This is the place for live photos and updates from the DIS ABD Backstage Magic trip!

Just wanted to check in with everyone while I had a few minutes before our Farewell Dinner. We had a great day in California Adventure - even had lunch at their version of Food & Wine. John Lassiter and his wife were doing a wine tasting a few feet away while we ate lunch - pretty cool!!!!! Since we added an extra day to the trip we still get to play some more tomorrow. :). We are all pretty tired but I don't think the majority of us are ready for our Adventure to be over.

Thanks for sharing Tonya. Love hearing the updates. Enjoy the dinner tonight! :)

Just wanted to check in with everyone while I had a few minutes before our Farewell Dinner. We had a great day in California Adventure - even had lunch at their version of Food & Wine. John Lassiter and his wife were doing a wine tasting a few feet away while we ate lunch - pretty cool!!!!! Since we added an extra day to the trip we still get to play some more tomorrow. :). We are all pretty tired but I don't think the majority of us are ready for our Adventure to be over.

Can't believe it is over, you guys were just starting it seemed. So glad you had such an amazing time.

I must say that I have been on the edge of my seat watching updates all week. It was very cool getting all the minute by minute updates. I have to admit I thought a cavern had opened up and swallowed everyone while you guys were at Mickey's of Glendale. There was a 2 hour lapse of information. That sucking sound must have been the money flying out of your wallets! :rotfl2:

Thank you for posting some pictures here! I do not have FB because of some family issues with it, so again, thank you! I have really enjoyed viewing all the pics! I can hardly wait to hear about all that is going on!

I'm tired.
My feet hurt.
My Visa card is screaming.

Sign me up for ABD 2.0!

I found Flat Ros!!!! She fell off my kitchen island and was stuck under it. :confused3

The first flattie casualty was Flat Ros - she never left my kitchen. then Flat Shanan got left in Las Vegas at Anna's grandmother's house. And then Flat Mike and Flat Christy got kidnapped in Hollywood which led to a life of flattie crime. :rolleyes1

Anna, did you find Flat Shanan at your Grandmother's house?

Flat Mike and Flat Christy are still on the lam causing havoc all across the USA.

Did my flattie get left in the bookstore?

Last time I saw her, she was trying to get a copy of "The Help".

When last I left you, the flattie brigade starting their trip from Georgia was packing.

It is now time to leave for our Adventure. :thumbsup2

Look who we spotted waiting for the flight to ATL to board :love: Guess Flat Edward and Flat Jacob were in Augusta for The Masters.
CIMG2821.jpg

Flat Lisa arrived in Atlanta's airport with no problems - although the flight was FULL!!!!!
CIMG2825.jpg

Flat Kim decided to shop a little while we changed terminals in ATL
CIMG2823.jpg

Flat Mindy found her seat and is waiting patiently for all of those people toting GIANT carryons to finish boarding.
CIMG2822.jpg

Flat Annette thought she might enjoy the onboard entertainment system on her way to California but alas the system was broken for the 4.5 hour flight. :sad2:
CIMG2827.jpg

Flat Lisa decided to pass the flight time by reading
CIMG2829.jpg

Flat Annette wants the town car to pull over to do some souvenir shopping on the way to the Renaissance
CIMG2838.jpg

Flat Jimmy and Flat Amy relaxing on the Renaissance bed
CIMG2839.jpg

Flat Liz enoying a California burger at Mel's
CIMG2842.jpg

Flat Kathy enjoying lunch at the French Crepe Co. in the Hollywood & Highland Center
CIMG2883.jpg

Flat Kim checking out the view in the Hollywood & Highland Center
CIMG2882.jpg

Flat Edward checking out the competition at Grauman's Chinese Theatre
CIMG2894.jpg

Shopping while looking at the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Where is Flat Alicia when you need her?????
CIMG2903.jpg

Flat Kelly shopping at DSW after we spotted Helen Mirran shopping for shoes too.
CIMG2905.jpg

Flat Becky checking out the handbags - you have to have the right purse when you are famous
CIMG2906.jpg

Look!!!! Flat Edward is famous!!!!
CIMG2871.jpg

Flat Don is enjoying meeting everyone at the ABD get to know you reception
CIMG2907.jpg

Flat Mindy, Flat Lisa, and Flat Kim meeting and greeting all the other ABDers.
CIMG2908.jpg

Flat Kim enjoying her first ABD meal
CIMG2909.jpg

Flat Shelly enjoying her first ABD dessert
CIMG2910.jpg

Thanks Tonya -- Looks like I had a DISeriffic time and the best part...all those fabulous meals and I didn't gain a pound!!! LOL

Opps, got ahead of myself - go back about 10 hours for a bus trip to the Farmers Market and The Grove.

Flat Becx and Flat Gav riding on the bus to get to the Farmers Market
CIMG2863.jpg

Flat Rick and Flat Lori enjoying the yummy donuts at Bob's Donuts in the Farmers Market
CIMG2846.jpg

Flat Kathy found a pressed penny machine in the Farmers Market
CIMG2847.jpg

Flat Jimmy and Flat Amy checking out the California avacados at the Farmers Market (They even dressed like farmers for the occassion) ;)
CIMG2859.jpg

Flat Shelly checks out the pie stall at the Farmers Market - these pies almost made her decide for pies over cakes
CIMG2860.jpg

Flat Nicole even finds some Disney merch in the Farmers Market
CIMG2861.jpg

On to The Grove!!!

Flat Julie and Flat Finley check out the camper in the American Girl store!!
CIMG2848.jpg

Flat Corey chokes at the price of the camper at the American Girl store
CIMG2850.jpg

Flat Ferris even finds something at the American Girl store that he wants
CIMG2854.jpg

Flat Liz makes use of the doll holder in the ladies room
CIMG2853.jpg

Flat Dave finds some Star Wars sheets he just has to have at Pottery Barn Kids
CIMG2856.jpg

Flat Corey decides to check out the new iPad at the Apple store - and maybe check out the DIS while he is at it :rolleyes1
CIMG2857.jpg

Flat Don decides to check out the men's products at Kiehl's
CIMG2858.jpg

The most interesting man in the world is everywhere!!! Where is Flat George when you need him???
CIMG2862.jpg

Flat Shelly enjoys riding on the bus
CIMG2867.jpg

Flat Yvette and Flat Emiel almost sang "the wheels on the bus go round and round" but thought better of it. ;)
CIMG2866.jpg

It was too early to go to be after dinner so Flat Jen and Flat Brandie went to uWink in the Hollywood & Highland Center for some nighttime fun.

Here they are thinking about ordering from the touch screen ordering system.
CIMG2913.jpg

Once the drinks arrived both Flat Brandie and Flat Jen decided to put on their party clothes
CIMG2916.jpg

CIMG2915.jpg

The next day started early at the Disney's Soda Fountain and Studio Store

Flat Aaron is perusing the menu - Mickey waffles or eggs???
CIMG2917.jpg

Flat Chris decided to try a bagel
CIMG2918.jpg

After breakfast we toured the El Capitan Theatre

Flat Jen wanted something from the concession stand
CIMG2919.jpg

Flat Kathy was ready for a bathroom break after touring the theatre
CIMG2920.jpg

Flat Kim checked out the Alice in Wonderland tea set display
CIMG2922.jpg

Flat Brandie is interested in the Don't Drink Me bottle - thank goodness for the glass display or who knows what would have happened
CIMG2924.jpg

Flat Chris decides to check out the Alice wardrobe display
CIMG2925.jpg

Flat Aaron is interested in the solider's costume
CIMG2927.jpg

Flat Brandie is envious of the pretty dresses the actresses get to wear.
CIMG2928.jpg

Off to the Jim Henson Company

Flat Kathy taking a look around Hollywood from the bus.
CIMG2929.jpg

Flat Chris is happy to see that Kermit is still hanging around even though the Muppets moved to Disney.
CIMG2933.jpg

Flat Brandie appreciated the warm welcom ABD got.
CIMG2946.jpg

Flat Chris was excited to see the dinosaur from The Flintstones
CIMG2951.jpg

Flat Aaron was interested in the historical barn on the old lot
CIMG2950.jpg

Flat Kathy is still wondering what exactly this is outside The Barn
CIMG2953.jpg

Flat Jen was thrilled to see that Miss Piggy still has a presence on the lot even if it was just the ladies room sign
CIMG2954.jpg

Time to go to Walt's train barn at the Carolwood Pacific Railroad

Flat Emiel and Flat Yvette are very interested in the trains in Walt's barn.
CIMG2965.jpg

Flat Shelly and Flat Nicole are thrilled to pose in front of the picture that supposedly inspired Big Thunder Mountain
CIMG2968.jpg

Flat Becx and Flat Gav love hanging out with all of Walt's train memorabilia
CIMG2971.jpg

Flat Max is ready for his train ride on Walt's train.
CIMG2977.jpg

Flat Mindy can't believe that she is riding on a train that Walt owned.
CIMG2978.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter