The worst date you had ever been on

Mine was an eharmony match from a few years ago.

The guy seemed nice enough and unlike many of the matches eharmony gave me, was employed! (Seriously, work on your algorithm eharmony!). So I agreed to meet this elementary school teacher at a local restaurant.

I pulled into the parking lot at the same time as him, so walked over to his car to introduce myself. He shook my hand and offered me a drink from a water bottle in the cup holder. I asked what it was and he explained he was so nervous that he mixed a rum and coke for the road. I should have run away right then.

We went into the restaurant and he sat, staring at me in awkward silence, as I asked him small talk questions. He kept telling me he couldn't believe how calm I was. (Weird.) I asked him to tell me about his tattoos - he had full sleeves on both arms, and he pointed proudly to one near his mid arm and said:

"This was my first tattoo. I got it to cover where I used to cut myself."

There was a pause, as I considered what would be a polite response.

He then followed it up with: "I also got my taint tattooed, you can see later!"

I waited until he went to the washroom and snuck out of the restaurant.

I must have led a sheltered life. I never heard of this, before or after dinner. Is this a Men's room thing I'm just learning about?
I was on plenty of dates when I was younger and never did anything in the men's room that the men's room wasn't built for. I thought that sort of thing only happened in bad Cinemax movies!

Reading this, it's actually quite scary how many weirdos and outright morons there are out there, especially from the male side!

I did think of another bad date story that I hadn't thought about in years. It was a guy I met on Match. He was from Ireland (who doesn't love accents?!) and we decided to meet at a billiards/adult arcade place. He showed up about 20 minutes late- just as I was about to walk out. And he also had brought a long a friend and seemed surprised that I hadn't thought to bring a friend as it was "safer." Ok..... I quickly noticed that he had a huge bruise across his face which he told me was from a bar fight the night before.
We played a couple of games, all why his friend awkwardly looked on and then I headed for the door.

Last edited:
In a public restroom? Any restroom? Ugh.

I must have led a sheltered life. I never heard of this, before or after dinner. Is this a Men's room thing I'm just learning about?

I was on plenty of dates when I was younger and never did anything in the men's room that the men's room wasn't built for. I thought that sort of thing only happened in bad Cinemax movies!

In 1985 during the Live Aid concert at the dilapidated JFK Stadium in Philadelphia, a woman (I think) was in one of the disgusting men's rooms giving, well, you know, to any guy who walked in and wanted one. I don't know if she was charging for the favors, but if she was, I'm sure she donated the proceeds to the Live Aid charity. ;)

No, I didn't partake. I wasn't in the market for a dozen STD's.

I just recalled another story which was a total dodge of the bad relationship bullet. I was working part time in a jewellery store despite having a six figure sales job. I really' really, wanted the employee discount. (The store rhymed with Smiffany. :lovestruc)

We had an issue with counterfeit currency so a police officer had been dispatched to our store. It was valentines day, he was super cute, so I took a chance and asked him to dinner. He agreed and we met a few hours later.

He explained he was recently separated/divorced, although he'd never really firm up which status was correct. (Red flag #1). We had a great dinner up until he asked me point blank what my annual income was. I told him, and his exact response was: "well, you'll have to quit. You won't make more than me." (Danger Will Robinson, Danger!)

I smiled, nodded politely and said I wasn't feeling well. We parted ways, and is expected that to be the end.

Two days later, at 4 am, my phone rang. It was him - he had just gotten off work, and demanded, not asked, that I meet for breakfast. I explained I had to at work at 8 and wasn't interested. The response was an unbelievable barrage of yelling, hanging up and text messages about how I would be available on his schedule, not mine.

I blocked his number and felt my pulse race every time a cop car went down my street for the next few years.

(I looked him up on Facebook later, and it seemed he was very confused as to his marital status, since he still was married...:scared:)

Years ago, I went on a dinner date with a young man who was a nurse. We were discussing some of the crazy things that he had seen in his nursing career. As we were eating, he said that he had something to tell me. I replied, "OK," and then he hemmed and hawed for a bit. Finally, he said, "Well, I have always been curious about the taste of human flesh. One day I was cleaning up after a surgery, and I saw a piece of muscle tissue that had been cut out from a woman's leg. So, I took it home, fried it, and ate it."

I passed on the dessert course, and headed home as quickly as possible. I still wonder if he was pulling my leg, but why say something so shocking? What a weirdo!

Years ago, I went on a dinner date with a young man who was a nurse. We were discussing some of the crazy things that he had seen in his nursing career. As we were eating, he said that he had something to tell me. I replied, "OK," and then he hemmed and hawed for a bit. Finally, he said, "Well, I have always been curious about the taste of human flesh. One day I was cleaning up after a surgery, and I saw a piece of muscle tissue that had been cut out from a woman's leg. So, I took it home, fried it, and ate it."

I passed on the dessert course, and headed home as quickly as possible. I still wonder if he was pulling my leg, but why say something so shocking? What a weirdo!
Ok you win or more rightly LOSE! What a weirdo:scared:
At least you found out right away before you could become even more involved, that could have ended up VERY badly.

I am literally sitting here with my mouth hanging open!! OHEMGEE....Yall, all of these weirdoes severely delusional borderline insane people are someone's NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR...right now. Your children may be having spend the night parties over at his house, he may be your child's t-ball coach. Good lord almighty, this is just crazy! What happened to all these once sweet baby boys? What causes someone to grow up this way? All these guys who think a lady is going to give him the stuff just because he took her somewhere....what a bunch of jerks!

I tried the online dating thing for a short time before I got married. I am actually kind of afraid to know what's wrong with me, since I didn't get very many replies when I tried it even though I am employed, I don't ask for bathroom ____, and I've never eaten human flesh.

OMG!!! I'm going with this is the worst date, the doll collector is second, & need for the bathroom "assistant" is 3rd. I started laughing so hard! You could've been his next dinner!

OMG. As I've told DH if anything ever happened to him I would never date again. I never had a really bad date. A couple of awkward blind dates when there was no chemistry, but besides that, none. It does help I met DH when I was 18 and we were married when I was 21, but I had friends in HS who had weird dates. Before DH, I never had any really serious long term boyfriends, but I did date and they were all normal lol.

Now I dont feel as bad with mine, lol.

I was about 18 and I went out with the guy who owned, but rented out the house next to me.

I think he was about 25, anyway we went to a rock concert. His wife had died the year before in a accident, so he talked about her on the way there and how I looked a lot like her.
He made a comment about how, rhymes with flutty I looked for the cincert, um,.wow thanks, but it was the 80's and concert goers wore either leather, faux leather, spandex. So I ended up"losing" him at the cincert and got a ride with some friends.

I am literally sitting here with my mouth hanging open!! OHEMGEE....Yall, all of these weirdoes severely delusional borderline insane people are someone's NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR...right now. Your children may be having spend the night parties over at his house, he may be your child's t-ball coach. Good lord almighty, this is just crazy! What happened to all these once sweet baby boys? What causes someone to grow up this way? All these guys who think a lady is going to give him the stuff just because he took her somewhere....what a bunch of jerks!
Believe me it's not just men.

The doll collector was winning for me until we got to the cannibal. What a lovely bunch of men! I've luckily never had a bad date, and I'm thinking if anything ever happened to my husband, I'd be pretty reluctant to get myself back out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter