Thoughts on Lowball Offer

https://www.****************.com/dvc_listing/saratoga-springs-100-pts-october-use-year-ssr11101/
Haven’t heard of this site before but if someone is interested it’s $105 for 100 points, could be worth a punt?
UPDATE: I did finally talk to the broker. They are a new reseller as OP's suggested and very nice. I'd feel comfortable buying from them if their prices for the contracts we were interested in were more market friendly. As usual I did my homework but we weren't even close on price so I'm moving on. I just wanted to be fair even though the website is blocked out for those that already have it in their favorites.

I see the filter has now blocked this site, so maybe it was new to DISboard moderators as well.
First impressions don’t sound promising
They pretty blatantly broke the board rules. I wouldn’t necessarily assume that reflects on anything else though.

It is pretty interesting what people are saying about dvc Resale Market because we have put in 2 offers there over the last few years and both times they were not given to the sellers. Instead a broker called us and said we need to go higher. They were not exactly low ball offers either. We ended up going elsewhere. I agree that sellers should be given offers to reject themselves

It is pretty interesting what people are saying about dvc Resale Market because we have put in 2 offers there over the last few years and both times they were not given to the sellers. Instead a broker called us and said we need to go higher. They were not exactly low ball offers either. We ended up going elsewhere. I agree that sellers should be given offers to reject themselves

I bought a contract through them a few years ago and found them very easy to deal with. I gave a low-ball offer which they presented to the seller, but it was rejected. We eventually agreed on a price $10 higher than my original offer and it was smooth sailing from there. I find their website one of the best to navigate.

I have bought and sold through www.dvcsales.com, and I really like their setup. As a seller you can set a minimum price you'll accept, and if someone offers less their system automatically tells them it's too low.

...And this knowledge was good to have when I bought later on, because I was able to offer on a contract and increase my offer by $1 until I found the minimum that went through to the seller.

I bought a contract through them a few years ago and found them very easy to deal with. I gave a low-ball offer which they presented to the seller, but it was rejected. We eventually agreed on a price $10 higher than my original offer and it was smooth sailing from there. I find their website one of the best to navigate.
Oh, I do agree, it's one of my favorites to navigate, and if I were a seller, I very well may appreciate their unwillingness to let buyers make low offers. But as a buyer, I get frustrated when they refuse to even present an offer to a seller that was an offer price I literally had bought a contract on just a few months before. I much prefer to engage with brokers who make me *feel* that they're looking out for my interests as much as the sellers. I have bought with them before, but it was admittedly a low point contract that I was willing to make a full price offer on. Admittedly, I got a little soured when I was making that offer on the 100-point GCV contract - I put in an offer, was told it was too low, but that the seller would accept an offer at X, decided to offer at X but requested seller pay 2020 MFs, and then they came back with the seller demanded HIGHER and I pay MFs, and when I asked why I got countered at a higher price point, found out that the broker hadn't even talked to the seller or presented my offer when they said "they'd accept X," that was just what the seller had noted was the minimum they'd sell at. I'm pretty sad to have lost that contract since they're so rare, but not sad to have paid the huge price being asked for it, admittedly.

We didn’t think anything negative about it at the time and we did not have a bad experience with them. For us, it just made more sense to go elsewhere where we could get the same thing at a lower price. I just thought it was interesting in light of other people’s experiences. We also like their website, but the bottom line for us is cost with dvc. We have submitted three offers with other brokers and all of them were accepted by the seller immediately. We have never gone real lowball. The lowest we have ever bid was $10 below asking, but we have never bid on a contract that was priced really high either. So far we have paid closing costs but do not reimburse for banked points or member fees already paid. The way I look at that is it is possible we won’t get to use those points if the closing stretches out or things are booked when we are able to travel before those points expire. We do not rent out points because we do not like the possible liability involved. Yes, we are probably overly cautious in that regard. We have 4 contracts and will probably end up with 3 more over the next couple of years, assuming Disney brings back the AP and park hopping— and drops the masks.

I was looking at resale contracts .... because that's apparently what you do after you already have a pending purchase... I don't understand it, but I'm going with the flow :)

Anyway, came across this:
https://www.fidelityresales.com/copper-creek-villas-cabins-disneys-wilderness-lodge/unit/5006756CVV 939 points!

I'm surprised DVC let someone buy that much without breaking it up. My first thought was, no way is anyone going to touch that. But... then I was thinking I wonder how low one could get it for.

I was thinking I'd be willing to buy it for $55 per point. It would be a hassle to have to rent all those points out every year (IMO), but at that price you could get around a 15% annual return (not factoring insurance, breakage, etc.).

I'd be interested to hear what others would be willing to pay for it.

I was looking at resale contracts .... because that's apparently what you do after you already have a pending purchase... I don't understand it, but I'm going with the flow :)

https://www.fidelityresales.com/copper-creek-villas-cabins-disneys-wilderness-lodge/unit/5006756CVV 939 points!

I'm surprised DVC let someone buy that much without breaking it up. My first thought was, no way is anyone going to touch that. But... then I was thinking I wonder how low one could get it for.

I was thinking I'd be willing to buy it for $55 per point. It would be a hassle to have to rent all those points out every year (IMO), but at that price you could get around a 15% annual return (not factoring insurance, breakage, etc.).

IT will sell.
They all sell for the right price.
120 is do able on that contract
110 would be a steal in my opinion

That one is like buying a lucky lottery ticket. Get the buddies together at work and go for it 😂. It just might die at ROFR though. Seller wins either way once someone bites.

When I see an odd number like that I tend to wonder if it is a Guaranteed Week (Grand Villa or Cabin) and I don't think Fidelity shows that on their listings. Also explains it not being broken up. Not sure which week it might work out to be (and it might not be a GW) but that could explain it.

When I see these I always want a full bio on the people who bought it. What do they do for work? How often do they go? I can just never fathom people spending almost as much as we paid for our house on a timeshare. I mean if I had a 130-150k to blow....well who knows but I feel like I might just save a little more and go the condo in Hawaii route.

When I see these I always want a full bio on the people who bought it. What do they do for work? How often do they go? I can just never fathom people spending almost as much as we paid for our house on a timeshare. I mean if I had a 130-150k to blow....well who knows but I feel like I might just save a little more and go the condo in Hawaii route.
I agree, but I think it is easier to do it incrementally. We have a few contracts now and are very surprised with how much we have spent on dvc altogether. There are a lot of people on these boards who have 1000+ points and I suspect more than anything they just love Disney. We seem to be inching closer to that number, and we are not high rollers. Lol. We have talked about buying other property, but it just seems exhausting. DVC is so easy.

I agree, but I think it is easier to do it incrementally. We have a few contracts now and are very surprised with how much we have spent on dvc altogether. There are a lot of people on these boards who have 1000+ points and I suspect more than anything they just love Disney. We seem to be inching closer to that number, and we are not high rollers. Lol. We have talked about buying other property, but it just seems exhausting. DVC is so easy.
I watched my parents work there butts off maintaining and renting out there vacation home for years. They only really enjoyed it in the off season, and usually had to do house upkeep when they did visit. It truly is a lot of work, and I'm not quite sure if the return on investment is worth it.

Just curious - how do you even know if they do or do not present the offer to the seller. I have felt like some of my offers have not been presented but I have no way of knowing for certain. Are you just assuming when they respond immediately that it will never be presented to the seller. I offered a lower price per point on a contract and the broker questioned if it would pass ROFR - I thought it would but said I would be willing to get creative and offer more per point but have seller pay extra years dues and closing costs but I don’t think that was expressed to the seller.

Just curious - how do you even know if they do or do not present the offer to the seller. I have felt like some of my offers have not been presented but I have no way of knowing for certain. Are you just assuming when they respond immediately that it will never be presented to the seller. I offered a lower price per point on a contract and the broker questioned if it would pass ROFR - I thought it would but said I would be willing to get creative and offer more per point but have seller pay extra years dues and closing costs but I don’t think that was expressed to the seller.
I do think you are right and some brokers do not present to the seller. Also—- Some brokers price things higher than other brokers. Some brokers push for buyers to reimburse sellers for dues already paid. Some have slicker websites. Don’t be fooled by that lol.

I strongly suspect the broker on my current purchase did not present my original offer. I offered online and she called me about two hours later and said, "the owner needs a stronger offer." So I assumed they turned original offer down. I increased the offer by $5 per point. The broker didn't call me back the next day so I called her and she explained the owner was in Japan and hard to reach. I did hear back with acceptance later that day. When I thought about the original offer, the time in Japan would have been the middle of the night, so that's why I'm pretty sure she never presented it.

That's an oddly specific number of points. Also DVC really does not care how you structure your purchase, they'd never make someone break up a contract if they preferred it all in one place.

That has to be a guaranteed week, but nothing on the chart matches that number of points. The closest I see is a week 32 cabin, but that's a pretty random week and also only 926 points.

It must be a Grand Villa FW. They're just not on the chart.

Edit: Digging a little more and the GV FW points costs are 756, 810, 923, 1029, or 1417 depending on season so that's not either. I'm more interested in the story behind this contract than anything else.

My best guess is it's a Magic Season GV and someone fudged the number (was 936 points) but who knows.

Last edited:
Having the seller pay dues and closing does not make it easier to pass ROFR in my experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter