~These are a few of my favorite *WDW* things~

TinkerBelle_325

DIS Veteran
With my next trip to WDW fast approaching (we leave for Buffalo Thurs night and fly out bright and early, 6:50am, Fri morning!) I started thinking about some of my favorite *WDW* things:

The first few aren't technically WDW, but nonetheless:
- hearing "Welcome to Orlando" from the flight attendant
- feeling that first blast of Florida warmth and humidity as I step off the plane and onto the jetway
- the first "ride" on the Orlando International Airport monorail
- seeing the first on many Disney billboards on the drive to WDW
- driving under the WDW gates and realizing "We're home!"
- seeing my first Disney bus of the trip (even though we don't take them :lmao:)
- the first sight of my resort for that stay, usually CSR (this stay) or Poly (next trip)
- the first "Disney smell" (you know it exists...some combination of air conditioning, water, cleaning solution and pure magic :lovestruc)
- turning on the WDW Today channel for the first time! The music irritates my parents but I love it!
- For the past 3 years (since age 21), my traditional first night Lapu Lapu :rolleyes1
- The wonderful feeling that is an early morning at Disney...stepping out the door at CSR, that beautiful early morning sunlight, the slight humid dampness in the air, the warmth and quiet...
- The first monorail ride!
- The MK Welcome Show!
- Walking under the "Here you leave today and enter a world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy" sign
- Seeing the castle at the end of Main Street USA :sad1::cloud9:
- Making the mad dash to Splash Mountain
- Enjoying the emptiness of a post-rope drop park
- The first time I see Illuminations..

Wow I could go on and on but I'll leave a few for the rest of you to post! :laughing:

I wish there was some way to bottle that WDW smell and early morning feeling. It's absolutely indescribable and better than anything else! My DH would rather sleep til 10 or so every morning, but there's nothing like being out and about at the resort before 8! I love seeing the maintenance people out doing their thing. They are always so friendly, regardless of what they are doing. Everything seems almost brand new every single day and totally makes me forget that there's a world outside of WDW that's not so clean and has problems and troubles for all of us. Days that I can't get DH up, I head out on my own and just walk around or sit and watch the lucky ones that are headed to the bus stop already. It almost makes Disney coffee taste good! :rotfl:

I am like you, I love it when the stewardess says "Welcome to Orlando" as we land. A few other things I love about our Disney vacations:

1) After getting off the plane, I love riding the MCO tram and seeing all of the Florida Palm trees.
2) Love getting to the Magical Express Welcome Center at MCO and then walking onto the bus.
3) Love watching the movie that the ME busses play for you as you are driving from MCO to WDW
4) Absolutely love seeing the "Welcome to Walt Disney World"
5) I love walking into the lobby of our resort for the first time (wherever it will be) and smelling the lobby smells
6) I love the first time I walk into our hotel room and just look around the sites
7) I LOVE LOVE LOVE watching/listening in the background to Stacey
8) Love resort hopping and eating at their restaurants, shopping in their shops, and just walking around their beautiful grounds
9) I love watching my daughters eyes as they first see the castle, even though they have seen the castle many times in their short lifetime, it still never gets old.

There are so many other things I love about our WDW vacations, but it would turn into a book, but these are my most favorite things. :goodvibes

Talking to Cast Members for hours

Riding the TTA

Sitting on a hammock at Poly swaying in the breeze

Enjoying a hot dog at Casey's Corner

As several have already said, seeing the Welcome to WDW sign.
Riding JC at night. It just seems more "real" that way.
The CMs at HM are always a treat.
Smelling Rome burn on SE
Dining at San Angel in the endless twilight of Mexico.
Illuminations
Screaming my lungs out at the top of ToT when the doors open.
Riding KS EARLY when the animals are out.
Wandering the grounds at whichever resort with my DW.

-Hearing the welcome to Orlando when we are landing.
-Seeing the palm trees and feeling the Fl. air and being able to smell it.
-Seeing the Welcome to Disney sign when you enter property and everyone being all excited for it no matter what time it is.
-getting to your resort and hearing and seeing all the happy people.
- Getting on your first bus to the parks and hearing the park music they play on the buses.
-Arriving in the first park and feeling more of that happy feeling.
- and everything else

Walking through Epcot Futureworld and hearing this space-agey muzack playing. I know I'm a big dork, but that just says, "Yay! We're at Disneyworld!" I love the whole atmosphere in FutureWorld.

I also love the smell inside POTC.

And there's nothing like walking down Main Street. I love to annoy the kids and sing this song from one of their old sing-along Disney VHS tapes.........."I'm walking right down the middle of Mainstreet USA":lmao:

Well, I love just about everything, too, but some things that come immediately to mind are.....
the first sighting of the Welcome to WDW sign.
seeing the castle for the 1st time
hearing the "howling" that means I am getting closer to my beloved Haunted Mansion.
the music of SpectroMagic :dance3:
catching a performance of any of the Streetmosphere players in DHS
those beautiful tigers in AK
Spaceship Earth!!

There are so many for me too!

Riding the MCO monorail and seeing all the palm trees
Riding the Magical Express and watching the welcome video
Driving under the WDW entrance arch
Pulling into the resort for the first time
All the sites and smells in the lobby
Watching Stacy (much to DH's chagrin!)
Walking into Epcot FutureWorld for the first time and just standing and staring at Spaceship Earth
Walking through the train station and entering Main Street USA and seeing my beloved castle for the first time.

I could go on all day.

except the packing to go home. :sad1:

I know what you mean. I felt so embarassed, but I could NOT stop crying last time we left. It started the night before our flight when we were packing to come home, and it lasted until we were on the plane. My poor DH.

And don't forget sharing that experience with people who have never been before....

I can still picture my best friend, who I took on her first trip, when we were watching the parade and Goofy waved at her - and she looked at me and said, "It really is real!"

I am taking two people this year, one of whom is going for the first time. I cannot wait to share all of those same moments with them too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter