This weeks show!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete's leaving and he made the comment that sums up what the Tuesday show has become perfectly:

"The show has gotten far away from what it used to be, traveling and planning Disney World".

Couldn't have said it any better Pete.

I know this thread will eventually get closed (as usual), but I wish Pete the best in his next area of the DIS company! You are the Captain! You'll know how to steer this ship! Best of luck.

This is why I actually like the show. I enjoy listening to the opinions, especially in the current environment. Hopefully someone will step up and take over with the fire takes that Pete always never had any issue making. If it just reverts to being a bland podcast sharing Disney news and beginning planning tips then I'll find something else to listen to once a week.

I personally loved last week's show. Have not had a chance to listen to this week's yet so will see how it goes.

I was happy to see Pete support his team on their show last week. As I said in another thread, I appreciated the crew being willing to open up and share their feelings and their passion on contemporary topics that directly affect their lives. “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” – Archbishop Tutu. Disney is a corporation making billions and can handle itself, but that certain groups of people are facing legal oppression in Florida, as a result of bigotry and culture war politics, is not "a opinion", but verifiable. Ignoring wrong because "it's not your business" is just as bad as supporting it.

I will miss Pete's rants, maybe I'll subscribe to them through Patreon.

Last edited:
I think we can all agree that the fight between DeSantis and Disney has gotten comically dumb, no matter which side of the issue you are on. I also think that we can agree that there are definitely two sides/opinions/beliefs regarding the situation. I strongly feel that we have to either leave the politics out of it, for a travel show, or give equal credence to each side of the argument.

Pete actually hit the nail on the head. I originally was a faithful listener, however the show became less and less about trip planning and the parks, and more about Disney in general, Their in park/resort/dining content has been surpassed in quantity and quality by other more informed vloggers (MR Morrow for instance) then add in the consistent agenda pushing, yea I'm out .

If you don’t want to listen to the show anymore- don’t. Clearly Pete supports his team and what they said. Honestly this whole thing where certain people feel the need to announce their departure, but still hang around the message board that Pete provides for everybody is a little much. Either you support what they stand for or you don’t.

Sort of like if you’re backing the war against Disney but still going to Disney; it kind of sends a mixed message…

I think there is a lot of conflating of issues going on. I really think people can be of two minds regarding Desantis vs. Disney. I love Disney and will continue to go, but to pretend that Reedy Creek has been a wholly independent improvement district because Disney tried to be clever is a bit much. I am uncomfortable with any corporation trying to exercise power over elected governments. My main complaint over the last few episodes has been the near-constant refrain that Disney was just exercising their 1st Amendment right to Free Speech as a corporation. If that was the case, then, hey, point made and taken. However, one then cannot say (which Bob Iger did on a shareholder call) that Disney is being retaliated against because Florida is trying to dissolve Reedy Creek. If Reedy Creek is independent, how is that retaliation against Disney? I think we all know the answer, but it would at least be nice if this was even brought up. I will give Craig props on attempting to bring this point up when he referenced self-dealing, as I think that is the real heart of the matter.

It is my sincere belief that Disney and the new Board would have smoothed things over, as a healthy relationship between the State of Florida and Disney is beneficial for all. However, the cute legal maneuvering needlessly escalated the situation to comic levels.

It is my sincere belief that Disney and the new Board would have smoothed things over, as a healthy relationship between the State of Florida and Disney is beneficial for all. However, the cute legal maneuvering needlessly escalated the situation to comic levels.
I think that is pretty naive. This board was hand selected by the governor to punish Disney and they would put their positions at risk by going against that.

I think that is pretty naive. This board was hand selected by the governor to punish Disney and they would put their positions at risk by going against that.
Everyone needed to save face politically, it would have been old news in a matter of weeks, and both sides could have claimed victory. I have never bought into the payback narrative, as Disney still is incredibly important to Florida. Also, don't forget, Disney and Desantis got along very well during 2020, working actively together to get opened back up.

Cracks me up how people will announce on a message board that they don’t like people making announcements on a message board, unless it’s an announcement they agree with then it’s totally fine.

And all this you are for us or against us. Or you are for Disney or against them is strange to me. It’s impossible to find anyone or any group/business/podcast where you agree with them 100% on every single issue.

Pr
I was happy to see Pete support his team on their show last week. As I said in another thread, I appreciated the crew being willing to open up and share their feelings and their passion on contemporary topics that directly affect their lives. “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” – Archbishop Tutu. Disney is a corporation making billions and can handle itself, but that certain groups of people are facing legal oppression in Florida, as a result of bigotry and culture war politics, is not "a opinion", but verifiable. Ignoring wrong because "it's not your business" is just as bad as supporting it.

I will miss Pete's rants, maybe I'll subscribe to them through Patreon.
Problem nowadays is, most of the supposed injustices are made up and not based in any reality but are just propagated by a dishonest media. So all the phony outrage and grievances that come from the manufactured "injustices" are not going to be taken seriously by people capable of independent and intelligent thought.

Pr

Problem nowadays is, most of the supposed injustices are made up and not based in any reality but are just propagated by a dishonest media. So all the phony outrage and grievances that come from the manufactured "injustices" are not going to be taken seriously by people capable of independent and intelligent thought.

Inequality and injustice is a very real and objectively measurable thing, and often quite obvious. List out a few of this "made up" injustices and then do an objective deep dive through the Associated Press and Reuters and chances are you'll find the real life struggle behind them. Some people just choose to deny inequality and undermine other voices because they are afraid they'll forfeit any of their own benefits from a status quo. And some people make a lot of money by picking a scapegoat and rallying up the pitchforks. It's sad how easy it is to convince others people not to try and understand and help those that are different from themselves.

Last edited:
You talked of oppression in your
List out a few of this "made up" injustices and then do an objective deep dive through the Associated Press and Reuters and chances are you'll find the real life struggle behind them.
You talked of oppression in your previous post. When you hear people such as LeBron James - probably among the 0.25% of the wealthiest people on the planet claiming they are oppressed, it's laughable (and extremely sad at the same time). This perverse mentality has thoroughly invaded far too much of our society.

Way too many people today can't wait to claim to be victims of some sort, and blame others or "society" as a whole anytime they face adversity or have something bad happen to them. Life is tough - for everyone. Many times, it downright sucks. Stop blaming everyone else and claiming injustices. It is likely not anyone else's fault. Deal with it like an adult, pull up your boot straps, and put in the effort to make things better.

Disney is a corporation making billions and can handle itself, but that certain groups of people are facing legal oppression in Florida, as a result of bigotry and culture war politics, is not "a opinion", but verifiable. Ignoring wrong because "it's not your business" is just as bad as supporting it.
Since it is "verifiable", can you please verify with actual facts? Who is facing legal oppression, and in what way exactly?

Everyone needed to save face politically, it would have been old news in a matter of weeks, and both sides could have claimed victory. I have never bought into the payback narrative, as Disney still is incredibly important to Florida. Also, don't forget, Disney and Desantis got along very well during 2020, working actively together to get opened back up.
DeSantis was going to use this "win" to further his political career for the next 2+ years. He was never going to fall out of the news cycle.

You talked of oppression in your previous post. When you hear people such as LeBron James - probably among the 0.25% of the wealthiest people on the planet claiming they are oppressed, it's laughable (and extremely sad at the same time). This perverse mentality has thoroughly invaded far too much of our society.

Way too many people today can't wait to claim to be victims of some sort, and blame others or "society" as a whole anytime they face adversity or have something bad happen to them. Life is tough - for everyone. Many times, it downright sucks. Stop blaming everyone else and claiming injustices. It is likely not anyone else's fault. Deal with it like an adult, pull up your boot straps, and put in the effort to make things better.
There aren't "boot straps" to pull up when you are being discriminated against due to your race/gender/etc. Those are forward facing characteristics that you cannot hide.

Example: A doctor at my mom's practice gets pulled over at least once a month. Every time it's a short conversation where he mentions he's on his way to the hospital/office and the cops let him go. His crime is driving a nice car while black. You can have all the money in the world and you can still have your time wasted by police that are profiling you.

DeSantis was going to use this "win" to further his political career for the next 2+ years. He was never going to fall out of the news cycle.

There aren't "boot straps" to pull up when you are being discriminated against due to your race/gender/etc. Those are forward facing characteristics that you cannot hide.

Example: A doctor at my mom's practice gets pulled over at least once a month. Every time it's a short conversation where he mentions he's on his way to the hospital/office and the cops let him go. His crime is driving a nice car while black. You can have all the money in the world and you can still have your time wasted by police that are profiling you.

Exactly. A Black man I work with in our professional office recently had a neighbor call police on him. His crime? He was unloading his moving van into the home he was moving into. He was pulled over for expired tags recently and had to sit on the side of the road with his hands on his head. We work closely with law enforcement in my career and consider them partners. And I can say none of this has ever happened to my husband of I, both white folks, in the same community (and my husband was pulled over for expired tags last week-he got a gentle warning and a have a nice day, sir).

Example: A doctor at my mom's practice gets pulled over at least once a month. Every time it's a short conversation where he mentions he's on his way to the hospital/office and the cops let him go.

A short conversation and they let him go? This is amazing. I heard on the news that this almost never happens. Reassuring to say the least.

Example: A doctor at my mom's practice gets pulled over at least once a month. Every time it's a short conversation where he mentions he's on his way to the hospital/office and the cops let him go. His crime is driving a nice car while black. You can have all the money in the world and you can still have your time wasted by police that are profiling you
I disagree with this assessment. Although to be fair, I have seen some anecdotal polling to suggest that this may help Desantis gain national recognition. The longer this drags out (Dinsey now suing and naming Desantis in the suit) it is not good for anyone. Desantis is now beginning to get political pushback from his own party hoping for this to wind down as it is beginning to seem silly.

The whole thing stinks because I will always love Walt Disney World, but I am not blind to the fact that their selective outrage on some issues, while completely ignoring others, is so blatantly hypocritical that it rises to levels of parody.

The same can obviously be said about Desantis's position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter