• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Woman Report- Update 4/24 Final Thoughts p. 74

Hey LtP,

Glad to see you started your report.

You guys made the right choice for your birthday.

Have you guys seen the Grand California before?

What airport are you guys flying into?

Count me in on this report. I have never been to DL. We plan on going with some friends of ours in a couple of years. I'll be taking notes.popcorn::

I turned 40 this year.

Welcome to the club:goodvibes

We did this after 9/11 as I was too afraid to fly and really didn’t want to bring a baby and a toddler on the plane.

The Christmas after 9/11 Jim and I flew to Disneyland. It was a little nerve wracking, expecially since our original flight number was the one that was the Boston to LA flight used in 9/11:sad2:

I do know we’re staying at the Disney’s Grand Californian and we think we’ll have an awesome time!!

Can't wait for pics of this. I saw the hotel, but not the rooms, etc....:yay:

I usually start packing 2 months before our trips, but I haven't packed a dog gone thing yet. Haven't even got the suitcases out. We're 24 days out right now so I better git crackin'. :yay:

Get packing girl:eek:

Yea! Linnie's report! DLR is our home away from home. I love WDW, its just I've been to DLR about a gizillion times. I get the warm fuzzies when were there. Our first traditional ride is always POTC. Unless its closed :rotfl:
If that's the case then Matterhorn is first.

Dude, I'm late! But I'm here.

The November after 9/11 we flew from NYC to Las Vegas. We weren't scared or anything, since security was so tight. My BIL had been in the twin towers that day, and he was flying with us. he said, if he had been neant to die, it would have been that day, so we were fine. Fuzzy logic, but it worked to clam the hysterical lady down who was sitting next to him on the plane. :lmao:

Dedicated to DM:

It's Just a jump to the left....
And then a step to the RIIIIGHT
Put your hands on your hips
And bring your knees in TIIIGHT
But it's the pelvic Thrust
That really Drives you insaaaane
Let's do the time warp AGAIN!!!
Let's do the Time Warp AGAIN!!!

Dedicated to DM:

Okay ... thanks, I guess. Am I supposed to know where that came from? :confused3

The November after 9/11 we flew from NYC to Las Vegas. We weren't scared or anything, since security was so tight. My BIL had been in the twin towers that day, and he was flying with us. he said, if he had been neant to die, it would have been that day, so we were fine. Fuzzy logic, but it worked to clam the hysterical lady down who was sitting next to him on the plane. :lmao:

Dedicated to DM:

Okay ... thanks, I guess. Am I supposed to know where that came from? :confused3

Come on DM,

Comes from a famous cult movie usually shown in theaters at Midnight

I am here. Can't wait as I have not been there in 14 years.

Glad to have you! :thumbsup2

Let's face it, you'll sell the Hummer and buy 250 points there too!

That probably won't happen. I don't drive it much anymore b/c Buzz has a hissy fit about keeping the wheels clean, but I'm not ready to sell it yet. Believe it or not, Buzz has mentioned selling it, but I won't let him!!

I'm here, but I can't stay right now. I'll be back to read. :goodvibes

Hurry back! :goodvibes I might be posting some pictures later...

I`m here Linnie! Great start! Great writing! I thought you were actually going to drive again this time! :scared1: Good to know your flying. how long is the drive? :confused3

I would of been here sooner ,but I had to work tonite. I was all excited and ready to get on the DIS after work, I made my first margarita in a week, :woohoo: was geeting ready at the computer and Sam knocked it over!! :mad: ahhhh,,Dont mess with my margaritas!!! o-well,,looking forward to the pictures from DL. I dont really know anything about it, so this will be good!!v

Did you make yourself another one? The drive is long b/c we do it in 6 hour intervals. We stay at West Yellowstone the first night, Provo the second, Vegas the third, then we drive in the 4th day. I'm not up to that-especially with Trey constantly asking how much time is left.

Hey LtP,

Glad to see you started your report.

You guys made the right choice for your birthday.

Have you guys seen the Grand California before?

What airport are you guys flying into?

Buzz said the airport is Ontario. We've never seen the GC before. We are thinking of buying DVC points. I got an inheritance from my grandma and I am very resistant to spending any of it, but would spend it on this if we like it. I'm pretty sure we will like it-it sounds amazing!! This might be a new tradition for us every spring.

Woohoo it's started, I've never read a DL TR so this will be great :yay:

I hope it will be good. This is my first TR that I've done by myself ever.

Count me in on this report. I have never been to DL. We plan on going with some friends of ours in a couple of years. I'll be taking notes.popcorn::

I told Buzz I'll need to take notes for the TR. I have such a poor memory. I'll have to use his lap top or something. We used to take notebooks, but I'd get a sore wrist from all that writing.

Welcome to the club:goodvibes
The Christmas after 9/11 Jim and I flew to Disneyland. It was a little nerve wracking, expecially since our original flight number was the one that was the Boston to LA flight used in 9/11:sad2:

Can't wait for pics of this. I saw the hotel, but not the rooms, etc....:yay:
Get packing girl:eek:

:scared1: Yikes. That is scary. I think I might start packing today. If I have enough energy that is. Well, that might be shooting too high-maybe I'll just get a shopping list going...

Yea! Linnie's report! DLR is our home away from home. I love WDW, its just I've been to DLR about a gizillion times. I get the warm fuzzies when were there. Our first traditional ride is always POTC. Unless its closed :rotfl:
If that's the case then Matterhorn is first.

The Matterhorn was closed when we went last time because there was an accident and someone died on it. So I've never ridden it but if it isn't closed this time, we're all going on it. What happened if I remember right, was someone got off the ride and crushed between cars or something. I love their POTC there-I think there's a restaurant in there isn't there? I'd love to eat there. POTC always makes me hungry for tacos b/c in WDW it's right across from that taco place.

That's how I look at it too-if it's meant to happen, it will and there's nothing you can do to get out of it.

Better late than never, Dude!!

I've never seen Rocky Horror!! :headache: Am I the only one???

Hey Lin, I've never seen Rocky Horror either.

The Blue Bayou is inside Pirates of the Caribbean. We ate there last summer. The Monte Cristo (at lunch or even late lunch (3 ish) is GREAT. However, it is DARK in there. There's a single candle on the table. You've mentioned Moan Boy isn't big on dark, so just thought I'd let you know. My "loudish girl" a lot like Moan Boy though loved it! I'm in the beginning stages of getting her diagnosed (with Asperger's and sensory I believe).

:mad: Hey!

Did I ever tell you Buzz that I am impressed that you are a long time member and you really don't have that many posts.
Hey! Get back over to your side of the boards! How can we have any fun whilst you're peeking in on us? :rotfl2:

YEA!! The gangs all here!!
dancing.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter