The Young and The Restless .. Take 5 .. Spoilers Welcome!

Why reruns now?
To stretch out the remaining episodes they have in the can. I’ve heard they have about 6 -7 weeks of episodes completed. GH,for example, is airing a repeat every Friday through May 22. I’m assuming Y&R will do the same or something similar. Days has new episodes taped through October 2020, so they’re good (🤞)!

I wondered the same thing. Looks like they will be back to new episodes on Monday, so I guess they are peppering in old episodes like this to stretch how long new ones last.
https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2020/04/yr-to-re-air-victor-and-nikkis-first-wedding-from-1984
Usually in mid- March they are premepted a couple of days for the NCAA basketball tournament. No tournament this year so that may be why they are showing a rerun today. On our local CBS station the show usually is interrupted for the Philadelphia Mayor's daily update followed some days by the NJ Governor. So I am now just watching via On Demand. I may watch today's show since back in 1984 I would have been watching All My Children.

I loved yesterday's episode even though I had no idea who most of the characters were as I wasn't watching back then. As for people who look better now than back then my vote goes to Ashley. She's way more beautiful now than then. As for Nikki, she was gorgeous then and now.

I only got to see the first half due to the daily local Wuhan virus update.

I knew all the characters except I couldn’t identify some of them from the opening illustrated portraits.... maybe if I froze them to get a longer look.

Loved all 4 of the Brooks girls. I think that was the last time all 4 were together.

Loved Jeanne Cooper and Brenda Dickson. Their “hate” always seemed more palpable than Jeanne and Jess’ loathing, probably because they actually played the storyline over Phillip .

So you think Eileen looks better at 60 than she did at 24? Wow!

I started watching Nikki's wedding episode this morning before I had to start working. It was so cool to see the Brooks sisters. I didn't recognize Ashley's fiance. I definitely didn't remember that crazy lady that tried to poison Nikki with Brandy.

It is so fun for me to see these old episodes. I was a kid when they originally aired. The fashion and hair is wild. That's what we thought was beautiful.

Friday’s flashback 4/10 is from 1993.

Jill tells John she’s pregnant. Must be with Billy.

Nikki is torn between Victor and Jack.

Neil and Drucilla honeymoon.

Ashley is played by Brenda Epperson.

I enjoyed watching the old episode from my DVR today. 1993 was the year I got married.

It was Drucilla and Neil’s honeymoon; Nikki & Jack were married, and he was so sweet to her; a different actress was playing Ashley; and Jill was pregnant with Billy.

I LOVED Dru so much and was devastated when Phyllis pushed her off a cliff and killed her during a modeling shoot. Phyllis got away with murder (accidental).

Nikki and Jack were great together. Victor was such a jerk. Nikki was recovering from a late-term miscarriage, and all Victor could do was demand that she get back together with him. So insensitive. I don’t get why she ever left Jack.

I forgot that John didn’t want a baby when Billy was born. I also didn’t realize that Victoria is quite a bit older than Billy.

It was fun going back in time. I was only 28.

Today’s flashback is the legendary costume ball from 1991. Enjoy!

I enjoyed it! Their costumes were fabulous but once again I was puzzled by who were some of the characters. The second wolf called David was a total mystery to me. Some of the names rang a bell but I couldn't really remember who they were and any of their plot lines. I remember not caring much for the actress playing Victoria at the time.

The last new episode of Y&R will air Thursday April 23. Starting Monday April 27 repeats will air with each week devoted to one character. First up will be Katherine Chancellor played by the late Jeanne Cooper. Repeats will air until the end of lockdown in California when the cast can begin taping again.

The last new episode of Y&R will air Thursday April 23. Starting Monday April 27 repeats will air with each week devoted to one character. First up will be Katherine Chancellor played by the late Jeanne Cooper. Repeats will air until the end of lockdown in California when the cast can begin taping again.
So these last episodes this week were probably filmed when? Six weeks ago or so?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter