Those going next week, what's your plan for the cold?

We will be there next week. Any suggestions on what to pack? For warm weather or cold weather?
Thanks!

We will be there next week. Any suggestions on what to pack? For warm weather or cold weather?
Thanks
We will also be there next week, and right now the weather looks good - low 70's most day. We've been in January before and layers are your best friend. It's quite chilly in the mornings and evenings, and damp which can make it feel colder than you'd think. We usually wear pants or capris, short sleeve tee, hoodie (a nice thick one), and then a rain jacket or windbreaker over the top. You can then shed layers as needed.

My plan is DWI (Deal with it). I mean it's cold where I live and we managed at our local park riding rides. Suck it up.

Our trip is coming up and we are arriving this Saturday evening. Sadly, it's going to be VERY cold this weekend with temps in the 40s and low 50s on Saturday and Sunday. I'm in Michigan and right now it's cloudy and 40 degrees and I have zero desire to be walking around outside. I'm trying to tell myself that if I was at the Magic Kingdom I'd feel differently... but cold is cold.

Perhaps we should wait until it gets a little warmer later in the week before venturing out to any parks? Any ideas on things to do outside of the parks that are indoors this Sunday?

Our trip is coming up and we are arriving this Saturday evening. Sadly, it's going to be VERY cold this weekend with temps in the 40s and low 50s on Saturday and Sunday. I'm in Michigan and right now it's cloudy and 40 degrees and I have zero desire to be walking around outside. I'm trying to tell myself that if I was at the Magic Kingdom I'd feel differently... but cold is cold.

Perhaps we should wait until it gets a little warmer later in the week before venturing out to any parks? Any ideas on things to do outside of the parks that are indoors this Sunday?
Your question has been merged with a thread discussing Disney in cold weather as there have been a good number of cold days in the past month. Hopefully some helpful information here.

We were at Disney late Jan in 2022 and the temps were in the 30's and 40's our first 2 days. We're from Ontario so used to similar weather as you. We layered up and had a great time! Unless it was scheduled to be cold and rainy, we would go to the parks.

A number of the attractions are inside so there is time out of the cold too.

I would see that as the possible lows, not the all day temperatures. I can remember mornings when I had to scrape fluffy frost of my windshield and by noon had the AC on. It depends on the wind really, but in all my years of going there during the winter months I can remember only one day where I needed a windbreaker all day and that was close to not being enough. I'm sure if you bring a couple of sweatshirts you will be fine and probably not need them. High winds and rain are the only real problems. Evening is the chilliest time of the day there.

It was 41 degrees when I woke up this morning, I'm about 50 miles west on I-4 from Disney. It's 80 right now in the afternoon and the sun is very warm. January is always a crapshoot for weather, last year it dropped into the 20s when we were camping at Ft Wilderness, but I would not change any trip plans. Just pack a variety of clothes to cover the temps, day to day could change.

It was 41 degrees when I woke up this morning, I'm about 50 miles west on I-4 from Disney. It's 80 right now in the afternoon and the sun is very warm. January is always a crapshoot for weather, last year it dropped into the 20s when we were camping at Ft Wilderness, but I would not change any trip plans. Just pack a variety of clothes to cover the temps, day to day could change.
Lol. We go often in January. One time they had record lows,.like the most days consistently below freezing. It was wild, we had to cover up in blankets to watch fireworks. Another time? Record highs, almost 90. We leave in 12 days for our next trip and haven't even started packing because we want to wait till it gets closer to figure it out.

Still one of my favorite times of the year to go.

We were there the last week of January last year and started and ended the day with hoodies, with short sleeves underneath. Planning to do the same next week when we go back!

Layers...as many have mentioned here are your friend! Pack what you think you'll need, cold weather gear on property is heinously expensive....

We were there in October and one of our park days was very cold (I'm from Colorado - it really was cold!). Like others said, layers, but specifically this is what worked for me. I wore bike shorts with sweatpants layered on top, a tshirt, spirit jersey, and rain jacket. In the afternoon, the sun came out and it warmed up a bit and I took off the rain jacket and sweatpants for a couple hours. The layers worked great and I was comfortable all day.

We’ll be there starting Monday and our strategy for cold Orlando is layers in the AM (and a day bag to fit them in as the day warms up) to stay warm in rope drop/EE queues. The layers may come back out in the evenings. Layers are usually hoodie and a light jacket/windbreaker. If things look grim we’d also have gloves and a hat to protect ears and fingers.

If I am traveling November-April I always bring a coat, ear muffs and gloves, just in case. I get chilled.

I remember one January when it was in the 30s-40s. I had on all my gear and was comfortable, but I saw people in shorts and flip flops.

Friday night 1/13 was very rough, because of the wind more than the temps. Once I got my windbreaker I was much more comfortable. Saturday was also chilly, particularly in the morning but midday wasn't too bad. I layered a tshirt, hoodie and windbreaker and was quite comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter