This is the TR that Never Ends-Adventures of 2 DINKS with APs! Anniversary PTR-AOA, BWV, V&A, O-My!

Thank you for all the bonus information Patricia. I am really excited now. Hubby and I do not go out and listen to music (other than a concert) at home, but we had the best time hanging out in a little bar/restaurant in Key West a few years ago. This sounds like it will be so much fun. We discovered we are not everyday rope drop ppl, so we can hang out late if we want. I would like to think I am not cheap...but Yikes at $20 for a request. Maybe I am showing my age of...."back in my day" lol.....and I am only 42.

Yay, I was able to go back and check out the pics. That is so cool that scuba Mickey is in the tank and interacting with guests. That citation is so cute. That is the first time I have ever heard about one.

Btw, I would trade presents for vacation anytime!

No, I think it's ridiculous too. I wouldn't say it's standard, but on a busy night they will say something like "gotta play this one next, this guy really wants to hear "blah, blah, blah" for $20." I've heard something like that at least 3 times.... DH and I are just like, we will stick with our few bucks and just wait for our song, thank you very much! Although, I can see how the tipping gets high--- one night (when we were down front and all engaged in the show) we were requesting and tipping like fools because the show got so fun and I felt like it was well deserved LOL

But I still have a blast hanging out in the back eating my popcorn and singing along to everything everyone else requests. It doesn't have to be an expensive night out! :)

Now I will say, I do love whoever the guy was in the audience one time I was there who tipped them $20 to play the Carousel of Progress Song-- They made a big to-do about that and it was hilarious!!!

Joining along. I too have been a fellow lurcker and stalker of the more fun and usually childless TR's. As I passholder and someone who lives literally 10 mins away from the gate I've been planning my on Neverending TR for what seems like FOOOOOREVER (yes that is a Sandlot reference) and I think I just might get to it this weekend fingers crossed.

Good information on the cake as my DBF's bday is on the 18th and we will be in Disney of course and I was trying to think of something special and a surprise but that seems like such a curfuffle. I'll probably have to find something else. I'm going to be keeping a look out for Scuba Mickey!

Joining along. I too have been a fellow lurcker and stalker of the more fun and usually childless TR's. As I passholder and someone who lives literally 10 mins away from the gate I've been planning my on Neverending TR for what seems like FOOOOOREVER (yes that is a Sandlot reference) and I think I just might get to it this weekend fingers crossed.

Good information on the cake as my DBF's bday is on the 18th and we will be in Disney of course and I was trying to think of something special and a surprise but that seems like such a curfuffle. I'll probably have to find something else. I'm going to be keeping a look out for Scuba Mickey!

I can't imagine living that close! *sigh* I would be there ALL the time--- but then again I said that about moving to the beach, and now that I am here, I hardly ever go.... Haha! Somehow I feel Disney would be different than that though! I will keep a look out for a TR by you-- I would love to read about another APs adventures-- I feel like we have a totally different touring style than yearly vacationers!

As for the cake, I think it was a Kona Cafe problem--- not a Disney Cake people problem. And also because it was the Poly (a resort that does not have its own in house bakery-- if my memory is correct, they are serviced by GF Bakery -- fact check me on the Cake Chatter thread :) ). I think eating at a resort with its own bakery would yield much better results! Or eating at a restaurant in MK (which is also serviced by GF Bakery I think). That is my anniversary trip plan at least-- our first day there have a custom mini-cake delivered to Tony's inside MK (I know-- everyone hates Tony's but it was the first restaurant we ate at on our first trip to Disney and I was blown away by the chocolate stamp of Lady and the Tramp on the tiramisu-- my first taste of Disney dining details-- and so its nostalgic-- and I plan on ordering light Hahah!). So I haven't given up hope yet; I think I just picked the wrong place!

Also I just realized you "name" is Marie and you avatar is with the character we LOVE Marie as we have 5 cats of our own each with their own nerd names. Disney is different than that.The DBF and I have both never seen YeeHaw Bob, I've never been to Jellyrolls, and we've introduced each-other to other awesomeness over our 2 years. It's great to be able to feel like you want to have some fun randomly one night and also be able to say lets go to Disney

Also I just realized you "name" is Marie and you avatar is with the character we LOVE Marie as we have 5 cats of our own each with their own nerd names. Disney is different than that.The DBF and I have both never seen YeeHaw Bob, I've never been to Jellyrolls, and we've introduced each-other to other awesomeness over our 2 years. It's great to be able to feel like you want to have some fun randomly one night and also be able to say lets go to Disney

I bet that is awesome! DH and I talk about maybe retiring up there and working at the parks LOL We will see...

And yes, you caught me-- I'm a loud proud crazy cat lady! I only have one though--- currently working on DH to try to get another one :thumbsup2

Throwback Thursday Post!

Like I am really able to concentrate today being that I leave at the crack of dawn tomorrow.... So to sate my Disney appetite today I am going to do a little throwback Thursday to when we ate at Coral Reef. My opinions and pictures galore! Well, galore for me :)

This was from late October as part of our MNSSHP trip. We were Marie and Scat Cat-- but the costumes we not quite my level of cuteness (I LOVED out Kevin and Russell costumes, but that year I had a week off work when I had my wisdom teeth out to work on them....). At any rate, here we are. I got the ears from when we were in Disneyland Paris so wanted to put them to good use!

IMG_3525.JPG

Anyway, the Saturday after the party, we spent the day at Epcot and had dinner at Coral Reef. I had heard mixed reviews, so here are my thoughts-- the good, the bad, and the ugly!

We asked for a table near the tank and said we would wait the extra time to be seated to meet that request. I would HIGHLY recommend this--- I can't imagine being there at that restaurant for that atmosphere and being 6 tables away. I mean I know it's huge and all, but for me and Steve, it was all about the tank!

Steve found a brand new Mickey sticker inside the buzzer (I don't know why he was popping open the buzzer), but yeah---

IMG_3556.JPG

Anyway, first was the bread. The bread was nothing special-- same old bread you get anywhere else, but the butter was interesting. It was creamy and sprinkled with black salt. This was my first experience with black salt, and I liked it! It definitely added that je ne sais que to the flavor of the bread. Yes, I am one of those crazies that buys both pink and white salt because I use them for different things, so YMMV on the black salt stuff.

IMG_3558.JPG

We also ordered the crab dip to start.... I wasn't impressed. I think it may have been under the hot lamp too long. We were starving so the pardon the partial picture. I forgot to snap a pic before we dug in!

IMG_3559.JPG

Steve had the steak (rolling my eyes over here-- why not get seafood at a place like this!) and I had the Lobster and Shrimp Orecchiette Pasta. We both got the wine suggested for each dish. Welp-- I got to eat my words. His was way better than mine. My pasta was not very good, in my opinion. I expected a lot more flavor and lobster/shrimp yummyness.... So I picked around and ate the lobster and shrimp out of it mainly and loaded up on bread with black salt butter! :rotfl:

Now, the steak was not amazing or anything, but I did like it. It was comparable to any ole mid range steak house I would say.

IMG_3560.JPG

IMG_3561.JPG

Even though the food was just mediocre, we REALLY enjoyed the atmosphere and were glad we went just for that alone. The tank was fun, and I was glad we were close. We saw turtles, sharks, and rays mainly. Divers even swam by and waved (no Mickey that time!). My favorite was a HUGE HUGE manna (?) ray that swam by every few minutes. She must have been taking laps. One of the servers said her name was Luna. She was absolutely beautiful to watch swim around.

IMG_3563.JPG

IMG_3567.JPG

IMG_3569.JPG

IMG_3570.JPG

Sorry about the woman's head! LOL!

So all in all, the food was mediocre, but the atmosphere was top notch. I don't think we would eat here again, but we don't regret spending the money to eat dinner at such a unique place at all.

Well, that's it for my Throwback Thursday portion of this TR. Back to our regularly scheduled programming next week sometime.

In about 14 hours I will be departing--- This day can't go fast enough!!!

So I totally fell off the face of the earth for the past two months (family stuff, general ennui?), but I wanted to pick up where we left off--

We had a WONDERFUL trip. BUT of course it did not go according to plan-- more on that later :)

This will be a more condensed version since A) my memories are now a little fuzzy and B) there was less park time than I planned on and no one wants to hear about work conferences-- trust me!

Preparty Warm Up -- I got a Minnie Mouse Valentine's Day manicure for the occasion :)
IMG_4086.JPG Yes, I am a freak!

FRIDAY - February 13th

5am dawned in South Florida and we were beatin' feet to get on the road. We were trying to get to MK 9am for a SDMT Fastpass I was able to get! And, well, because I wanted every minute possible in the parks before work caught up to us!

We were pulling out of Chick-fil-a (fellow chicken mini lovers, you know the one on 595... perfectly located right before the entrance to DTD) and chugging our caffeine concoctions (coffee for me, Diet Coke for Steve) at 8:20 on the dot! I know this because I snapped this picture as we were pulling out:

IMG_4120.JPG

Yes, that is my Marie watch with my pink magic band with two Marie decals :ccat: .... and that would not be the end of my Marie fandom for this trip! #crazycatlady

We were pulling into MK within the next 15 minutes and as we were parking I realized there was a HUGE fatal flaw in my plans.... It was President's Day weekend! Being that I am now a "grown up" and have no children in school or a spouse in the banking profession, it completely slipped my mind that this was a holiday weekend. Rookie mistake-- I should've known better!

But that was not going to dampen our weekend, just slow it down a bit!

We rode Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Big Thunder Mountain and had some time to kill before Space Mountain. It was still early so we decided to get in line for Peter Pan-- I was dying to see the new queue and the posted wait was 25 minutes. Plus I figured that was slightly inflated as per the usual-- WRONG! 1 hour and 15 minutes later, we were boarding our flying ship and heading for Neverland. It felt like we are Never-gonna-get-there-land! The new queue is AMAZING though. I loved it! My favorite part was when Steve's ear hat interacted with the shadow and he was ringing the bell with his hat-- HILARIOUS! People in line were laughing along with us. Pictures below (it was too dark to take good pictures... so there are just a few. I would love to go back with my DSLR... but then I have to carry it around the park... one day!):

IMG_4130.JPG IMG_4132.JPG IMG_4133.JPG IMG_4139.JPG IMG_4147.JPG IMG_4148.JPG IMG_4152.JPG IMG_4153.JPG
I love the Tink pixie dust that is all around (there are projections on the sail above the pixie dust, but I never got a picture of it).

Last edited:

As we were heading to Space Mountain after Peter Pan, we got an email from Disney notifying us that our Space Mountain Fastpass had been altered and we could choose instead from any of the selections listed. We were a little confused because Space Mountain was one of the options listed! We figured it may be a crowd control attempt so we went over to Space Mountain anyway to check it out. There didn't seem to be an outrageous wait, so we decided to get on it anyway.

Once inside I realized they must have been having a maintenance issue because the lights were not completely off. They weren't "on" but it was definitely lit up more than usual. It was FASCINATING! Especially for Steve who has some serious eye troubles and cannot see in the dark AT ALL! He figures that how he saw it that time was how normal people see it regularly. So I am glad we went ahead and went even though Disney was trying to deter us :-)

By that time, it was getting to be about noon, and we were ready to drop our bags off and have lunch at Coronado Springs. Check in was easy enough and we were assigned a room on the ground floor the next building over from the main lobby. I mean we could not have requested a closer room.

There are plenty more pretty pictures of the rooms online but here is one I took of the bed/towel arrangement from our stay:
IMG_4176.JPG

We had lunch at the QS restaurant there at CSR and it was delicious (or maybe I was starving...) Either way, I had the empandadas and they were YUM!

As it turned out, Steve's parents were not going to be there in time to have dinner with us so I was able to stick to my original plan. We had planned to have tea at the Grand Floridian that evening and I wanted to be rested and dressed a little nicer than my travel/MK clothes so we took a nap.

Our reservation was at 4:50pm. We arrived around that time, but they weren't ready for us. We sat out in the lobby for a while and people watched until they were ready. We were among the last seatings for the evening which was nice. We could hear the pianist, then the orchestra, then the pianist alternating between classics and Disney classics and sometimes Disney classics jazzed up so that you would really have to listen to it to determine that it was indeed a Disney song. I was in HEAVEN--- I love that sort of thing. I forget what package we picked, but I do know we splurged and went for the champagne. I see that certain champage everywhere, and it's usually too pricey for us. Now I wish I hadn't tried it-- I don't think I can go back!

IMG_4167.JPG IMG_4168.JPG IMG_4169.JPG IMG_4170.JPG IMG_4171.JPG IMG_4172.JPG IMG_4174.JPG

FYI: Steve had the strawberries and cream dessert-- and while the swan I had was pretty, his was much more tasty! Also worth noting: we went not hungry thinking the fare would be light and while it was-- it was still enough for a meal. We did not leave hungry!

Overall it was a great experience and I would recommend it to a couple or a mother/daughter duo looking for something nice to do.

After dinner, we were looking through a gift shop when I found they had a MARIE band decorating thingie! I snapped that up! So now, as if there weren't enough Maries on my wrist as it was, I added another :lmao:

IMG_4175.JPG

Last edited:
SATURDAY - February 14th :love: Valentine's Day!

Today was the day all the plans went down the drain! Backstory-- Not one, but two vendors of our vendors had trade shows this weekend. So our plan was to hit each one each morning and the spend all afternoon and evening in the parks. Well, Steve's father wasn't as thrilled to be there as we were (they did not get tickets or anything and were just there for the conference) so he wanted to knock out both shows in one day so that he and DMIL could head over to Winter Haven to visit with family Sunday morning.... But my plans?!?! :scared1:

So suffice it to say, we spent ALL DAY Valentine's Day doing work stuff. I won't complain too much though because at one of the shows, Steve won a raffle to get into a money box thing that blows cash all around and walked away with enough to cover our Valentine dinner that included a bottle of wine and then some so I'm just gonna hush up about the work stuff.... If you are wondering, this is what it looks like to be in one of those things:

IMG_4183.JPG I've never seen anyone concentrating that hard in all my life! Haha!

On a Disney Resorts sort of related tangent, that conference was at Coronado Springs, and I really like the facility. Compared to the other place we went (I want to say it was a Double Tree by Universal), you could tell Disney put a lot of thought into the practicality of what is needed for these conferences. Ex: They built in registration areas. At the other place, the vendor had to bring a pop up booth for their registration and it looked to be a hassel. Also, this conference had Mickey pretzels, various desserts, soft drinks, and water available. I know that was something that vendor arranged, but it was fun for me to have a Mickey pretzel while "working" :-)

Anyway, the conference ended around 6pm so we went back to the room to get dressed for the evening and head over to Epcot. It was pretty crowded so grabbed a cocktail as Rose and Crown (using our TIW card-- I never miss a chance to save $$$!) and sat outside and people watched.

We still needed to kill some time, so what better way to get ready for dinner at Le Cellier than a viewing of Oh! Canada! Afterwards, we decided to check in early for our ADR and hope we would get seated-- which we did! We were maybe 30 minutes early, so we were right on track for making it to Wishes afterwards.

Dinner was not as good as I remember it being before. I was a little disappointed in the food, but very happy to be at Disney. I'll take a mediocre Valentine's dinner at Disney over being anywhere else any day! (well, except for maybe Paris.... :laughing:) Food picture time!!! (again, dark, I'm sorry--- I really should suck it up and carry the good camera around!)

IMG_4202.JPG IMG_4205.JPG

We got the wine pairing with our steaks which does make a difference I think. We did not get dessert because I had my eye on a red velvet waffle at Magic Kingdom later.

After dinner, we were trying to figure out the best way to get to MK before Wishes started (this was to be the great grand finale to the night!) but Illuminations had just ended and it was a major traffic jam to get out of the park. Monorail line to MK was ridiculous (EMH to 3am that night I believe so EVERYONE was heading there!). There was no bus. We had taken the bus from CSR so did not have our car. So we hopped in the cab line. We had 20 minutes to get there but the cabs were not coming fast enough! Finally we got in a cab with 10 minutes to go-- I was thinking "We are going to just make it. We may just be at the Railroad station on Main Street but we are going to make it!" UNTIL I realized cabs don't drop you off where the resort buses drop you off.... you still have to take the boat or the monorail :-(

We got to the boat dock just as the fireworks started.... we had almost made it.... instead we stood there and watched. Now, I would have much rather been right there in front of the castle, but something has to be said for seeing the WHOLE thing and the way it all plays together. That may sound crazy, but it was still pretty and I wasn't too disappointed. I knew it was a long shot, so I am just glad we got to see it period.

We entered Magic Kingdom and rode Seven Dwarves and Big Thunder Mountain and then I headed over to Sleepy Hollow to get my waffle! It was ok-- I should've gotten a cupcake instead. I think they ran out of the cream cheese drizzle because it was super sweet and didn't have the cream cheese bite I was expecting.

But as we were eating that the MSEP started so we watched that for the first time in months!

It had been a LONG day so it was time to call it quits and head back to the resort-- since we had finished all the work stuff, we had a full day in the park the next day!

SUNDAY - February 15th

Since our original plan was to be at a show on Sunday morning, we did not have plans for Sunday morning. The only thing on our list, was Beaches and Cream for dinner and dessert.

After breakfast and seeing Steve's parents off, we walked around the resort. It was very pretty. The pool looked like a lot of fun, but it was a little cold for us Florida people to go swimming. We tried to sit out on a hammock by the lake with a blanket and our Kindle to watch some TV, but the sun was too bright so we just cuddled for a while before I got a little stir crazy... I mean we are at DISNEY!

I got on MDE and made some FP+ for MK, and we headed over there! We rode Buzz, Jungle Cruise, and Winnie the Pooh. For some crazy reason, we decided to go play minigolf next. It was about noon by this time and the parks were getting crowded so we decided this was a good time to escape!

We went to Fantasia Gardens to play minigolf since we weren't really feeling the Christmas atmosphere 2 months after the fact. Well.... there was a 2 hour wait to play! WHAT in the WORLD?! I guess I forgot I was at Disney.... Steve said, "NOPE!" So we piled back into the car and went back to Coronado Springs. On the way, I made a lunch reservation at Beirgarten. We had never been before, and we a little skeptical of a buffet, but decided to give it a try since we love that kind of food (and beer!).

We took the bus since we knew we would be imbibing and headed over to the World Showcase. As we made our way around, we stopped for our obligatory G&T from Rose and Crown (have you noticed a pattern here?). Once we got to Germany, we were still a little early, but checked in anyway-- we were starving! They gave us a buzzer and we found a spot in the shade to wait.

And Wait...

And Wait...

So I finally got up and got us two beers from the area next to the restaurant (I LOVE the grapefruit beer and it has hardly any alcohol in it).

And we waited some more...

I had to go to the bathroom, and I knew as soon as I went they would call us, but I went anyway. Sure enough, as I am coming out, Steve calls me and says I am holding up the whole table and ticking another couple off.... Really?! I was literally right around the corner and had only been missing a few minutes!

We were seated and the waitress asked what we would be drinking-- we both got beer and she asked us regular or large? We both said large thinking it was like a pint or pint and a half vs 12 oz.... Boy, were we wrong. They came out with the BIGGEST mugs I have ever seen. I should also mention, my phone/camera died, which is just as well, because it may have gone swimming in the miniature pool of beer they brought me.

Steve managed to get this picture--
IMG_4210.JPG

The show was very cute, we enjoyed the atmosphere immensely. It was awkward sitting with people we didn't know (especially after making one couple upset at my tardiness). Steve and I are both shy. But we ended up having a good time anyway. By the end of the meal though, we were DONE! Stuffed and stumbling! Ok, not really stumbling... but with the heat and being stuffed and the beer starting to creep to our heads, we were ready to go. We decided to get out of Epcot and get back to the resort for a nap.

We did not make it back to the resort before the nap happened. We got on the cool bus and were snuggled up together in the back and before we knew it, we were waking up at CSR. We got off the bus, made a beeline for the room, set our alarm, and went back to sleep.

Somehow we slept through the alarm to make it to our Beaches and Cream ADR. By some grace of Disney Magic, I woke up 45 min prior to our ADR and hustled Steve out of the room.

MORAL OF THE STORY- When the waitress asks if you want a regular or large beer, you go for the regular.

We were NOT ready for more food. We were still full from lunch! Thank goodness they were not ready for us when we arrived and we had to wait on a table. Even then, we still weren't ready for a full on dinner so we decided to split a burger and a brownie a la mode. The burger was good, but the dessert was GREAT! I see why people love going there now!

We finished the evening by exploring the resort, and slept very well that evening with way too much food in our bellies!

MONDAY February 16

Our last day was an Animal Kingdom Extravaganza!

We started the day off in Animal Kingdom-- We rode Everest first (I am trying to figure out a way to be brave and scream and not panic on the big drop.... Still haven't mastered it yet, but I try everytime!). Afterwards, we went on the Safari (always a favorite!), Dinosaur, and then saw Nemo. This was the first time Steve saw Finding Nemo, and he really liked it! The puppetry really is amazing. I com from a theater background, so I love ALL the shows, but this one really shines for me for some reason.

At any rate, nothing too eventful happened and soon we were on our way to Animal Kingdom Lodge for lunch at Sanaa. I head about the bread service and was already salivating. We arrived a little early and wandered the lobby and outside animal areas. WOW! We have got to stay here some time. I was living in the moment apparently and did not take pictures until we sat down, and I DEFINTELY remembered to take pictures of the bread! We got all the sauces and all the naan varieties. YUM!
IMG_4218.JPG

(You can almost see Steve's shirt-- it says "My favorite Disney Princess is my Wife" :rotfl2:)

I also had the sangria which I would NOT recommend. Maybe it was the paper straw that made it funky... I took it out and tried to drink it without, but that didn't help much. It was WAY too sweet for me and I usually love sangria.

The bread and sauces were phenomenal though-- if you haven't gone, get on your MDE right now and make a ressie! :)

After lunch it was time to head back to reality :( We meandered a little bit looking at the animals... then I thought I lost my fitness tracker and spent 30 minutes looking all over the lobby and restaurant for it only to realize it had fallen off in the car :crazy:... Then after THAT drama, we actually got in the car to leave.

Final thoughts-- Like I mentioned before, we got the Tables in Wonderland card this trip and it was great! We loved the free valet parking at the resorts when we went to eat and the 20% off the bill INCLUDING alcohol was GREAT! We can't wait to use it on our trip coming up in just 1 day!!! We also stayed Business Club Level, which I thought I would mention. It was very nice to have the breakfast right out of the door basically and not have to scramble around in the morning at QS. It was quiet and relaxing and we could bring the food back to the room easily if we wanted. Also, we enjoyed the cocktail hour and sangria immensely! THIS sangria was delish! It was a nice way to cap an evening or begin one in some cases. My only complaint is that BC is only worth it if you do not have plans within their tight little windows of operation. Regular club level is much better with them being open all day. At any rate, it was still nice from a breakfast perspective!

Last edited:
ONE DAY MORE.... ONE MORE DAY.... ONE. DAY. MOOOOOORE!

Hands up if you got that Les Mis reference?!

Tomorrow we will be on our way for our Anniversary Trip! I am DYING over here... trying to be productive... but it is NOT working!!!

So I'm giving in and doing a PTR :-)

Here are our plans for the next FIVE days!

Friday, May 8th

5pm - Leave right after work for The World! (Hopefully, we can get on the road a little earlier. On days we leave for Disney, sometimes DFIL comes into the office and tells us to get out and leave! I never count on this, but it's nice when it happens!)

8:30pm - Check into Art of Animation Little Mermaid Room (Our original plan was to go up early Saturday and save money, but when I scored an 8am BOG for Saturday, we decided to go up Friday night. That said, we did not want to stay at BWI for rack rate since we rented points for this trip. So, we are staying AOA for the first night, which honestly, I am very excited about! I think that place looks so cute!!!)

Explore, Toast to our Trip, Sleep!

Saturday, May 9th

Breakfast - Be Our Guest Breakfast- I haven't really done my homework on this one, so we will be surprised. I know there is pastry basket, and that's all I need to know!

FastPasses: Seven Dwarves Mine Train, Big Thunder Mountain, Peter Pan's Flight

Lunch - Tony's Town Square Restaurant - Ok, hold the tomatoes... :duck:I know it's not too good. BUT this was the first restaurant we went to as a couple at Disney (mainly because we did not have ADRs that trip and it was the only table service that would take us. Haha! We are going for nostalgia and basically salads and tiramisu. We want a lighter lunch being that we need to be HONGRY for dinner...

Check into Boardwalk Villas!

Pool/Waterpark? Still undecided here, but would love time to just chill!

Dinner - Yachtsman Steakhouse - We have not eaten here before, but hear it has a fabulous steak-- and my boy, he loves some steak!

Relax/Fireworks if time/JELLYROLLS! ? Again undecided and leaving it up to fate and how we feel that evening.

Sunday, May 10th

Breakfast - I have heard wonderful things about Boardwalk Bakery so I hope to get something yummy from there!

FastPasses: Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Toy Story Midway Mania, Star Tours

Lunch - Hollywood Brown Derby - I have read good things about their cobb salad, so again we plan on a light salad type lunch so we can be ready for the eveing.

No afternoon plans yet-- hanging out at the pool makes the most sense since we have an earlier ADR for dinner this night. Maybe even a nap for good measure!

Dinner - Flying Fish - We love seafood so are excited for this one too! We plan on being very full this trip!

After Dinner: Steve does not know yet, but I have booked an Illuminations cruise for this night for our anniversary which is the 11th. I did not want to do it on the 11th since we will be over near Magic Kingdom that night, but he has always wanted to do it. I have kept it a secret for soooo long and am busting at the seams! I think I will tell him at dinner that night.... Or if I am really good, I may not tell him at all and just walk him over to the marina after dinner and SURPRISE! Also, thanks to the DIS, I will have a full boat which means I don't have to pay full price!!! And we get to meet some fellow DISers. This is going to be awesome!

Monday, May 11th - Anniversary Day!

Breakfast - Our anniversary teir from our wedding cake and champagne. Yes, I am nuts, and yes, I am taking our top teir with us to Disney so I can have it on our anniversary. If it tastes gross, my contingency is something from the bakery again. :rotfl:

FastPasses: Everest, Safari, Kali River Rapids. We have never done Kali because we never wanted to walk around the park wet. Well this time we have a FP for it last before we go back to the hotel so we can avoid that unpleasantness! Also, these are not "must-dos"... if we wake up and want to just chill, that's what we will do.

Lunch - Again, in my effort to not overplan or overeat, no lunch plans either. We are just going to play it by ear.

Dinner - Victoria and Albert's - The crown jewel in our trip.... the one we have been saving for... the one that makes all the scrimping on other trips worth it. I can't wait for this one-- and can't wait to write about it!

After dinner, we hope to catch the fireworks from GF beach or something. Our seating is at 6 so we can probably catch wishes. If not, no biggie. My motto for this day is Go With The Flow!

Tuesday, May 12th

Breakfast - Dessert bread from V&As (if they still do this-- I read it somewhere and assume it's still part fo the experience). Otherwise, there will be stale cake, I am sure!

FastPasses: Soarin', Figment, Spaceship Earth

Lunch - Flower and Garden Festival Booths!

Then it'll be time for us to head home. Although this will be our longest trip EVER, it feels so short when I type it out, and like I am leaving so many things undone. I guess that's because I don't know when we will be back. We don't like going in the summer (too hot/too crowded), and then in September we are going on a cruise (not Disney, I know I should be tarred and feathered, but they are just too expensive!!!), so realistically we may not be back until November when we run the Jingle Jungle 5K! We may have to sneak a summer weekend in there at some point just because I don't think I can go 6 months!!!

Anyway, that's all for now. Can't wait to tell you all about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter