Threats from DVC to move the reservation

Here is an update. It all worked out and they found another 2 bedroom at the Boardwalk.

Here are the details and further background to this issue.
We had to add a night on to the third reservation because it was not available when booking all three reservations at the 11 month window. When that night became available, we booked it and asked for the reservations to be merged. For some unknown reason, the CM that merged the reservation changed the garden/pool view that was booked into a boardwalk view. This was something that we overlooked completely because we just assumed all three reservations were in the garden/pool view. That was how we had book all three rooms.

The refurbishment is going to with the boardwalk view rooms, that is why all of the rooms were taken out of inventory. Why and how the CM was able to change our merge request room from the garden/pool view to a boardwalk view cannot be explained by DVC. They also misunderstood our request in that we wanted to keep all the rooms at Boardwalk together in the views they had on the reservation. They thought we wanted the boardwalk view room. When we realized that one of the rooms was a boardwalk view, we brought up the issue to the supervisor of the mistake during the merge process. We just wanted the garden/pool view. DVC was able to get us the garden/pool view 2-bedroom.

I am happy it finally worked out and we figured out the problem. What I am not happy about was the method and trying to strong arm us into moving without understanding the full issue.

Here is an update. It all worked out and they found another 2 bedroom at the Boardwalk.

We had to add a night on to the third reservation because it was not available when booking all three reservations at the 11 month window. When that night became available, we booked it and asked for the reservations to be merged. For some unknown reason, the CM that merged the reservation changed the garden/pool view that was booked into a boardwalk view. This was something that we overlooked completely because we just assumed all three reservations were in the garden/pool view. That was how we had book all three rooms.

The refurbishment is going to with the boardwalk view rooms, that is why all of the rooms were taken out of inventory. Why and how the CM was able to change our merge request room from the garden/pool view to a boardwalk view cannot be explained by DVC. They also misunderstood our request in that we wanted to keep all the rooms at Boardwalk together in the views they had on the reservation. They thought we wanted the boardwalk view room. When we realized that one of the rooms was a boardwalk view, we brought up the issue to the supervisor of the mistake during the merge process. We just wanted the garden/pool view. DVC was able to get us the garden/pool view 2-bedroom.

I am happy it finally worked out and we figured out the problem. What I am not happy about was the method and trying to strong arm us into moving without understanding the full issue.

So happy for you!, It also might explain why they said yours was the last one reserved, because the merge changed the room category,

I had a plumbing issue in a BC studio, and they moved me a 1BR lake view cash unit. It was only one random Tuesday night, to be fair, but it's not like they don't have options.

Glad to hear it worked for OP!!!

Thanks for updating. Glad to hear all has worked out. Seems the erroneous view switch was the central problem. They really should’ve looked at the situation more completely before getting snarky.

Glad it worked out & it makes sense that there was no boardwalk views because those were removed from inventory awhile ago, what makes less sense is how the CM managed to book you into a Boardwalk view in the first place. I guess this serves as a good reminder to always thoroughly check your reservation after you &/or a CM does anything to it 😂.

Great to hear everything worked out. However, I hope you'll write member satisfaction about your experience and the heavy handed attitude you received from the CM who called you.
Yes, please write them. I’m dumb enough to panic and trying to save the trip would have accepted the change, THEN the next day , I’d be thinking, hey why did I have to do that? Why didn’t they do this instead?

Great to hear everything worked out. However, I hope you'll write member satisfaction about your experience and the heavy handed attitude you received from the CM who called you.
Being a long time owner and dealing with many different CM's throughout our ownership, I have to say that some great CM's left because of the changes made at DVC. I remember having specific CM's extension codes that I can contact in the past as they were so helpful. I feel now that there are too many new CM's that really do not understand all the DVC rules.

Glad it worked out & it makes sense that there was no boardwalk views because those were removed from inventory awhile ago, what makes less sense is how the CM managed to book you into a Boardwalk view in the first place. I guess this serves as a good reminder to always thoroughly check your reservation after you &/or a CM does anything to it 😂.
I agree on this. I asked to merge two AKV standard view reservations and I ended with a Savannah view. Luckily they were able to change it back to standard, they weren't available anymore on the booking tool.

Maybe the CM “supervisor” was trying to free up a room for themselves or a friend and you caught them.
Id call member services to check on it to see if they have no idea what you’re talking about or if it in fact is/was an issue.

Maybe the CM “supervisor” was trying to free up a room for themselves or a friend and you caught them.
Id call member services to check on it to see if they have no idea what you’re talking about or if it in fact is/was an issue.

That is not what happened. When they did the merge they somehow moved that room into a BW view room category instead of keeping them in the garden/pool view that was booked.

BW view rooms were taken out of service for fall prior to the 11 month window. That is why it had to be moved.

Once the OP got that clarified they were moved easily back into the room they had booked.

Definite no. That’s just ridiculous.

Is it? And what is it that makes you say "Definite"?

Glad to hear that got it sorted... I guess I just don't trust people as much.

While there have been some things that upper management may have done to push an envelope, the average CMs who work at MS are not risking their jobs to cancel someone’s room and rebook it.

The system keeps track of things and it certainly isn’t something that can easily be done by a rogue CM.

While there have been some things that upper management may have done to push an envelope, the average CMs who work at MS are not risking their jobs to cancel someone’s room and rebook it.

The system keeps track of things and it certainly isn’t something that can easily be done by a rogue CM.
Oh definitely, CM's are mostly all magical people, but its not like it couldn't happen, but I get that the probability would be very low. I also have zero knowledge or experience to know how easy or hard it would be, it was just my first reaction, thankfully it was a computer (or even human error & not malicious). Computers/Technology isn't always the most sensible. ;)

A much better way for Disney to handle this would be to do what the airlines do when overbooked, and have guests bid for compensation. They could send an email to everyone who has a reservation at the applicable resort during the affected time and ask if they would move their reservation to a different resort in exchange for a $500 Disney gift card. If no takers, raise the offer to $1000, and so on.
Lol, they shoudl do that, but they’re never doing that. Bob’s new yacht isn’t going to pay for itself.

I would ask for a grandvilla and a 2 bedroom. If you get Rivera, that would be an amazing upgrade! Don't settle. Go big!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter