• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Those using swagbucks ???

I did search this thread before asking, and googled it, but cannot find an answer.

What is swagup?

Basically, a Swagup is a swagbucks rebate. After you purchase a gift card, you get your swagup added back to your account.

Does the Ngage slow anyone elses computer down?

I can't tell if my wifi is bad or it's just running the Ngage in the background.

For those the get points from searching - do you just randomly type in a bunch of search terms until you get points and then do that a few times a day? Or do you just search when you are actually searching for something or going to a new website?

I can't seem to get much either way, so I just wondered what worked for others. Maybe I'm not doing it for long enough??

Does the Ngage slow anyone elses computer down?

I can't tell if my wifi is bad or it's just running the Ngage in the background.

I'm guessing it depends on how 'robust' your computer is. The less horsepower it has under the hood, the more you're going to notice these things in the background slowing things down. A really new computer with lots of RAM can run 5 or 6 things at once and still feel responsive and perky. An old computer with a slow CPU and not much RAM can choke trying to do more than 1 thing at a time.

For those the get points from searching - do you just randomly type in a bunch of search terms until you get points and then do that a few times a day? Or do you just search when you are actually searching for something or going to a new website?

I can't seem to get much either way, so I just wondered what worked for others. Maybe I'm not doing it for long enough??
The former. I search three times a day. First thing in the morning, at lunch, and at dinner. I just put in random stuff. For some reason the last two days I've only gotten sb for searching twice--never had that problem before.

I'm guessing it depends on how 'robust' your computer is. The less horsepower it has under the hood, the more you're going to notice these things in the background slowing things down. A really new computer with lots of RAM can run 5 or 6 things at once and still feel responsive and perky. An old computer with a slow CPU and not much RAM can choke trying to do more than 1 thing at a time.
I don't have a problem running multiple programs. I know it's not my computer, i was just curious if anyone else had the problem if it's just me it's obviously the wifi i'm connected to

The former. I search three times a day. First thing in the morning, at lunch, and at dinner. I just put in random stuff. For some reason the last two days I've only gotten sb for searching twice--never had that problem before.

Thanks! That's what I was trying too, but I wasn't getting anything. I'll keep at it though. This is just my second day trying.

Thanks! That's what I was trying too, but I wasn't getting anything. I'll keep at it though. This is just my second day trying.
I used to have no problem. I'd always get something eventually during those three times. Now I can search at 4 am and try again at noon and 100 searches won't give me a win. Not sure why.

When you redeem points for your next gift card you automatically get the SB swag up. They recently had a birthday challenge and the winners got 100 sb swag up, losers got a 50sb swag up. I redeemed points for a Target gift card this morning and then immediately got credited my 50 sb for being a loser lol.

Basically, a Swagup is a swagbucks rebate. After you purchase a gift card, you get your swagup added back to your account.

Hmmmmm... ok thank you. I have redeemed for 2 GC's so far and I just went back and looked and don't see anything like that. Do they list in on the "activity" area?

nCraves have been working well for me today! I had a 4 SB Food one for a long time this morning (that played car videos?). I'm down to 2 and 3 SB ones now. I really like the Gadget Review and Luxury Vehicle ones, those are super quick!

I saw a 20 min survey for 2,000 SB. I wasn't quick enough to get in, but I hope someone here did!!

nCraves have been working well for me today! I had a 4 SB Food one for a long time this morning (that played car videos?). I'm down to 2 and 3 SB ones now. I really like the Gadget Review and Luxury Vehicle ones, those are super quick!

aaaaaand I jixned it. Sorry guys.

99% of my computer programs use wifi to operate and the added strain of the Ngage just forced everything else to go at snail pace.

To me, there's a difference between something chewing up all your bandwidth and something "slowing your computer down".

It sounds like you're comfortable in what your situation is, so I'll let it drop.

Hmmmmm... ok thank you. I have redeemed for 2 GC's so far and I just went back and looked and don't see anything like that. Do they list in on the "activity" area?

Go to your "my SB" on the drop down menu on top right corner. It would say: "Other: Swag Up: Birthday Bash Team Challenge" right after the gift card points are taken away. You had to join the challenge on the 25th and get enough points (200) in the challenge that day and depending on what team you were on you got 100 SB or 50SB.

This just happened with mine as well.

I redeemed a giftcard today and my Swagup did not credit. When I looked at the Swagup section it said applied. I wrote on the Facebook wall. Valerie commented and told me to pm my email address to her and she credited it manually.

I use Bing for my search terms. They hav a bar for trending news stories. I click on each one and copy the search term to swagbucks. Plus I am getting Bing rewards when I do it. You are signed up for Bing Rewards, right?

Here is a screenshot of the Swagup when I redeemed for my GC today
upload_2016-3-1_16-23-25.png

I use Bing for my search terms. They hav a bar for trending news stories. I click on each one and copy the search term to swagbucks. Plus I am getting Bing rewards when I do it. You are signed up for Bing Rewards, right?

Thanks for the idea. I am signed up for Bing although I haven't done it in awhile. I should probably start doing it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter