Things to do at Disney without Staying on Property or Tickets

resort hopping, ride the monorail, watch fireworks from TTC or nearby resorts, Disney Springs, Character table service on Resorts locations

I find that resort hopping has gotten almost impossible. Sometimes there are signs up saying that only guests can park. I often wonder if I can at least VALET? In other cases, like Boardwalk, I have to park about 3-4 blocks away on the other side to be able to enjoy the entertainment there. They did the same @ Grand Floridian. I can't even park at Contemporary or Polynesian if I am not a guest.

How does one resort hop? Do you park at Disney (pay $20 parking) then get on the monorail? I feel so sad, this was one of our activities when I would go and could not afford tix. Thanks in advance.:thanks:

Also a question re Security..... where are the checkpoints now? are they for monorail,boats,buses? it's different since I last went

In order to get to the monorail, I'd have to pay for a WDW ticket and their parking (don' tmind the latter). What is another option, so I can hop on the monorail loop and see those resorts? Is there a way to catch the monorail somewhere without paying for a WDW ticket? I just want to continue resort hopping. thanks in advance.:thanks:

Anyone can take busses, boats and monorails for free on Disney property.

My favorite free things to do are to watch fireworks from one of the mororail resorts and to go out behind animal kingdom lodge and see the animals on the savannah.

Go to Disney Springs and take the bus to MK ticket and transportation, Contemp hotel or Poly and catch the monorail. There may be other places, these are just the ones we have used.

There are lots of things to do over on International Drive. The Orlando Eye, the Outlet Mall, all the little shops, plus wonderworks. You could go over to the beach if you have a car.

BEACH? Where? LOL I would love to go to the beach when I am there. Had no clue...LOL

thanks for the information.

Go to Disney Springs and take the bus to MK ticket and transportation, Contemp hotel or Poly and catch the monorail. There may be other places, these are just the ones we have used.

There are lots of things to do over on International Drive. The Orlando Eye, the Outlet Mall, all the little shops, plus wonderworks. You could go over to the beach if you have a car.

If you have a car, you can drive over to Daytona, New Smyrna Beach, Cocoa Beach, plus several state parks. You can also go over to the gulf coast for those beaches.

I find that resort hopping has gotten almost impossible. Sometimes there are signs up saying that only guests can park. I often wonder if I can at least VALET? In other cases, like Boardwalk, I have to park about 3-4 blocks away on the other side to be able to enjoy the entertainment there. They did the same @ Grand Floridian. I can't even park at Contemporary or Polynesian if I am not a guest.

How does one resort hop? Do you park at Disney (pay $20 parking) then get on the monorail? I feel so sad, this was one of our activities when I would go and could not afford tix. Thanks in advance.:thanks:
I have annual pass and can park for free at TTC a take monorail, but you can alway schedule a meal at any of the counter services at the resorts and they will let you park, obviously there is people abusing the resot free parking, but I have never had a issue, also you can park for free at Disney Spring a take a bus to one of the resorts on the monorail loop or to any resort you wish to visit

Certain resorts are very strick about who can and can't park in the resort lots. GF, Poly, Baylake, BC, BW and YC. They will limit the parking to resort/convention guest and those with dinning reservations.
Wilderness Lodge would not allow anyone in last week unless you were staying there or had a dining reservation. We wanted to go to Geyser Point which does not require ADR's and they would not allow us in.

Is Disney Transportation to MK Resorts or Animal Kingdom Lodge run at all hours or only after 4pm?

DD's friend who is in the college program had a hard time getting a parking pass for a few nights that she stayed with us at CS last month. In September at CB she had no issues at all. I would say park at Disney Springs and take the bus to a Monorail resort and go from there.

Do the Disney Transport Tour (yes, I made that up!). Park at Disney Springs. Take the boat to POFQ or OKW. Take a bus to Epcot. Take the monorail to TTC. Take the ferry to MK. Take a boat over to Wilderness Lodge. Take a bus to Disney Studios (or the boat back to MK, then the monorail to a resort, and a bus to Disney Studios). Take the boat over to Epcot and back. Take a bus back to Disney Springs. (OR take the bus from Disney Studios to whichever resort- POFQ or OKW you weren't at in the morning and take the boat back to Disney Springs!)

Any other itineraries for Resort Hopping? What resorts are close to staying at that resort only?

Yeah- I have a question regarding parking at the boardwalk- can it be done at all to visit and eat there? I love the bakery so much

Yeah- I have a question regarding parking at the boardwalk- can it be done at all to visit and eat there? I love the bakery so much
They've gotten stricter in the past few months. No parking unless you are a guest of the resort (parking pass issued at the gate when checking in) or if you have an ADR (and that's 3 hours with a color-coded sign to put on your dashboard). Too many people using it as free parking to get to Epcot.

They've gotten stricter in the past few months. No parking unless you are a guest of the resort (parking pass issued at the gate when checking in) or if you have an ADR (and that's 3 hours with a color-coded sign to put on your dashboard). Too many people using it as free parking to get to Epcot.
oooohhhh so sad! I usually stay right there when visiting, so it's easy! Ok I'll figure something else out lol

We have a day in Orlando and wanted to know what we could do at Disney without tickets or staying on Disney property.

If I had only one day to spend in the Disney "Bubble" area I guess I would make a trip early in the morning to Disney Springs (before the crowds set in). I'd pick up some breakfast at Starbucks or Earl Of Sandwich (sign up for there Birthday special http://www.earlofsandwich.fr/en/the-eclub/ ),,and then maybe take a Hot Air Balloon ride over Disney Springs. Keep an eye on Groupon https://www.groupon.com/deals/aerophile-13 Shopping at a few stores would be on my list.
I'd hop on a bus around lunch and take a trip over to Animal Kingdom Lodge. Check out their daily schedule of activities.http://www.kennythepirate.com/resor...animal-kingdom-lodge-resort-recreation-guide/
I'd then hop on a bus to MK and then monorail it over to the Poly for evening drinks and snacks.
I'd also consider for a relaxing day to purchase a single water park day/Typhoon Lagoon (especially if I had my kids with me).

Have fun planning
Hugs Mel

P.S.
Parking at most resorts has closed unless you have a resort stay/dinning reservation.
Most pools at the resorts are now gated and resort ID is being enforced.

I think we will go see the Animals behind Animal Kingdom Lodge - What time is a good time to go? What is the best transportation to get there.... Can we drive and park there or do we need to park at Disney Springs.

Is there a time limit to park at Disney Springs?

Magic Kingdom's Fireworks... Can we take shuttle from Disney Springs and watch them at one of the monorail resorts?

Thanks!

You can park free at AKL and go in an wander through that amazing resort. Eat a zebra dome (you can get them at the little quick serve downstairs) while you sit in the lobby and watch the animals on the savannah Then go outside and get a closer view of them. Not sure about time limits at DS. The best view in my opinion is to go up to the top of the contemporary for a cocktail and watch the fireworks. Amazing!!! :) Have a blast!

I'd like to take the culinary tours at AKL, how do you do that? do you have to be a guest there?

oooohhhh so sad! I usually stay right there when visiting, so it's easy! Ok I'll figure something else out lol

That's really unfortunate that you can't park anymore :(
We were there a year ago and parked no problem at the baordwalk to go get ice cream and meander and at AKL for lunch and a visit to the animals

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter