The What's for Dinner Thread - August 2014 (recipe index in OP)

Good Thursday morning Ladies! I am so sorry I have not been keeping up. I tend to read but that is it lately.

PIO- I cannot get used to the cold weather opposite of our Summer that you experience. I have not really been doing too much cooking, I am cooked out from the weekend, and my nieces Jack and Jill. It was fun, but now I need to turn my attention over to Deb's wedding wine that she is using for her welcome gifts. The weddings are the week of the 10th, which is my quarter end at work. I am muscling my clients to get payroll in EARLY and plan to work on the Sunday to get my checks printed and packaged up. I just went full time at work so hopefully that will make things a little smoother.

I am going to check in and out, but I am not sure I will be able to post much until I am all caught up.

Have a safe and Happy rest of the week, and if you celebrate early, stay safe!

Thursday evening and it's freezing here. Well......cold by my standard. It's 50 F right now and we're heading a low somewhere in the 40's tonight. It's also raining. That kind of miserable drizzle (aka mizzle) that only Melbourne knows how to do. So, cold and wet. And whilst there is supposed to be sunshine patches this weekend, our temperature is going to be high of 50's and lows in the 30's. That's cold by Melbourne standards.

Did I mention I was cold? :rotfl2:....
...you may have....

That sounds cold to me PIO!

Nancy, you definitely sound busy!

We have been sort of busy, the new little one is taking some time. We have been slowly introducing her to the other kids. Lots of hissing and such, but it's going OK. We have a baby gate on her wing, and while everyone can jump over it if they want it seems to work. Milo has gone into her room, and the two of them get along OK. She comes out into the rest of the house and when it gets to hissy or too much tension she goes back into her room by hopping the gate. At night we close the door back up again.

Last night we had Turkey a la King. Tonight will be Steak Fajitas.

.....I'm thinking that it is a little bit too warm here to cook something like that...I think I'll wait for a rainy day....then I can let you know how it comes out! :thumbsup2

.....I'm thinking that it is a little bit too warm here to cook something like that...I think I'll wait for a rainy day....then I can let you know how it comes out! :thumbsup2

If I did that we'd be eating salad 3/4 of the year! :laughing: Looking forward the hearing how it comes out!

Good Sunday Evening! I am getting caught up I think I had some incentive: Buddy has cousins in from Arkansas and they may be here tonight. Holy CLEANING! Bud thought I was nuts, the house was fine. Um....no. I give up in the kitchen though, I have two carboys on the counter and about 100 bottles waiting to be filled.

So dinner was at a seafood spot with hit family last night. It was delicious, and awesome to be around his cousins. Tonight I have ribeye steak, marinated chicken, corn on the cob, haricots verts and sautéed mushrooms and onions, along with a green salad. I have no idea if they can get here, but JIC I need food. I also have a fruit tart and lemon bites, courtesy of Costco. If they end up not making it, we will be eating well! LOL!

PIO- Im sorry you're cold!

Alison- I love salad when it is hot. WIth chicken! WE had that the other night when we stopped for dinner after checking the field for hail. Yum! I am enjoying the kitty stories. I miss my babies :(

It is so hot here we are having sandwiches. I thought I would jump on here for inspiration! I offered to make tacos but no takers.

I noticed that I didn't check in here yesterday, or the day before.

Friday night we had artichokes for dinner, they were on sale 2 for $4. I just had my artichoke, Fran ate the leftover Turkey a la King. I also made Banana Bread a few nights ago, so we had slices of that for dessert.

Last night we had Sloppy Joes, I use a recipe from the Pioneer Woman that I noticed was printed 7 years ago! :rotfl: We had Cole Slaw and Tater Tots with it.

Tonight we're going to have Pork Chops and Stuffing with Zucchini Boats.

If I don't get in here tomorrow, dinner is Bangers and Mash with steamed cabbage. I don't do mushy peas.

It is so hot here we are having sandwiches. I thought I would jump on here for inspiration! I offered to make tacos but no takers.

My husband would love to eat at your house! He turns everything into a sandwich.

I have been grilling chicken to have onhand for salads. I am trying to eat healthier, and I am not failing miserably.

I plan to make a pasta dish after wedding week is over. It is a play on a Bertuccis cold pasta I had years ago.

Start with a rotisserie chicken to keep things easy.
Dice fresh tomatoes or use a good canned brand as well as a nice sun dried tomato in oil, and heat with garlic and some salt and pepper and italian seasoning if you like. I slice the sun dried tomatoes because I don't like large pieces
Chiffonade fresh basil
I cook gemelli pasta al dente, drain and add it to the sauce. It should not be a "tomato" sauce but have the consistency of a garlic and olive oil sauce with tomatoes, basil and chicken.

I add just enough olive oil to how I like it. You just need to to add what you like.

This dish was served as a cold pasta dish with warm chicken. I tend to serve it as a warm dish because my husband would use it like a side if it was cold.

Afternoon everyone. Life here is getting crazy but I think I might be getting back to normal.

Hope everyone is good and healthy and ready for Summer except PIO who is getting ready for winter!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter