• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip - or two - or three...~~ D~'s bag ~9/22 ~~

Ugh, sorry I was so crazy last night! The construction rumors at WL really got me nervous. Had to change and had to decide right then or I wouldn't sleep :)

Couple of changes to the November trip:

Still looking for an earlier Tusker House.
Changed Boma to 4:50....hey, 10 mins makes all the difference!

The reason for Kona twice (besides the fact that it is awesome!) is that we had decided to switch to the Poly from VWL. But of course I waited too long and all the standard rooms are sold out. I can not afford a theme park view!

So last night.....late, I frantically discussed with D the pros and cons of every resort we could fit in. We went back and forth....finally decided to book a garden wing at CR for now. It was just about the same price as our studio villa we had at VWL. And we will check daily....obsessively.....for a Poly cheap room.

But to be honest.....I have stayed at the Poly twice now. I love it! Will always love it, but I kinda want to try something else. I want to stay at them all someday and I need to mix it up. So we might just stay put at CR.

I really like the looks of the restaurants at Contemp. The Wave looks great for breakfast. Contemporary Cafe looks yummy for QS. Yep, might just stay put.

We probably will keep one breakfast at Kona because their pineapple macadamia pancakes are to die for! But maybe not room for two days there.

I will go over my spreadsheets this weekend and rearrange things. Will let you know what changes :)

Happy Thursday!

Finally found my way back over here. Your ADR plans for the fall sound good. We love Kona Cafe and actually it's one of the very few I reserved for our July trip.

Puppy pictures are so cute of course. Our next door neighbor just got a little yellow lab puppy, reminds me of your little puppy there. She (Molly) is just so stinkin' cute. The kids have been over there for the last two days after school just wearing her out. She really took to our dog Jazz, but I'm not sure Jazz cares to play like a puppy.

Six more weeks to go for us and I still can't believe it, although I'm really ready for school to be done with the kids. I don't want our summer to fly by though.

Ugh, sorry I was so crazy last night! The construction rumors at WL really got me nervous. Had to change and had to decide right then or I wouldn't sleep :)

The reason for Kona twice (besides the fact that it is awesome!) is that we had decided to switch to the Poly from VWL. But of course I waited too long and all the standard rooms are sold out. I can not afford a theme park view!

So last night.....late, I frantically discussed with D the pros and cons of every resort we could fit in. We went back and forth....finally decided to book a garden wing at CR for now. It was just about the same price as our studio villa we had at VWL. And we will check daily....obsessively.....for a Poly cheap room.

But to be honest.....I have stayed at the Poly twice now. I love it! Will always love it, but I kinda want to try something else. I want to stay at them all someday and I need to mix it up. So we might just stay put at CR.

I really like the looks of the restaurants at Contemp. The Wave looks great for breakfast. Contemporary Cafe looks yummy for QS. Yep, might just stay put.

We probably will keep one breakfast at Kona because their pineapple macadamia pancakes are to die for! But maybe not room for two days there.

Happy Thursday!

I am totally with you on the Polynesian. My DH has wanted to return there for years, since our very first (and only) stay in a Lagoon View Room back in Sept/Oct 2003. However back then we only had two kids and it was much easier. Once kid #3 arrived and we purchased into DVC, there was just no reason to stay at Poly since the points for a room were not worth it. Then Poly DVC came along for this summer...and somehow we snagged a room for a few nights in July. We are really looking forward to returning there, we've always loved the resort and we've done Kona Cafe quite a bit for lunch or dinner, but I have decided we'll do breakfast for this trip. It's been a while, and we can usually be okay with getting our Tonga Toast fix in at Capt Cooks, but with not having a full kitchen in our DVC Studio room, I figured we'd do breakfast and have leftovers to take to the room to heat up the next day for breakfast. However I must admit I love Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary as well, and it was my kid's top pick for this trip...so we are doing a split stay and heading there for a few nights after the Poly. We did have to book a standard 1BR Villa, which is just fine for the points savings. Once we get there it will be all about getting our laundry done mid-trip and cooking even more meals in the room to save money.

Have a great trip!

Hi Suzi - I can't blame you for changing resorts. I think that the rumored construction at WL is pretty scary, especially for people staying in the villas, since I think the rooms facing the lake will be really impacted. CR doesn't have anywhere near the character that Poly or WL has, but the splash pad is awesome and your son will probably like it there. You can take a boat to Fort Wilderness and WL and explore those two places, too. And being able to walk to MK will be really nice. :) And the rooms are big, which is nice.

Yeah for cheap airfare! That's hard to find these days. I hope you have just as much luck with your outbound flight.

I know - I am super excited... Just wait... I purchased my outbound flight yesterday too...

Nice job on the return airfare...that's awesome.

Thanks! I am super pumped!!!

Hurray for finding airfaire for $108. Crossing my fingers that you will find cheap airfare for your outbound flight.

Yes I have been able to get some rest after the weekend.

Today I got to try an electric wheel that you mount on my manually wheel chair so it becomes an electric wheel chair. The good thing about this extra wheel is that you get a 2 in 1 wheel chair and that the whole chair isn't that heavy even when the electric wheel is fasten to the wheel chair compared to a normal electric wheel chair. Another plus is that it's easier to travel with the extra wheel instead of having to travel with a big electric chair. I'm going to write an application for it because it's not cheap.
In this video you can see how it works.

I did find cheap airfare yesterday - so now I have both of my flights booked. :woohoo:

OK - that extra wheel is super cool!!! And awesome! I cannot believe it's never been invented before! I can't wait to see how you like it!

Howdy Howdy Howdy!!! I didn't realize how long it had been since I was on here. Two trips and one is this fall!!! Okay now that I've checked in I'm going back to read the report and everything going o,n! Be back to comment soon

Okay! So I made a quick run through, thankfully I can keep up with you on FB! Lets see if I caught everything! Alli is driving, Starbucks, Gus (i misses something where is his hair), Had a birthday, said good by to a pet, got super cute glasses, hunting colleges and was sick, sick sick-- this is a big year for her!.
Victoria had a birthday, got super cute glasses, lots of family time and friend time, getting to be a sharp shooter (I love this!).
You got super cute glasses, Target, running, running running (do you ever rest?), bags, bags and more bags!
Josh- Growing an awesome beard!
Family: There are never enough pictures of Cooper and Max! So cute together.

Three trips woohoo! So am I allowed to crash your fun in November?? I guess it technically not crashing if I ask permission is it. Then Alli trip in January and Victoria trip in October. Wow! So excited for you all.

Well - hello there!!! It's great to see you Cindy!!!

I think you're all caught up now - thanks for taking the time to do that. :thumbsup2

Gus just needed a change - so he shaved his head... :) He seems to like it.

Yes, very excited about all of our trips - I would LOVE to meet up with you again!!! Let's plan it! ::yes::

Ugh, sorry I was so crazy last night! The construction rumors at WL really got me nervous. Had to change and had to decide right then or I wouldn't sleep

I will go over my spreadsheets this weekend and rearrange things. Will let you know what changes

Happy Thursday!

Very excited about all of this!!!! Cannot wait!!!!

Finally found my way back over here. Your ADR plans for the fall sound good. We love Kona Cafe and actually it's one of the very few I reserved for our July trip.

Puppy pictures are so cute of course. Our next door neighbor just got a little yellow lab puppy, reminds me of your little puppy there. She (Molly) is just so stinkin' cute. The kids have been over there for the last two days after school just wearing her out. She really took to our dog Jazz, but I'm not sure Jazz cares to play like a puppy.

Six more weeks to go for us and I still can't believe it, although I'm really ready for school to be done with the kids. I don't want our summer to fly by though.

Yay!!! Glad you found your way back! I am very excited about kona - I've always wanted to try it.

Awww.... Thanks - we love Cooper!!!

6 weeks!!! Wow - it's coming fast!!!

*********************************************************************************************

Soooo.... Again - this will be a Disney update post...

Disney Update:

If you missed Suzi's post above... We decided last night to switch from VWL to the Contemporary garden wing... All of the anounced construction plans at Wilderness Lodge had us a little (lot) freaked out... We were trying to hold out for the Poly, but it wasn't opening up. Suzi spotted a Garden Wing opening, so we decided to jump on that - since we knew we were definitely NOT staying at WL... We are still stalking for a Poly room though. So, stay tuned for that. ::yes::

Also... I booked my flight down for the November trip... So, folks - I am definitely going to Disney in November... The trip that was slated as a "maybe" trip is definitely happening. :woohoo: I am very excited. My outbound flight wasn't quite as good pricing as my inbound flight ($108 vs. $142) - but still not a bad price. These flights average about $175 normally... I am flying on two different airlines - and two different airports - so hopefully I don't confuse my family too much? LOL

Sooo... Now I am stalking for airfare for January for Allison's trip... There is a small possibilty that Gus might be joining us for a few days? We'll see about that?

Otherwise... In my normal life - nothing else is too exciting... Bags, bags, and more bags...

I did receive some fabric for some of my planned customs and bags... That's pretty exciting for me. ::yes::

It's also possible that I've found a new headband person - since Jennifer had to take a break from her business... I've given this person a task - so we'll see how she does. She is super nice, I love all of her stuff - so I have great faith in her! I cannot wait to see what she comes up with. ::yes::

Cooper is doing great... Potty training is getting there... He had no accidents on Tuesday... He had 2 yesterday... And 2 already this morning... Hopefully the rest of the day will go better. :scratchin

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Prayers and good thoughts go out to all of you! :grouphug:

D~

Just wanted to say trip looks like its shaping up for November, and that flight!

Also the Wave is really good! We did dinner there but i am sure Breakfast is good too, and Contemporary Cafe for QS was really good, the staff was really nice too.

Congrats on getting your flights. You're going to have so much fun!! Do you still post pictures of your bags?? They are amazing!!! Hav a great day.

fantastic! I hope you guys love the Contemporary!!! Tom really wants to stay there next time.. I want the poly. YAY for 10 minutes earlier!!! it does make a difference!!!
Great job on getting air fair. umm I still need to get HOME from Maine!!!

I hope you love the Contemporary. I have stayed at BLT a couple of times, DH likes but I think it is only okay. I find that it takes forever to get anywhere except Magic Kingdom from BLT.
Since you are staying at the Contemporary, you should try the wave's breakfast. DH and I ate at the wave for breakfast when we did our night without the kids 3 years ago.

Congrats on getting cheap airfare for your trip. Staying at the CR means you can walk to the MK if you want. We love Kona but have never had their breakfast. My favorite is the steak.
I bought some fabric to make curtains for my kitchen window. That should be a quick project.
Today I'm going to get a hair cut and then get rid of the dead rose bushes in the front yard. I'm planting hostas. They're harder to kill.
I'm glad the potty training is coming along. Cooper will catch on.
Have a great day.
Liz

:woohoo: How great that your maybe November trip is now a definitely happening trip :woohoo:
Getting fabric for future bags sounds exciting. I can't wait to see the finish products.
That's great that you found a new headband person. I can't wait to see what she makes for you.
I'm glad to hear that Cooper is doing great. Accidents while potty training will happen. But I'm glad to hear that there aren't that many of them. I'm sure it will just get better and better.

Yay! So glad your November trip is actually going to happen. And that is a great price for airfare. Have you ever flow on different airlines like that before? For some reason anytime I have done different airlines I get searched more thoroughly. I guess it's the "one-way" thing. Hopefully that doesn't happen to you.

Hi Suzi - I can't blame you for changing resorts. I think that the rumored construction at WL is pretty scary, especially for people staying in the villas, since I think the rooms facing the lake will be really impacted. CR doesn't have anywhere near the character that Poly or WL has, but the splash pad is awesome and your son will probably like it there. You can take a boat to Fort Wilderness and WL and explore those two places, too. And being able to walk to MK will be really nice. :) And the rooms are big, which is nice.

Yes....I probably would have stayed if we could fit in a regular lodge room. Doesn't look like the courtyard will be bothered much. But we need 3 beds and not bunks. So we are limited.

Its funny you say that about taking the boat over to explore. I plan to do just that on arrival day. We will take the boat over and rent a surrey bike to ride over to FtW. I do love the WL...we usually visit every trip to just explore and soak up the atmosphere. I picked it this time for the Christmas decorations, but then found out we would be too early for that. So I would rather save our "Christmas resort" for a time we can actually see the tree!

Sooo... Now I am stalking for airfare for January for Allison's trip... There is a small possibilty that Gus might be joining us for a few days? We'll see about that?

That would be sooooo fun! Awww...I can see the pictures now!

YAY for 10 minutes earlier!!! it does make a difference!!!
Great job on getting air fair. umm I still need to get HOME from Maine!!!

10 Mins later dear....I really wanted like 5:30ish, so I will keep checking. 4:40 was too early. I pushed it back 10 mins. Still looking!

And yes, you do need to get home from ME, but I am not so worried about that. You can always stay :)

Glad you got both flights done now...and you still did great on price. It's been over 20 some years since we stayed at the Contemporary, but you can't beat the convenience.

We had no issues with the garden wing at the Contemporary. It made us love that resort even more.

Congrats on all this exciting news! DH and I talked it over and I think we are okay with sticking with WL. So, since you changed resorts, I'll have to find another way to randomly bump into you and say hi! ;) I think we may possibly be at Kona the same morning, Thursday? (If that's ok, don't want to be crazy Dis-stalker lady!)

And I definitely recommend the Wave for breakfast! We loved it!

So happy your November trip is a go! You'll have to take alot of pictures of the contemporary. We're just starting to narrow down resort choices for our anniversary trip next November. We want to do a split stay. 5 days at a value resort and 4 days at either a deluxe or moderate. Have you ever stayed in a royal room at Port orleans? They look fun!
Cooper is getting so big already! What a fluffball! Hope you and your family have a fabulous memorial weekend. :-)

We had no issues with the garden wing at the Contemporary. It made us love that resort even more.

I am really excited about it! I never even considered the CR before, it just seemed so....so....concrete-ish. But after researching a little more....and looking at menus......I am very excited about this!

Congrats on all this exciting news! DH and I talked it over and I think we are okay with sticking with WL. So, since you changed resorts, I'll have to find another way to randomly bump into you and say hi! ;) I think we may possibly be at Kona the same morning, Thursday? (If that's ok, don't want to be crazy Dis-stalker lady!)

And I definitely recommend the Wave for breakfast! We loved it!

Hahahahah.....actually.....I just switched both our Kona ADRs to The Wave! It looks so yummy for breakfast!

I'm very late on the pre trip report but I have enjoyed it so far! I think we were in Disney last year at the same time and we will be there again in November and October 2016! I will continue to read, I have a lot of catching up to do!

ok I like BLT because I can walk to MK. I will also admit we have been known to Walk to the MK bus stops and hop Busses to Beach Club to go to Epcot. I do not like the BLT Transportation which is shared with the contemporary. So glad your trip is a go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter