• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thoughts on Lowball Offer

So what is a solid low ball offer on HHI 50 point contract currently listed at $85pp? With no banked points, no points till 2021?

So what is a solid low ball offer on HHI 50 point contract currently listed at $85pp? With no banked points, no points till 2021?

lovin'fl (seller)---$80-$2227-25-HH-Aug-0/19, 25/20, 25/21- sent 6/16, passed 7/27

This was one of three that went through our ROFR this quarter.

I would probably try $12-15 lower but if you really want it, higher than that. ;)

So where does one go to find an $85 BCV.....inquiring minds want to know. :flower3:
This was a long time ago...keep in mind I have been a member for around 11 or 12 years. 85 per point was standard for BC back then. It dropped as did everything else with the real estate bubble burst from around 2010 to around 2013.

85$ pp for BC would be really nice. I love this resort but find it way too pricey.
So where does one go to find an $85 BCV.....inquiring minds want to know. :flower3:
Lol 2004. Or a timeshare dumping site whose focus isn’t DVC.
So if you happen to see a BCV contract floating around at $85pp, I'm sure it's a scam. Just come here and let me know, because I work for... er...the scam police. I'll make sure to take the contract that contract never hurts anyone again!

This was a long time ago...keep in mind I have been a member for around 11 or 12 years. 85 per point was standard for BC back then. It dropped as did everything else with the real estate bubble burst from around 2010 to around 2013.
Oh, that is what you meant by "a while ago." I thought you meant a couple months ago. :rotfl:

I remember those BCV prices--we picked up our BWV for $70 at the same time.

Last edited:
I can't remember who was looking for a VGC contract, just saw a new post for a 160pt for $215 with 315 available now, no idea if that's good or not......never took much interest in non WDW

I am thinking about putting in an offer for a 150pt SSR contract but getting nervous about Disney maybe taking it... It has 200 points for 2020 (50 were banked from 2019) 150 points for 2021... They are asking 97 per point. This looks like a good price per point, but when adding in the closing costs and MF the price per point jumps. I was thinking about saying I'll pay the 97 per point but request the seller pays the closing costs and MF for 2020. Does it look better when the buyer pays for the closing costs and the MF?

I am thinking about putting in an offer for a 150pt SSR contract but getting nervous about Disney maybe taking it... It has 200 points for 2020 (50 were banked from 2019) 150 points for 2021... They are asking 97 per point. This looks like a good price per point, but when adding in the closing costs and MF the price per point jumps. I was thinking about saying I'll pay the 97 per point but request the seller pays the closing costs and MF for 2020. Does it look better when the buyer pays for the closing costs and the MF?
No. Does not matter

Very off point, but is the expectation that real estate prices will start to decline over the coming year or so in Orlando as a result of Covid? One would think that with the number of vacation homes and rental properties that there are that these will be one of the first things that get sold when money is tight.

Very off point, but is the expectation that real estate prices will start to decline over the coming year or so in Orlando as a result of Covid? One would think that with the number of vacation homes and rental properties that there are that these will be one of the first things that get sold when money is tight.

I would think its directly related to COVID19 and people needing to sell as with some of these the math only made sense if they could rent it out.

DVC is slightly different but will likely see a decrease in price as well. Big difference though between vacation home and DVC or on vs off property.

I would think its directly related to COVID19 and people needing to sell as with some of these the math only made sense if they could rent it out.

DVC is slightly different but will likely see a decrease in price as well. Big difference though between vacation home and DVC or on vs off property.
If they go to a paid express pass system, an off-site vacation home, condo or timeshare could make much more sense.

If they go to a paid express pass system, an off-site vacation home, condo or timeshare could make much more sense.
This is one of the things that has kept me from pulling the trigger yet. People who know what they’re talking about and have great track records are posting that they are pretty darn sure that Fastpass+ is never ever coming back. I have to know what the on-site benefits are going to be moving forward.

Zero chance that onsite/DVC does not get access to that in some manner that is more advantageous over off-site. It could be inclusive "lite" version where you get 1 per ride each day or possibly 3 rides of choice with no reload. It could be a heavily discounted "full" version where its unlimited.

Universal Orlando shows the policy and I think anything that Deluxe Resorts get DVC is going to get as well. Now it might not be a Blue Card benefit because I can see it being pushed in to MFs in some manner.

Remember if every single Deluxe+DVC room is filled and has like 3-4 people in it you are only talking about 16% of the average daily attendance at WDW. Might be off by a couple percent as it was back in like May that I last did it when talking about reopening limits and hotels being limited at opening (before it was even announced).

This is one of the things that has kept me from pulling the trigger yet. People who know what they’re talking about and have great track records are posting that they are pretty darn sure that Fastpass+ is never ever coming back. I have to know what the on-site benefits are going to be moving forward.
Our trip in a liitle less than three weeks staying at BCV was planned to be our test ride before buying DVC when we booked it back in October. So much has changed sine then it really makes sense now for us to hold off until we see what happens on both the FP+ front and to see what happens with prices as we get closer to dues time.

Plus, not even sure I can justify paying a premium for BCV anymore in my mind. Even though me and my wife have jobs that are reasonably recession proof, the economic situation has changed what I feel comfortable justifying cost wise. Now the numbers that tell me places like Poly, BLT and SSR are the better options carry more weight than the things that pull me toward BCV. Same reasons off-site could end up being the best option depending on the details of a future ride reservation/pass system.

Same reasons off-site could end up being the best option depending on the details of a future ride reservation/pass system.

Reason #1 they will not replace it with some massive benefit for onsite guests.

I could see them destroying the current system simply to remove the good neighbor hotels from the process and making actual on-site the value again.

Reason #1 they will not replace it with some massive benefit for onsite guests.

I could see them destroying the current system simply to remove the good neighbor hotels from the process and making actual on-site the value again.
They charge good neighbor hotels for the current system.

They blow up the current system they are going to replace it with a system that they believe will make them much more money and that will involve on site guests paying more one way or another. My guess is Disney thinks the pull of the Disney bubble is strong enough not to lose enough on site guests despite putting an even greater cost burden on them to keep a similar experience while pulling in money they currently don’t get from off site guests. I have seen enough people on here that feel that strongly about staying in the bubble to believe that Disney May just be correct in that assumption.

They charge good neighbor hotels for the current system.

They blow up the current system they are going to replace it with a system that they believe will make them much more money and that will involve on site guests paying more one way or another. My guess is Disney thinks the pull of the Disney bubble is strong enough not to lose enough on site guests despite putting an even greater cost burden on them to keep a similar experience while pulling in money they currently don’t get from off site guests. I have seen enough people on here that feel that strongly about staying in the bubble to believe that Disney May just be correct in that assumption.

Except I highly doubt they get paid enough to deal with having half empty hotels. It makes sense when your hotels are packed not when they will running at 50% capacity or completely closed.

Also Disney is not dumb they understand the Disney bubble is tied to these "free" benefits that sets it apart from the vacation rental 5 mins away. They don't want to compete even more with the hotel down the road where the nightly rate is $50 because they are desperate for guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter