The What's for Dinner Thread - August 2014 (recipe index in OP)

....WFDT? Barbequed ribs, salad [from the garden], and corn.....what was for dinner last night? Chicken piccata....

Nice to see this thead active again!

I had a busy weekend with a DIS friend as a house guest and the two of us hung out with another DIS friend who now lives local to me, so Monday was the first night in a while that I cooked. Even then I just thawed a packet of frozen meat sauce and served it with spaghetti and frozen garlic bread.

Last night was drive through since we had band. Tonight I'm making steaks on the grill, Baked potatoes, and sauteed spinach.

Nice to see this thead active again!

I had a busy weekend with a DIS friend as a house guest and the two of us hung out with another DIS friend who now lives local to me, so Monday was the first night in a while that I cooked. Even then I just thawed a packet of frozen meat sauce and served it with spaghetti and frozen garlic bread.

Last night was drive through since we had band. Tonight I'm making steaks on the grill, Baked potatoes, and sauteed spinach.

I am friends with your local DIS friend on FB and instagram and I am loving following along on their new life. I am especially jealous because we want to move from here to somewhere warm lol. We had steaks on Monday since it was my dh's birthday and that is what he wanted for his birthday meal.

WFDT - Crock pot turkey loin, potatoes and carrots with a side of riced cauliflower for me.
Yesterday - was homemade sloppy joe's.. (I use the taste of home recipe.. YUM)

I am friends with your local DIS friend on FB and instagram and I am loving following along on their new life. I am especially jealous because we want to move from here to somewhere warm lol. We had steaks on Monday since it was my dh's birthday and that is what he wanted for his birthday meal.

What a small world! She is a hoot! We always have a great time together. It's fun having a friend in town to hang out with. All my other friends are too busy to do fun stuff.

WFDT - Crock pot turkey loin, potatoes and carrots with a side of riced cauliflower for me.
Yesterday - was homemade sloppy joe's.. (I use the taste of home recipe.. YUM)

I'll have to look up that recipe. I use the Pioneer Woman's recipe for sloppy Joes. I've been wondering what to have on Saturday night. I think that might fit the bill!

WFDT? Artichokes, they are big enough to make a meal of themselves but Fran likes some meat so she will have smokey links and I'll eat the last of the spaghetti and meat sauce.

What a small world! She is a hoot! We always have a great time together. It's fun having a friend in town to hang out with. All my other friends are too busy to do fun stuff.

I first"met" her way back when she wrote her first tr. You guys always look like you are having a lot of fun. I hope someday I get to meet all of you.

I use that same recipe. WFDT? I have no idea.

I'll have to look up that recipe. I use the Pioneer Woman's recipe for sloppy Joes. I've been wondering what to have on Saturday night. I think that might fit the bill!

We like it because its sweet and tangy vs. smoky or BBQ like .. here is the exact recipe.
https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/sloppy-joes-sandwiches

WFDT - Digorno's 3 meat pan pizza - first time trying the pan pizza , it comes with it's own rectangle pan so we shall see how we like vs. the normal round one.. Happy Friday Enjoy your weekend.. those in the path of Irma, be safe!!! Michelle

Hi there!!!

Last week was Buddy's last week at work, yes....he "quit with pay" AKA "retired"

He hates it already! Anyway, I had a small party at home for him with all his favorites, hot dogs, burgers, mac salad, sauerkraut...so we have been eating leftovers all week long.

Tonight I am going to my DDIL for her Norwex party. No idea what food will be there. I am up in the air if I can get home first, our young sailor is coming home to rest today, and the center will be lined with people paying respect. Our town is so sad. WE have no idea how to help this family other than just being there.

@Nancyg56 sending a prayer for the family and people in your town, sometimes it's the just being there that is all the help they need. Hugs..

@Nancyg56 sending a prayer for the family and people in your town, sometimes it's the just being there that is all the help they need. Hugs..

Thank you. This poor family has been waiting in solitude, asking for privacy. I cannot imagine their pain. They are somehow balancing their private grief and allowing people who they do not know and have never met grieve as well. I just don't know how they are surviving this.

We like it because its sweet and tangy vs. smoky or BBQ like .. here is the exact recipe.
https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/sloppy-joes-sandwiches

Thanks for the recipe. I looked at the site when you mentioned it and they had like 10 different recipes for sloppy joes. I like the pioneer woman's recipe because it uses chopped green pepper and chopped onion as well as fresh garlic. There are a lot of similar ingredients. We are having sloppy joes with tater tots and homemade Cole slaw for dinner tonight.

WFDT? RESERVATIONS!! I'm not cooking on my 34th anniversary....:snooty:

Congratulations Kim! You just reminded me that my 9th wedding anniversary is in 10 days. We are more likely to celebrate the Anniversary we celebrated for 11 years while we never thought we'd have the right to marry, but that would be a good excuse to get a dinner out! I'm going to modify my dinner schedule!

WFDT? RESERVATIONS!! I'm not cooking on my 34th anniversary....:snooty:

Thanks for the recipe. I looked at the site when you mentioned it and they had like 10 different recipes for sloppy joes. I like the pioneer woman's recipe because it uses chopped green pepper and chopped onion as well as fresh garlic. There are a lot of similar ingredients. We are having sloppy joes with tater tots and homemade Cole slaw for dinner tonight.

Congratulations Kim! You just reminded me that my 9th wedding anniversary is in 10 days. We are more likely to celebrate the Anniversary we celebrated for 11 years while we never thought we'd have the right to marry, but that would be a good excuse to get a dinner out! I'm going to modify my dinner schedule!

my 11th anniversary is in 21 days.

Happy Anniversary Kim

Whooo Happy Anniversary to all you lovebirds!!! (my 9th isn't till the end of Nov when we are in Disney celebrating at O'hana!)

Sun was a skillet meal - Dijon steak with rice, sweet potato and cranberries. it was ok - not great but not bad.
Mon was Barber Chicken (Apple & Brie for me and loaded Potato for Hubs) HM Mac & Cheese and fresh peas
Tues was leftovers - turkey stuffing cranberry sandwich for me and pot roast potatoes and carrots for hubs
Tonight is one pan herbed chicken and asparagus that I saw on facebook (adding Brussels and green beans too) with Pasta Roni Garlic and Olive Oil
Thurs steak stirfy with egg rolls and rice
Fri always pizza night - 3 meat Sicilian for the Hubs and BBQ chicken thin crust for me (we cook half this time and will have the other half next time)
Saturday night Date night

Happy Wednesday all :) Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter