The What's For Dinner Thread - March '11 (recipe index in OP)

I didn't know caffeine helped migraines. When I have a headache, caffeine does not help! I hope you get a good rest.

It doesn't help every kind of headache. Just migraines, and even that is not guaranteed. Excedrin actually has caffeine in it.

2s8kbwj.jpg

:scared1: :lmao: Bwahahaha! :rotfl2:

I am so excited for tonight. Stephanie and I are going to go see "Riverdance". We saw it years ago with my Momma in Omaha at the Orphiam Theater. That was a great time! Stephanie was given these tickets (they have been sold out for weeks) 4th row center. WooHoo!!! I am going in early and we are going to have a nice dinner before. Oh I just can't wait - we will have so much fun.

Oh, I hope you have as much fun as you were anticipating! Sounds like a nice night!

I did not love it. I liked the swiss chard, the leeks, and the eggs, but thought the potatoes made the dish too heavy. I have been on a bit of an anti-potato kick lately, so it might have just been me.

Ellen, have fun at Riverdance! I love that show. The first time I saw it, when the guy in NYC bounces off the wall I was so amazed that I screamed in the middle of the theater!! It was really embarassing. :laughing:

What is "anti-potato kick"? :confused3 I never thought that could exist. :laughing:

:laughing: You screamed?! LOL!

Ellen- Have a great time! Riverdance brings back memories, I had a big old german shepherd who would bark and growl on command whenever anyone said Michael Flately. The dog was such a big baby, it was the only time he would growl. That reminds me, how is Cooper doing?

:rotfl: Dogs are hilarious!

Yes keeping the cabinets as replacing them really pushes the project into a whole different money level. I was a bit worried because they are apx. 20 years old but now that the carpenter shored them all up they feel much more solid. They are having some stain made up to match and we will touch up the nicks and new trim pieces and I think they will do just fine.

I had to drag my family to Riverdance a few years ago, and they all ended up loving it! We had very close seats too and I think that really ads to the experience. We saw it at the Fox Theater in Detroit which is amazingly restored. You may know it as the theater that Eminem walked into and the choir was on the stage in the Crysler Superbowl ad "This is the Motor City, and this is what we do" (Obviously I love that ad, my DH works for one of the big 3 in Detroit).

I think your cabinets look great! I think a new stain and hardware on the knobs will really give them a whole new look. I think their "bones" still appear solid.

I love that commercial. It was my favorite during the Superbowl. I am not too familiar with Detroit, but I have lived in The Bronx and New Orleans, so I do know what it's like to live in a city that has a reputation of violence and blight that does not tell the whole story of the people who live there, what life is like, or the direction the city is headed. Here's the link to the full-length version if you haven't seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKL254Y_jtc I like the narration that goes with the images too.

I also like the Capital One Venture Card commercial when they are in New Orleans. The singing goat makes me giggle every time. For some reason it reminds me of Disney. Splash Mountain, maybe? :lmao: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhhJphnPKWs The bead flinging is funny too.

Robin – I learned the same way you did to try and stay on top of the allergies and started Kyle on his meds early. This year, however, nothing is working on the poor kid. Hoping your girl gets better every day.:hug:

I'm glad things are back to normal.

I am battling with allergies also. My car is yellow from pollen.

Sorry that I went missing again. I only thought I was over the funk. I also started physical therapy again & am frustrated because it has caused my neck pain to really flare up. ( I've talk to the PT twice & they said it's normal & to be expected.) Still frustrating.

Kat, Lauri, Bethany, I will do my best to join y'all this weekend!:goodvibes

Dinner tonight is leftover redbeans & rice from last night. ( Yes Bethany I do realize that yesterday was Tuesday! ;):laughing:)

:hug: I hope you feel better soon! And I hope you can make it for lunch.

Ooooh...I have been "off" all week for some reason. I kept thinking that today was Thursday. Now you're messing around with the red beans! :laughing:

Kathy -- Good thing your hubby is returning to work. I don't think you could add more gold paint. :laughing: Seriously, though, I am glad you can get back to your normal schedule.

Dinner tonight was the turkey burgers Becky posted last week. Caili loved them. Liam had his tooth start bleeding and then pop out on to the table. That somewhat lessened both his and my enjoyment of dinner.

I think she would just add a black fleur de lis to go with the gold and a nice big GEAUX SAINTS! on the arms like a tattoo.

Ack on the tooth! That makes for an interesting dinner! :eek:

I am so excited for tonight. Stephanie and I are going to go see "Riverdance". We saw it years ago with my Momma in Omaha at the Orphiam Theater. That was a great time! Stephanie was given these tickets (they have been sold out for weeks) 4th row center. WooHoo!!! I am going in early and we are going to have a nice dinner before. Oh I just can't wait - we will have so much fun.

Oh, I'd love to see that! Hope you had a great evening!!

Things are back to normal here, Johnny went to work!:worship:

:cool1:

Hey y'all,

Sorry that I went missing again. I only thought I was over the funk. I also started physical therapy again & am frustrated because it has caused my neck pain to really flare up. ( I've talk to the PT twice & they said it's normal & to be expected.) Still frustrating.

So glad you popped in!! I'm really sorry the therapy seems to be one step forward and two steps back. At least you know it's normal :confused3

Dinner tonight was the turkey burgers Becky posted last week. Caili loved them. Liam had his tooth start bleeding and then pop out on to the table. That somewhat lessened both his and my enjoyment of dinner.

:rotfl: I can just imagine!

My new dining table arrived tonight,I looooove it.
I am going to make Dinner ( stop laughing) tomorrow before it turns into my office/laundry.

Pictures?

I posted a pic of the oven on FB last night - it got here SO fast! I ordered it Sunday and it was ready on Tuesday. So, thankfully I bribed my dad with dinner if he would help us get it here and installed. I wasn't about to spend what they were asking for delivery and installation! Haven't been able to try it out yet but it sure is pretty :lovestruc

Saw the doc this morning and I have bronchitis, which explains why I feel like crap! Super busy day, haven't gotten my RX filled yet but I'm scaling back on my plans tomorrow (skipping an out of town meeting) so I can survive until the weekend. Today's 12+ hour day (with no lunch or dinner break) did me in. If I feel too bad tomorrow, I can work remotely I think.

I don't know why I bothered grocery shopping; I have to work late again tomorrow night and we already have dinner plans for Fri and (possibly) Sat.

My new dining table arrived tonight,I looooove it.
I am going to make Dinner ( stop laughing) tomorrow before it turns into my office/laundry.

Ok, I want pictures! I want pictures of the table, AND the dinner!!!

How I wish I could get some new furniture!!!

She looks like she's dipped in bronze. :scared1:

The poor kid :hug: I am glad that the second day went better but still....poor kid.

When she came up afterwards she told me she didn't feel good and later told us she didn't care which we knew wasn't true.

Went to the boys school for a fundraiser dinner for the lacrosse team. My middle godson is playing. It was good, lasagna, salad, roll and dessert, but it really wasn't much. Came home and had some chicken too.

That is after we went shopping for our trip this weekend in the really wicked rain. :eek: It absolutely poured on the way to the store and there was a lot of lightening.

Sheryl – I’m glad to see you back but sorry about the pain. I can imagine how frustrating it is. Can’t wait to see you on Saturday and hopefully Sunday too!:hug:

Glynis – Hoping Timmy is feeling better today and you can get some rest.:hug:

Vickie – I want pics of the table and dinner too!!!!!!! I loved the video!

Aimee – Sorry to hear you have bronchitis. Please take care of yourself and try to take it easy...if you can.:hug:

Marilyn – I hope your weather has calmed down today.

WFD – Beef Stroganoff, egg noodles and sautéed spinach.

Kyle and the team leave for CA this morning, he's so excited!

Glynis, I hope Timothy is feeling better today!
Sheryl, I am sorry you are having such neck pain. I hope it lessens soon.
Vickie, show us your new table!
Aimee, sorry about the bronchitis dx. Hope you feel better soon. I am suseptible to getting bronchitis, and it is a real PITA.

I did not end up making the tart last night. John's throat was really sore and he just wanted something soft and comforting, so I made pasta with red sauce. No pics.

WFD: pioneer woman's quiche, and salad.

PS: please see my facebook if you have not already done so. Thanks.

:cheer2: Good Luck Kyle - knock 'em dead and strike them OUT :cheer2:

Glynis ~ I sure hope Timmy is better this morning.

Laura ~ :upsidedow about your dinner but good for Liam losing his tooth

Aimee ~ your stove is BEAUTIFUL!!! Sure hope you start feeling better kiddo.

Sheryl ~ so glad to see you back but so sorry you are having neck pain again. I just don't understand how something that is suppose to help can hurt so bad. That is why I don't exercise any more than I have to. :rotfl2:

Vickie ~ I would love to see a picture of your new table. And dinner . . . well I will believe it when I see it. You go girl!!!

Becky ~ sure hope John is feeling better and thinking all of the work is worth it.

OH GIRLS!!! What a wonderful time we had. Riverdance was superb!! I was on the edge of my seat most of the night. Stephanie and I decided to go for a glass of wine afterwards. When we got to the car we realized it was 10:15 so we decided not to as I still had a 45 minute drive home. The show lasted 3 hours!!! Even so, when it was over I wanted it to continue. It was so good and we had ball.

WFDT ~ Loaded Baked Potato Soup with garlic bread sticks.

Make it a great day my friends.

I love y'all! :grouphug: It's makes my heart swell that all of you care so much about how I'm doing! :goodvibes

Several of you asked about Angelina. Thanks!:)
The pain has stopped & our baby boy is coming along very well!:yay: Unfortunately she has also picked up a bad cold/sinus thing. She's feeling really bad today, but still working because several of her employees also have it. Luckily since she is now 35 wks, the dr gave her a z-pack. I really hope it helps her feel better.

vicb, I forgot to say yesterday that I'm enjoying the renovation pics! I agree your cabinets are great, can't wait to see more pics!

Glynis, I hope Timmy is feeling better today!\

Becky, Sorry that John is still fighting the dental pain.

Vickie, I agree, cook & serve dinner before the table is covered with everything else in the house! Bob says that I have "issues with flat surfaces, that I don't like to see them!" Uh, yeah he's a funny guy.:rolleyes1 Gotta go check out the boy's video!

Aimee, Ugh a 12 hr day with bronchitis!:hug: Get your meds & some rest soon!

Kat, I hope Kyle has a great time in CA!

Laura, Nothing much more appetizing than bloody teeth falling out at the dining room table!;)

Dinner, I'm in the mood for a spicy asian noodle dish. We'll see what happens.

:cheer2: Good Luck Kyle - knock 'em dead and strike them OUT :cheer2:

what she said.....

Vickie ~ I would love to see a picture of your new table. And dinner . . . well I will believe it when I see it. You go girl!!!

Cheeky.....:)

Glad you had fun at Riverdance,I have never been to see it but my mum and sister go when ever they perform in Edinburgh.

Marilyn – I hope your weather has calmed down today.

Much calmer, just dreary with occasional rain.

Not sure what I am doing for dinner tonight. Going to the gym after work then I have a few errands for the trip. I might make the time to drop off the precription I got last Friday since I am completely out of the med and have been using OTC. :rolleyes:

Once I'm home I have to finish a quilt and try and pack some.

Kyle and the team leave for CA this morning, he's so excited!

:cool1: How long are they gone?

Vicki - gorgeous table!!!

I am staying home and going in later, since I have a late meeting and was planning to be out of the office anyways. Since my kale was going to go bad over the weekend if I didn't get to it, I went ahead and made dinner - Spaghetti with Anchovies and Kale from Rachael Ray. I just stuck it in the fridge for DH to eat later. Tasted good :thumbsup2

Vickie- Love the table!

Sheryl- Glad to hear everything is going so well with the little guy! Is Alexis getting reallly excited?

Ellen- Glad you had such a good time. I can hardly remember the last time I was up at 10:15, let alone out that late.

Kathy- Hope Kyle had a great time! How is liking his new school?

Bethany- I HATE pollen! We call it yellow season and it happens just as soon as it's nice enough to open the windows. It's so windy where I live that is just blows right through the screens so we have to keep everything shut. It's awful, it comes in the vents of my car. I'm jealous you'll be done with it soon.

Laura- Glad Caili at least was able to enjoy her dinner!

Well I'm hoping this morning was the last time I have to brush snow off the car for a long, long time! I have to drive my daughter to school on Thursdays and I also pick up a friend of hers, it was so funny to hear them talking about the snow- even the kids are sick of it!

Baked ziti and salad for dinner, have a great day all!

Afternoon, all! Timothy is much better today! Whatever bug hit him, it hit hard, and then left fast! So far, no one else seems to have picked it up! Fingers crossed and knock on wood!

Vickie - Love the table!!! I really do!!!

Sheryl - I'm so glad that Angelina is feeling ok. Minus the sinus gunk, of course! That baby will be here before you know it! Now we just have to work on getting you feeling better!

Aimee - I'm glad you took at least part of the day off. You work so hard!

Kathy - I hope Kyle and the team enjoy CA. What part are they going to?

Dinner tonight is at my SIL's house. We are finally going to meet my MIL's husband's daughter and her family. I guess that means he's going to stick around. We don't usually get this far with her husbands and their families, so this is a good sign. We are having a pot luck dinner.

I'm making PW's sour cream noodle bake, and a crockpot chocolate pudding cake. I hope they both turn out as good as I want them to. It's a nasty day outside, and I want comfort food!

Thanks for all the words of encouragement for Kyle and the Privateers! They arrived safely in Oakland a few minutes ago and it’s storming. The forecast for the next few days doesn’t look promising. They will arrive back home Monday afternoon and then they leave for San Diego next Thursday.:upsidedow

Ellen – Sounds like you had an awesome night last night!!

Sheryl – Glad to hear Angelina is coming along OK but sorry to hear she’s feeling so bad today. Prayers continue!!! That Bob is too funny… :rotfl2:

Vickie – Your table is beautiful!!!

Glynis – Glad to hear Timmy is feeling better, fingers crossed no one else gets it.

Vickie I like the table. Are the chairs new also, those are really nice.

Kathy I am sorry the weather looks so crappy for Kyle. Glad Johnny is feeling better.

Glynis Sick babies are no fun. Glad he is doing better and really glad that no one else decided to join him.

WFD is tacos. I need something easy. This cold is leaving me with no energy.

Aimee I hope you get some rest.:hug:

Vickie I like the table. Are the chairs new also, those are really nice.

Yes they are....and I :love: them and my table.....sad eh !!! :laughing:

The boy came home for school today ragin,and as hard as it is to believe but my son doesnt do ragin.
There is a " trouble boy " in his class and his teacher has takin to matchin him up with the boy.
They have been doin a Movies project which the boy has been so into and excited about,they wrote a story,then a script and have this week been makin a film.
But this kid has disrupted their work at ever chance.
Finally today the boy had had enough,he kept his cool but stormed out of class.
The teacher let him have some time and apologise for him havin to work with him but said it was because she thot the boy could maybe help this kid.

The boy said he understood that but it was interfering with his work and that was not exceptable.
He pointed out that every one else was workin with some one at the same learnin level and this was not fair.
The teacher agreed.

I am so proud of how he handled this situation......ma boy is quite possibly the coolest person I have ever known.

I know this is a ramblin mess but ma boy is the smart one !!! :laughing:

Vic- love the table. You Boy is a good kid. You have every reason to be proud of how he handled this!

Glynis- glad that Timmy is better. Let us know how dinner went

AImee- feel better Sweetie!

Kat- I am rooting for Kyle and the Privateers!

Dinner is stuffed peppers, corn green beans, salad and mashed potaotes and mashed sweets

Vickie You are doing a great job with that boy. Give him a huge hug for me. That was great that he could speak his mind to the teacher. I always wonder what the home life is like for the boy that misbehaves, he does need to understand that that is not acceptable. Mr A gets paired with those kids too and grubbles about it to me. Of course he is older but he lets the kids know he is not going to do the whole project himself and gives them jobs to do.

Vickie I always wonder what the home life is like for the boy that misbehaves, he does need to understand that that is not acceptable. .

I dont know this boys family very well.
I do know his dad is a cage fighter and I heard his mum once brag that he had not cried since he was 3 because his dad told him really men dont !!

Says alot really.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter