Thoughts on Lowball Offer

$132 for BLT. I offered it expecting to get a counter but it was accepted. If it passes ROFR great, if not that will be 2 contracts in a couple of weeks that Disney took back after I negotiated a good deal.

Good Luck - After a long delay through ROFR at the end of Summer, the ROFR process has sped up dramatically since Halloween.
When was yours submitted?
Yes I’m super excited I’ve seen it’s been taking 7ish days! We were submitted to rofr yesterday (11/12/20)

How often do lowball offers just get ignored by agents or do agents usually respond to every offer?

Last edited:

How often to lowball offers just get ignored by agents or do agents usually respond to every offer?

In my limited experience, I put in three "low-bid" offers (about $25 below asking) with three different brokers. All three got back to me and, after talking over the phone, said they would extend the offer to the sellers.
  • Two of them basically let me know the seller wasn't interested (one just said no response, one came back with a counter that was only a few $ less than the asking price)
  • The third called me back, sounding very surprised, telling me the seller countered only $5 higher than my offer - a few back and forth and I was within $3 of my original low-ball offer.
Granted, this was when DVC wasn't taking any ROFR (although, they did start taking back during my ROFR window... I got lucky and made it through).

So, at least two of the brokers I worked with extended my offer.

How often do lowball offers just get ignored by agents or do agents usually respond to every offer?
Did a lot of lowball offers , with 4 different brokers and they all came back with a response from the seller. Like Kickstart sometimes just a few $ below asking price, some in between my offer and the asking price, and one accepted my offer and for my first contract I paid the really low asking price with the 2021 dues without point until 2022.

It never hurts to try. If someone’s looking to dump a contract and needs the money I’m sure they’ll accept something close.

I made an offer $5 lower than asking on a contract in December because I personally devalue late closing and was told that the listed price is the going price in the market. It's still listed while other contracts of the same size have come up and sold within days. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Do you think that we will see prices lowered by the political world situation?
Assuming the US does not actually get drawn into a full on war with Russia I would say no. Now if we go to war (which I think is highly highly unlikely) then all bets are off.

Right now, the big VGF2 announcement next week is going to impact the market. If it comes in low, which a lot of people here seem to think it will, the whole market will be disrupted. I still think it will come in high and business as usual.

Depends on how many Russian Oligarchs own DVC.

LOL I’m trying to picture Russian oligarchs with these mattresses and toiletries, and housekeeping banging on the door at 9AM. Or using that shampoo. 😂. The NBA ripped out the beds in the Grand Floridian.

Some sellers will be offended. They aren’t going to sell to you so why worry. Brokers may object as a string of lowball offers may be a waste of time for them so you do need their cooperation. But if being adamant works to get you what you want then so be it.

My FIL purchased a property at a very good price. At a later meeting of area brokers one guy complained that he would have bought the property for that price. Another broker piped up saying then why didn’t you? Moral: if you don’t try, you won’t know.

I have no problem at all with a "lowball offer". The worst that can happen is the seller can say no. The buyer should set their top dollar in mind when looking to make an offer on a contract. I've walked away from several contract negotiations when I couldn't get the seller into the zone of acceptability.

But ultimately yes, higher fuel prices will lead to less disposable income and less travel leading to slightly fewer opportunities to hook people on DVC and slightly more people interested in disposing of their contracts. That should put additional negative pressure on the market.

If the invasion is protracted, with lengthy sanctions as a result, the mix of higher fuel prices and increasing interest rates could lead to a recession, that will lead to white collar job losses, and of course at that point all bets are off; I still think in a serious, sustained recession, that doesn’t involve massive government bailouts, the bottom will fall out of DVC entirely. The number of people looking to sell will increase 20%, 30%, maybe even 50% or more, and the number of people looking to buy will decrease similarly, leading to absolute fire sales. That’s in play, certainly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter