Buddy is worse, he thinks if I don't something will go wrong.

Dinner is leftovers. I don;t feel like cooking.

Yes, my Uncle waited last night to see the doc and planned to have a chat with him :rolleyes1 Today we visited him with the two girls (which he LOVED seeing - we don't have many small kids in our family right now). He was doing very well and the nurse told me he may get released to go home tonight!

Poor Marisa. :hug:

:sad1: So VERY very sad to say that Jay is still in Bagdad. His flights were cancelled yesterday, so we were hoping today would be the day, but nope they were canceled also. They are so disappointed. But I was skyping with him this afternoon and the good is, he is not out on any missions and maybe tomorrow will be the day. He is still hoping to be home for Thanksgiving. Please keep them in your prayers and good thoughts.

Oh no. :sad1:

I do have to tell y'all I'm a freakin walking disaster today! I cut my thumb slicing onions, scrape my heel closing the door on myself & I almost dropped a frozen roast on my foot! :upsidedow But I have the roast in the pot now & I've done a ton of decluttering. I was going to hang some paintings on the wall, but have decided it would be best to leave that until tomorrow!:laughing:

Do I need to send you some bubble wrap to be wrapped in? :laughing:

We hit up Costco today and I bought a shrimp penne pasta they had in the prepared food section for dinner tonight. It looks soooooo yummy.

Sheryl, you need to be careful!!!!

I'm now flying out Sunday morning....UGH!
Florida is having last minute nerve issues so being Jet Blue cance
led my flight for today I called & begged to fly Sunday morning. It worked!

Dinner is store bought chicken & baked sweet potato fries...Just wasn't in the mood to cook.

bbl

Caili passed! :yay: Thanks again for sending her good luck. She skated very well. She was the first skater to test, which was good because she didn't have to stand around, but also bad because she kept looking at the judge like, "Is this right?" :confused3 She was really happy and relieved when she got her score sheet.

Yay! I took ice skating lessons for a few months when I was a kid - I think about age 8. I was in pre-Alpha level with my friend. At the end, we had to do a test to pass into Alpha level. My friend passed and I did not. Ms. Bacon said I did my cross overs too fast and I couldn't go on. So I quit ice skating lessons. I didn't want to do them with my friend, and clearly I wasn't good enough if I failed PRE-Alpha level! :lmao:

Well, Marisa is on her way to the Dr. The poor thing is so sick :sad2:. She does not do well in the back seat so combine that with stop and go to her house and it was not good. Jeff just took my car but I think she is in for a long ride. I heard that there is a lot of traffic and it is a bit of a ride to begin with. Erica helped her to shower last night and wash he hair. She got so lightheaded but said it was worth it!

Buddy does not want her to go home today, he is worried that it will be too much but she misses her own home. She will need to come back on Sunday morning becasue Jeff needs to work at 4 that day and sleeps during the day but I will go and get her before then if she needs me to.

Welby and Brian had decided not to find out but did bring their sealed envelop home. She tried peeking through the light, holding it up to the sun, considered steaming it open :rotfl: kind of like Laura Petrie did years ago on the Dick Van **** show :rotfl:

She tormented Brian and he kept telling her it was up to her but she wanted him to cave. Turns out she is a novice at peeking through sealed envelopes because she tucked it into his lunch pail and within seconds they had their girl :lmao: She thought that he would be disappointed because he wanted a son but he has been texting her the sweetest things about their two baby girls :cloud9: I know that he would have loved a boy but honestly he is totally enchanted by his little girl and had said that she needed a sister so that they could tell each other secrets and be best friends. Welby is the one who is terrified that she is going to have two little girls with her personality! :rolleyes1

I think he is going to be outnumbered though in a good way. He sure does love his girls!

I'm sorry to hear Marisa is having so much trouble. Congratulations to Welby on the girl!

Bethany/Sheryl - The NY trip started when my co-worker and I talked about going since neither of us have been there. Now she's backing out so I need a travel companion. I'm just dying to do a long weekend!

WFD - We're going to check out this supposedly really good spot for boiled crabs and shrimp that is almost in my back yard yet I never knew it was there!

Hmmmm....when is this that you're thinking about going? :rolleyes1 I think I might be ready to go back for a visit at some point.

Where is this place you speak of?

Hey,

As FBers will know I had a wee road accident this morning.

Sorry if I worried youse ,I guess my adrenaline was pumpimg because I dont remember posting about it.

I drove right into the back of someone.:confused3 I really dont know how but Im guessing my sleepless night may have some thing to do with it.

I am fine but the car took a bit of a dig.

Just a wee fright....

BBL...x

:hug: I am glad you're okay!
I saw on the news that part of the UK is flooding. It's not affecting you, is it?

Regarding Granddaddy. He's had diabetes for over 50 years and mainly stays between 200-300. The chart the hospital uses says that is too high and wants him close to 100. Anytime he gets close to 100 he drops and passes out. My uncle has told them that he just runs high and always has but they won't listen :confused3 They are trying to give him too much insulin to get him down and this is what happens. So at this point, they aren't keeping him for his heart but now for the bloodsugar. If they'd let him go home, he would maintain it just fine. And yes, we all know running that high could damage some of his organs but passing out everyday does worst damage and besides, he's 85! Maintaining his organs longterm is just not an issue right now. Keeping his quality of life up is.

Keep fighting for him! I hope they get it all figured out and he can go home.

Bethany- Enjoy your parking spot, I'm sure you'll get another chance to park there! What a change from you school last year, I hope your really enjoying it.

Thanks, and to everyone else too. :goodvibes I hope I get another chance to park there! They are actually going to move the parking lot to expand the school at some point. The current time line has this project beginning during this school year, but we all know how those time lines can go. :upsidedow

And YES, it is a change! I am enjoying it! :goodvibes

Hey Y'all,

I'm doing okay today just aching a bit. I don't have time to feel bad too much to get done. It makes me mad that such a little thing makes me hurt. I didn't even actually fall down, just straining to keep from hitting the floor hurt, mad:. Thanks for the concern but y'all don't worry, I'll be fine by tomorrow I'm sure!

I hope you do feel better tomorrow!

:hug: I hope he can get home for Thanksgiving!

I decided last minute to call and see if I could get my haircut. They had an opening. I picked up dinner on the way home. :thumbsup2

Sheryl you sound like me! Be careful housework is dangerous;)

Yeah for Caili :cheer2::cheer2:

Nancy i m glad Marisa is doing well

Ellen Sorry Jay is stuck. I hope he is able to get out soon.

:cheer2: Way to Go Caili!!!!:cheer2:

I just did some Christmas shopping online at the Disney Store. It was so much fun and only cost me $7 because I could use my Reward points and had a 15% off promo code!!:woohoo:

Look at the cute Christmas stocking I got Emma!
http://www.disneystore.com/disney/s...logFromSearch=10002&catalogId=10002&langId=-1

Do you like this tray? I ordered it for DB & SIL (Emma's Godparents). They are huge Disney freaks and camp at FW a couple of times a year.
http://www.disneystore.com/disney/s...logFromSearch=10002&catalogId=10002&langId=-1

What so you are cancelling your trip completely??? Are you okay with the "Dad"? Sounds like maybe not.

He is what he is......
He just decided today that he would go to the hospital & now he just thinks it's better if I come later on.
SO I will go in Jan.......

I'm not going at all!!!!!!!!! Now all of a sudden "Dad" will go to the hospital.

You have got to be kidding :mad: You know I have a lot to say about his my dear friend!

Just a heads up for anyone who may not be around over the weekend, I'm going to set up our new home tomorrow. I will place a link on this thread.:goodvibes
:thumbsup2

:sad1: So VERY very sad to say that Jay is still in Bagdad.

:sad2: Adding prayers that Jay is home for Thanksgiving day!

I'm feeling a little better, y'all stop worrying!! :goodvibes:grouphug:

I do have to tell y'all I'm a freakin walking disaster today!

Nan, You didn't mention doing Thanksgiving decorating?! I'm sure you must have done that, I know how you love it.

You may be feeling better but from the sound of the day you had....worrying is in order ;)

I did my Fall decorating as soon as school started. I want to change my table cloth, I have a nice cutwork lacey thing that has the Thanksgiving meal on it. I save it for Thanksgiving Day and God help anyone (Buddy) who uses it to put a plate on before then :eek: I am thinking of decorating the front porch for Christmas this weekend. It is starting to get cold and I hate trying to put my garland up with icicles dripping down my fingers :scared: I do not rush the Holiday though so I am still up in the air. We will see how I fell tomorrow. I may move my Christmas dishes in Sunday though.

You have got to be kidding :mad: You know I have a lot to say about his my dear friend!

Everything we have discussed on the phone about him is so proving to be true. It breaks my heart that I won't be there for her & her Mom who leans on me.
Even today he decided the name they picked had to be thrown out the window:confused3
Greg had a fit that I spent $500 on airfare & it's non-refundable:headache:. That's what happens when you travel on a holiday weekend.

I'm not going at all!!!!!!!!! Now all of a sudden "Dad" will go to the hospital.

I'm sorry :hug:

I just did some Christmas shopping online at the Disney Store. It was so much fun and only cost me $7 because I could use my Reward points and had a 15% off promo code!!:woohoo:

Do you like this tray? I ordered it for DB & SIL (Emma's Godparents). They are huge Disney freaks and camp at FW a couple of times a year.

I like them both! :thumbsup2

Okay, friends. Original plan was to do a few days at US/IOA while in FL. I got one of the free 7 day park passes earlier in the year so we'd just buy DH one. It'd be $99. We are undecided... we think we can "amuse" ourselves at WDW but I already got this free ticket so it seems crazy to not go :confused3 For $99 would you buy it and spend a few days there?

If you figure out any good Santa ideas for your daughter, let me know. Caili just said she wants to be surprised. :confused3

Thanks for all the congrats for Caili too! I am sure she is going to be in a good mood when she gets off the bus. She had to go to school in her skating outfit, so I am sure she got a lot of attention there.

All The Boy has asked for is Xbox Live...:confused3 and the Abercrombie & Fitch cologne he tried on vacation.

Now I love he still believes but Santa cant really just " stop off in Florida " to pick it up !!

Wee yins...dont ye just love em !! :love: :rolleyes:

And we need pic's of Caili.:)

I do have to tell y'all I'm a freakin walking disaster today! I was going to hang some paintings on the wall, but have decided it would be best to leave that until tomorrow!:laughing:

STEP AWAY FROM THE HAMMER !!

No surprise you and I have had " a day " ,sleep seems to be a wee bit more important than I thought !! :laughing:

:hug: I am glad you're okay!
I saw on the news that part of the UK is flooding. It's not affecting you, is it?

Its mostly Wales and middle England.

Some places in Scotland are effected but not where we are.

I live on the east coast and I think the country slopes that way !! :laughing:

What...you whole trip has been cancelled.

Have I missed a story here Maria ?

Love Emma's stocking and the tray is just lovely,not that I would have a use for it.....it would kinda loose its look filled with P, B & J'S !!

Thanks for your concern earlier,truth be told I do think I fell asleep.

I havent told Colin that because he would go ape and demand I go to the doctor ( he would also confiscate my car key's ) but Im not big on sleeping pills.

I will see how I go over the weekend,but considering its now 2 am and I can not sleep its not looking good.

What...you whole trip has been cancelled.
Have I missed a story here Maria ?

He's very odd. He didn't even tell his Dad they were having another baby until 5 weeks ago. He was in complete baby denial. From what she told me someone must have talked to him between yesterday & today telling him he must go to the hospital.
She was so upset on the phone I said to her is it better if I don't come? I don't want you more upset than you are & she said it would be better, that she could really use the help after all the fanfare is over. She asked if I would come right after the holidays, he then walks into the laundry room & tells her he is going away the last week in Jan, fishing????WHAT?!

I'm rambling now...sorry

Okay, friends. Original plan was to do a few days at US/IOA while in FL. I got one of the free 7 day park passes earlier in the year so we'd just buy DH one. It'd be $99. We are undecided... we think we can "amuse" ourselves at WDW but I already got this free ticket so it seems crazy to not go :confused3 For $99 would you buy it and spend a few days there?

We love The Dark side,we spend 3 days there every trip.

Do you like coasters?

The Hulk is awesome,Dr Doom ( while not a coaster ) is awesome and the new Rip Rocket is...yes...you guessed...awesome.

Add in The Simpsons, Spiderman , Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-rat barges ( without doubt THE wettest ride in Orlando ) MIB...oh I could go on and on !!

For the price you are paying I would say go for it and I would be very surpised if you didnt have a ball.

But hey,thats just my tuppence worth...:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter