This weeks show!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The crying about last week’s show is really out of control. How dare the team have an opinion on something that directly involves Disney.

We’re adults. We should be able to listen to another adult say something that we don’t agree with, without freaking out.

The crying about last week’s show is really out of control. How dare the team have an opinion on something that directly involves Disney.

We’re adults. We should be able to listen to another adult say something that we don’t agree with, without freaking out.
i never cried about it, if anything i embrace the debate and find it entertaining. i was hoping they'd bring a lawyer or somebody from the other side on to actually debate these topics.

i do find it odd the threads keep getting locked up. if the show goes political you can't be shocked when your fans/people on your boards start chatting about it. c'mon now.

edit - well now there's a bigger top story because Pete just quit the weekly show going forward. my my. the drama.

Last edited:
I commented in the chat today and was accused on being a bigot and "threatening" according to Ryno. No one wants to listen to constructive criticism any more, they just want to attack you. In my opinion, the show last week was completely off the rails of what DISUnplugged is meant to be. I actually agreed with a lot of the points they had to make, but it went too far and was effectively bashing everyone who dared to disagree in any way. Craig tried to jump in to bring a bit of balance, but I think he was afraid of going against his friend, Ryno, which I completely understand.

I think the show without Pete moderating stands to suffer greatly. Obviously Pete is on the same side as the opinions last week, but he also understands that there is a time to reel it back in, so to speak. I could be totally wrong. I love the DIS, but apparently not liking the show from last week makes you a bad person...

i never cried about it, if anything i embrace the debate and find it entertaining. i was hoping they'd bring a lawyer or somebody from the other side on to actually debate these topics.

i do find it odd the threads keep getting locked up. if the show goes political you can't be shocked when your fans/people on your boards start chatting about it. c'mon now.

edit - well now there's a bigger top story because Pete just quit the weekly show going forward. my my. the drama.

Regarding Pete's departure, we'll see how it goes and how much the show changes. Will it truly go back to its original mission, as Pete said, and become a show focused more on trip planning? Time will tell. I just hope shows don't regularly devolve into the debacle that was last week's show. Pete's long-standing policy or preference (although it seems like he is backing off it) to keep politics out of the show was always well-advised. If Chapek had followed the one correct instinct he had during his tenure, and similarly kept away from politics, things at TWDC (as well as the Dis/Dis Unplugged/DisBoards) would be much better off and less contentious today.

I hope Pete will be willing to sit in on the panel occasionally, especially when there is a big news item to discuss along the lines of the Chapek out/Iger back in bombshell. I respect his self-awareness (for lack of a better term), when it comes to his lack of passion for the parks and how he feels it is time for him to step away. Ironically however, part of what makes Pete such a good host is at times removing passion from the discussion and looking at whatever they are talking about from the business person's perspective or to try to see it from Disney's perspective instead of just the emotional fan's perspective. And who knows...Iger came back, maybe Pete will also someday!

Last edited:

Pete's leaving and he made the comment that sums up what the Tuesday show has become perfectly:

"The show has gotten far away from what it used to be, traveling and planning Disney World".

Couldn't have said it any better Pete.

I know this thread will eventually get closed (as usual), but I wish Pete the best in his next area of the DIS company! You are the Captain! You'll know how to steer this ship! Best of luck.

I commented in the chat today and was accused on being a bigot and "threatening" according to Ryno. No one wants to listen to constructive criticism any more, they just want to attack you. In my opinion, the show last week was completely off the rails of what DISUnplugged is meant to be. I actually agreed with a lot of the points they had to make, but it went too far and was effectively bashing everyone who dared to disagree in any way. Craig tried to jump in to bring a bit of balance, but I think he was afraid of going against his friend, Ryno, which I completely understand.

I think the show without Pete moderating stands to suffer greatly. Obviously Pete is on the same side as the opinions last week, but he also understands that there is a time to reel it back in, so to speak. I could be totally wrong. I love the DIS, but apparently not liking the show from last week makes you a bad person...
You explained what I was thinking perfectly. I agreed with several of the points they were making but the delivery was just awful.

We haven’t watched Pete’s big announcement yet. My husband and I usually watch the show after dinner on Tuesday’s.
I went to look at the comments last week and every single one of them was supportive. I have zero problem with them deleting comments that are bigoted or offensive in some way but deleting comments that just disagreed with what they were saying is way overboard.

If the new format without Pete is like last weeks show then we will be skipping it for now on. That is not a threat or a boycott of any kind, I am just not into one sided conversations like last weeks. We will watch next weeks and see how it goes.

I know this thread will eventually get closed (as usual), but I wish Pete the best in his next area of the DIS company! You are the Captain! You'll know how to steer this ship! Best of luck.
I get why you say this and it is frustrating because right now, as we speak, is one of the most controversial and interesting times in the history of this show.

I didn't watch last week's show -- more because I live in FL and am tired of hearing about attacks against my community. It wears one down. I probably agreed with the team and less with everyone who had a problem with what was said.

The show merged a bit from Parks to 'General Disney News', and as someone who has not gone to the Parks in years, it was ok to listen to, but I was more interested in the business aspects discussed and hearing Pete's thoughts.

I'll still tune into the DVC/DCL/Dining shows, but I don't need the weekly anymore, and that's okay.

Last edited:
Disney has ruined the Disney that most of us had grown to love. The love of Disney helped us all put other things to the side and we all just shared our love of Disney, but now everything is a political knife fight where if you don't choose a side you are bad. I'm so sick of it. The Podcast has mirrored this change in the world as well.

Disney has ruined the Disney that most of us had grown to love. The love of Disney helped us all put other things to the side and we all just shared our love of Disney, but now everything is a political knife fight where if you don't choose a side you are bad. I'm so sick of it. The Podcast has mirrored this change in the world as well.
Disney hasn’t done anything differently to what they have done in the past. The political environment changed.

This entire issue should have been dead a year ago but all the RCID games have kept it in the news.

Bigotry is not constructive criticism. It's bigotry.

The show can be whatever they want it to be. They do not owe anyone a specific type of show. Plenty of “park planning” shows out there… There are not many YouTube channels with panel Disney discussions on a variety of topics like this. Keep up the good work!

You explained what I was thinking perfectly. I agreed with several of the points they were making but the delivery was just awful.

We haven’t watched Pete’s big announcement yet. My husband and I usually watch the show after dinner on Tuesday’s.
I went to look at the comments last week and every single one of them was supportive. I have zero problem with them deleting comments that are bigoted or offensive in some way but deleting comments that just disagreed with what they were saying is way overboard.

If the new format without Pete is like last weeks show then we will be skipping it for now on. That is not a threat or a boycott of any kind, I am just not into one sided conversations like last weeks. We will watch next weeks and see how it goes.
I do not think this makes you bad or awful, or threatening at all. I think it makes you reasonable to have an opinion as well. In the back of my mind, I really feel that Craig will step up
Bigotry is not constructive criticism. It's bigotry.
Agreed. But it’s really tired to just say bigotry if someone doesn’t agree with a certain point of view. I agreed with a lot of what they had to say. But a lot of it went to far and strayed from what I perceive the DisUnplugged to be about. Maybe I am wrong, but that doesn’t make me a bigot. Nor anyone else who feels that way. That’s lazy….

I haven’t listened or watched any as I’m behind but is Pete still involved in Dream Unlimited?

I know it must’ve been a tough decision for him but I hope he returns periodically

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter