Things to do in Baltimore, MD "We are back in ALABAMA!!"

wdwmom0f3

Disney Bound!
UPDATE
We will be there Mid June & July!! Anything that you could add to this thread would be so helpful. I need to know where nice shopping areas are, neat places to see, good places to eat & just anything that you can think of.

Thank you SO much!!

We have never been to Baltimore before but it looks like my DH will be working there for a few months this spring-summer and the kids and I want to come up and visit him for a couple of weeks. We may never get another chance to do this so I thought I would ask my friends here to help me out with some fun things to do while we are there. Any ideas?? :)

I went to Loyola College in Baltimore, and I love it there!

There's lots to do in Baltimore, and Washington DC is only 45 minutes away as well.

The National Aquarium in the Inner Harbor
The Science Museum
Fort McHenry
The USS Constellation is docked in the Inner Harbor still I believe
The Zoo
Baltimore Museum of Art & The Walters Art Gallery (amazing pieces! you'll be surprised!)
Go to an O's game at Camden Yards
Eat crabs at Obriki's
Eat anything in Little Italy! Esp. dessert at Vaccaro's!

I know I am forgetting lots of other things since we haven't been down other than for my reunion a few years ago. Baltimore is a great city. Go and have fun!!

Thank you!! I will look into those things. We also watch "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" so to go to one of those places from the show would be fun!! :)

MicheleQ: You mean Loyola University, right? (I'm also an alumn of the institution.....from when it was still called College)

Go to Fort McHenry. In the evening they ask everyone to help when they take down the flag for the night. Kind of a neat ceremony. :thumbsup2

There's lots to do in Baltimore, and Washington DC is only 45 minutes away as well.

The National Aquarium in the Inner Harbor
The Science Museum
Fort McHenry
The USS Constellation
The Zoo
Baltimore Museum of Art & The Walters Art Gallery
Go to an O's game at Camden Yards

Ditto, ditto, ditto! Also check out Port Discovery, the children's museum in Baltimore. Your younger kids are right on the edge of out growing it, but it does have a fantastic, huge climbing structure and some very interesting exhibits that might engage them.

hubby is from baltimore and i've been 4 times now (5th is in march)

the inner harbor---
the science museum
aquarium
walking around the shops.

orioles game at camden yards. really fun and i don't care too much about baseball.

get berger cookies AND utz's crab chips. mmmmmm!!! you'll be addicted!

my mil lives in have de grace (30 min north) and it's a really cute little town with some good restaurants on the water.

there's a seafood place called al's (i think) and they have had the best crab dip on a giant pretzel out of all the places we've eaten!

if you for any reason need medical assistance, patients first is excellent.

watch out for horrible drivers (rear ended on 2 trips:mad::sad2: )

there's the b&o railroad museum that's neat.

we don't have an ikea in new orleans, so in march, that's on my list to do. LOL i wanna say it's in white marsh.

you can go look outside at charm city cakes (ace of cakes from food network).

DC is only about an hour or so away...plenty to do there!

maybe look up the convention and visitor's bureau online and ask for a visitor's guide. it probably has maps and coupons and all that good stuff.

the inner harbor---
the science museum
aquarium
walking around the shops.

orioles game at camden yards. really fun and i don't care too much about baseball.

get berger cookies AND utz's crab chips. mmmmmm!!! you'll be addicted!

my mil lives in have de grace (30 min north) and it's a really cute little town with some good restaurants on the water.

there's a seafood place called al's (i think) and they have had the best crab dip on a giant pretzel out of all the places we've eaten!

if you for any reason need medical assistance, patients first is excellent.

watch out for horrible drivers (rear ended on 2 trips:mad::sad2: )

there's the b&o railroad museum that's neat.

we don't have an ikea in new orleans, so in march, that's on my list to do. LOL i wanna say it's in white marsh.

you can go look outside at charm city cakes (ace of cakes from food network).

DC is only about an hour or so away...plenty to do there!

maybe look up the convention and visitor's bureau online and ask for a visitor's guide. it probably has maps and coupons and all that good stuff.

Couldn't have said it better:thumbsup2...And don't forget Phillips Crab House right there at the harbor, the Babe Ruth/Sports Legends Museum, and Geppies Entertainment Museum directly above(has a bunch of cool memorabilia/trinkets from the past), Edgar Allen Poe house/grave/museum, and take time for a pic-nip up on Federal Hill!!!

Hope you enjoy your trip in MY backyard!!! If you need help, want some pointers, don't hesitate to PM me!!!:yay:

Oh my goodness, I didn't realize that there is so much to do up there. :cool1: I do want to take the kids to Washington too while we are there so that will be fun. I think two weeks will be enough to see most of it, right?

Oh, the Ace of Cakes place would make a great picture spot!! :thumbsup2 I would love to get a cake from there but I am sure it's out of my league. :sad1: :rotfl2:

MicheleQ: You mean Loyola University, right? (I'm also an alumn of the institution.....from when it was still called College)

Yes! Class of 1994. I still have Loyola College sweatshirts, my friends and I swear to always call it LC!

If you decide to visit the outside of Charm City Cakes, you should definitely check out the nearby neighborhood of Hampden. There are two very fun, family-friendly restaurants there: Cafe Hon and Golden West. The American Visionary Art Museum (near the Inner Harbor on the Federal Hill side) is very unique and a lot of fun for kids. In the summer, they project movies off the museum's back wall, which can be watched from Federal Hill park.

Definitely do alot of things Downtown, also Federal Hill is a nice place to go- very pretty especially in the sprin/summer time. On a serious note though- watch some of your areas close to Downtown- some of them are a little shady- I should know- I grew up in an area called Pigtown(I know- wierd name for a neighborhood- LOL) close to the Harbor- its pretty rough. Have a great time!!!

Yes! Class of 1994. I still have Loyola College sweatshirts, my friends and I swear to always call it LC!

Another Loyola alum here--1998. I met my DH there; he graduated in 1997.

As for the original posters question, Baltimore is wonderful and full of so many things to do! Port Discovery is a great kids museum--my kids love it there!

Oh my goodness, I didn't realize that there is so much to do up there. :cool1: I do want to take the kids to Washington too while we are there so that will be fun. I think two weeks will be enough to see most of it, right?

Oh, the Ace of Cakes place would make a great picture spot!! :thumbsup2 I would love to get a cake from there but I am sure it's out of my league. :sad1: :rotfl2:

yeah, me too. I wanted one, but they start low-end at about $500!:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1: I want a cool cake for fun, but not at the expense of groceries and gas!

:rolleyes1

Email me when it gets closer to when you leave....I can usually get free tix for the Six FLags there (amusement park). The company that owns them did go bankrupt last year so....that may change however; we get them and never use them!

Isn't Bengie's Drive In Theater near B'more? It was the site of one of the first dates hubby and I took -- we lived in DC, but I don't remember where it was exactly, just in MD somewhere. So much fun, and if you don't have drive-ins near you (we don't, but I grew up with them), the kids will love it!

yeah, me too. I wanted one, but they start low-end at about $500!:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1: I want a cool cake for fun, but not at the expense of groceries and gas!

:rolleyes1

:scared1: Are you kidding?!?! I think I'll pass on the cake then. :rotfl2:

I have been online today looking around at some things to do there and it looks like fun. I think we are going to go to Hersey Park & Hersey World too. My kids would love it.

I am starting to get excited. We should be finding out soon when he will be going so that I can plan a little better.

Question. Is it going to be hard for me to find my way around Washington to see the Smithsonian & all of that? Should I think about a tour group or something, or is it not that bad?

Email me when it gets closer to when you leave....I can usually get free tix for the Six FLags there (amusement park). The company that owns them did go bankrupt last year so....that may change however; we get them and never use them!

This would be GREAT!!! I'll let you know when we will be coming. :)

Thank you so much!!

Don't limit yourself to just Baltimore either - the Inner harbor is awesome - so much to do but go also to Annapolis as well. They have an awesome Amish market that I visit each time we go visit our relatives.

(We lived in Glen Burnie, MD so 5 miles outside of Baltimore for 4 years.) Also Arundel Mills is an awesome indoor outdoor mall with tons of stuff to do.

Have an awesome time! I'll be in Maryland myself for a couple of weeks this summer visiting my ILs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter