Thoughts on 3rd vs 4th week of September?

SarahInMN

Drink your wine with a cheerful heart
We are usually late October F&W people. This year (long story) we went late September/early October.

We want to get a 3rd trip out of our APs and TiW in 2020. Looking at crowd calendars and historical weather it looks like a wash and Rosh Hashanah falls on Sat/Sun next year so NY/NJ public schools won’t be an issue like this year crowd wise.

We have 2 different 10 day blocks to pick from. I am no doubt overthinking it but is there a huge weather/crowd difference between 9/12 thru 9/21 vs 9/19 thru 9/28?

Thanks in advance!

We’ve been both weeks and see a little bit better crowds on the first of the two, you just start getting some fall break guests the next weeks...

No matter what, it will be hot and still rainy season and during hurricane season.

Thanks! I was leaning towards the earlier dates for slightly better crowds. But yes weather the same!

We usually always stay the last week of September. The temps tend to drop down into the 80's. Manageable crowds. Airfare is cheaper. We love going this time of year.

Love going is late September. Crowds are lower. FW if now open in September. Only negative is it is Hurricane Season.

We just did the third week of September. We lucked out with 7 days with no rain and hot but not excruciatingly so afternoons. Mornings and evenings were very pleasant.

Weather is similar, hot, humid, and with like rain and hurricane risk. We have found the third week to be less crowded than the last week in Sep. Crowds build in that last week to more like October level by the second half of the week, still manageable but not as easy as third week. The last time we were there third week of Sep was last year. No real crowds and many rides had 15 minute or less stand-by lines.

I booked 9/12 through 9/21! It may be hot but hopefully favorable crowds!

Thanks!!

See you on Main Street. We will arrive September 11. My only must do our next trip will be CG Brunch.

Just a thought regarding the heat which is still brutal and humid...bring a flexible cold/hot pack (WM or $ store) in your checked luggage and throw in the freezer. It is not ice, so hopefully, Disney security doesn't take it (I'm going to try next week). I have a small insulated lunch bag to put it in, in my backpack. Put it on the back of your neck for a few minutes of bliss and it really does cool your body down, repeat until it thaws. Enjoy your trip!

I would agree that you are probably over thinking it. Weather should be the same with either option. I wish I was going one of those weeks so I could tell you to choose the other. I have a history of picking bad weeks. Hopefully whatever you pick works out well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter