• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This is us..

Thought last night was a great episode with more detail for future possibilities. With Sophie and their divorce, was that part of the catalyst that made him go to LA and how long did he try auditions prior to landing The Manny. Maybe Kate agrees to go with him as no more Sophie. A few more possible areas to explore a bit. How many other events were orchestrated by Kevin for love etc that maybe he didn't realize he did so that while he felt left out there were times he pulled the strings.

William - each moment I'm thinking this is it, he'll die next. He doesn't and I'm glad but brings the intensity a bit of when it will occur.

I haven't cried yet for an episode but pretty close when Kate has her primal scream moment. If the scene was longer I would have. Along with that I didn't care for how they had the instructor react, as I thought he was saying let it out so when she does he's surprised. Would have liked an encouraged Yes, whole class now. Other than no she's not okay but will be sentiment. Glad they allowed this type of setting for her though, to attempt to get to those deep rooted feelings and not try to show one's all fine if they immediately just lost the weight.

Kinda like the horse guy to give Kate options but does seem fast; especially when she's telling the guy there's someone else. More tv drama I suppose to give conflict instead of the guy apologize for hitting on an engaged woman.

Maybe if she looked like a Victoria Secret model, but I'm guessing most severely obese women don't have every man they meet dropping at their feet.
I figured this was the crux of most people's disbelief but I didn't want to assume. There are more than a few obese woman who have this effect on men and there are more than a few men who find obese women hot. And again, there's a vibe to these women, it's hard to explain but it rarely has anything to do with physical appearance.

I figured this was the crux of most people's disbelief but I didn't want to assume. There are more than a few obese woman who have this effect on men and there are more than a few men who find obese women hot. And again, there's a vibe to these women, it's hard to explain but it rarely has anything to do with physical appearance.

My husband likes big girls..lucky for me <3

I made the same assumption as you.

Maybe if she looked like a Victoria Secret model, but I'm guessing most severely obese women don't have every man they meet dropping at their feet.

Highly, highly insulting.

I disagree that it's highly insulting. It is a fact that there is a large percentage of men who would never, ever consider for one moment dating Kate because of her weight, period. That's not to say that is all men or that Kate couldn't have a man fall at her feet.

The fact that she's not the supermodel type does increase my wariness of the Horse Whisperer.

I've had a guy basically saying he wanted to marry me when he didn't even know me yet. It was pretty odd to me, but it does happen, regardless of someone's size.

I disagree that it's highly insulting. It is a fact that there is a large percentage of men who would never, ever consider for one moment dating Kate because of her weight, period. That's not to say that is all men or that Kate couldn't have a man fall at her feet.

There are a lot of shallow men out there, this is true. However, Kate has met both of these men in weight loss groups where the men are attending for their own weight issues.

My husband likes big girls..lucky for me <3

I made the same assumption as you.
My sister has been obese her entire life and had no shortage of boyfriends back in the day. I can think of three right off the top of my head who were obsessed with her right from the beginning, like one kinda scary and one who I think to this day would drop his wife in a hot second if he thought she would have him. My DH probably prefers me much curvier than I currently am, many guys are wired that way.

There are a lot of shallow men out there, this is true. However, Kate has met both of these men in weight loss groups where the men are attending for their own weight issues.
And I wouldn't doubt that horse guy is there specifically for the women who come through there.

I'm not convinced that horse guy is really into her. I get the vibe that he just takes advantage of vulnerable fat chicks (of which I am one, LOL!) for the nooky. He knows just what to say to send them to his cabin looking for validation, comfort, etc. Maybe I'll be wrong and he will show some redeeming qualities.
I thought of this as well. It reminded me of "Dirty Dancing". Some of the staff hit on the guests; they were looking for easy hookups.

So, we've all seen that This is Us was picked up for 2 more 18 episode seasons. That leads me to believe that this first season also has 18 episodes. Last night was episode 13. How can there only be 5 episodes left between now and May??!?! We are going to be left with a lot of unanswered questions for months, I'm sure!

Do we know the Horse Whisperer is attending the camp, or is he employed there? I'm not understanding which it is yet.

As far as the fact that both of these men aren't buff Adonis types doesn't necessarily mean they are attracted to heavier women. I've seen that very often not be the case, in regards to weight and other physical attributes and the object of physical attraction. I used to work with a woman who struggled with her weight and was always pushing friends and acquaintances to set her up on dates. She was well known to walk away at parties if someone attempted to so much as introduce her to a man who appeared at all out of shape, let alone more than 10 pounds overweight. I know several times where it happened it was not even an attempt at introduction to fix her up because the man was married and his wife was at the party as well.

I've known plenty of people who are sticklers for a physical type they're attracted to, or adversely opposed to. Was in a conversation with a group of women a couple years ago where several women insisted X amount of body hair on a man was their absolute limit, more than that was a dealbreaker. One of them was a dark-haired Greek/Italian woman who struggled with her own body hair. Sometimes having a physical attribute makes people more accepting of those with that attribute, sometimes it seems to be a real turn off.

Horse guy doesn't come across as weird to me. He's just bold. I've had my share of men that have come on strong and I'm by no means a Victoria's Secret model. Far from it. It could be one of two things. He's into big girls or he's a douche that knows what to say to someone with low self esteem to get them into bed.

Horse guy doesn't come across as weird to me. He's just bold. I've had my share of men that have come on strong and I'm by no means a Victoria's Secret model. Far from it. It could be one of two things. He's into big girls or he's a douche that knows what to say to someone with low self esteem to get them into bed.
I'm going with the second option.

You've never had a guy come on strong right out of the gate before? I've literally had a guy tell me I was going to marry him within seconds of meeting him. And some women just give off that vibe. My SIL (adopted out as a baby) had her brothers, uncles and my FIL (not her father) wrapped around her pinky finger in about 2.2 seconds. Three of the four best friends I've had in my life would have guys instantaneously going in for the kill within minutes of meeting them. Have witnessed these interactions I don't find it implausible at all.

Maybe at a bar or something but it was always such a skeevy joke to me I would never have even considered it.

It isn't even really so much about Kate's weight (although let's stop acting like she's just obese, she's in a category called super obese which is beyond even morbidly obese) but they've barely even spoken to her before they're hooked. How can she possibly even give off a vibe if she's just standing around, or in the case of the horse dude, talking on her phone to someone else?

It just makes Horse dude look beyond creepy and yes, maybe a bit like a fetishist.

As far as the fact that both of these men aren't buff Adonis types doesn't necessarily mean they are attracted to heavier women. I've seen that very often not be the case, in regards to weight and other physical attributes and the object of physical attraction. I used to work with a woman who struggled with her weight and was always pushing friends and acquaintances to set her up on dates. She was well known to walk away at parties if someone attempted to so much as introduce her to a man who appeared at all out of shape, let alone more than 10 pounds overweight. I know several times where it happened it was not even an attempt at introduction to fix her up because the man was married and his wife was at the party as well.

You're right. I tend to hope that people going through those types of issues themselves would not behave that way, but I've seen it happen too. I tend to agree with the idea that horse dude is trying to take advantage of women with low self esteem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter