Thrifty or Alamo @ MCO

Avery&Todd

DIS Veteran
I have the same rental car type rented with both Thrifty and Alamo right now - and Alamo is about $25 cheaper but I wanted to hear thoughts if one company was easier to access @ MCO. We're flying Southwest which comes into Terminal A...

On our Thrifty reservation it states to list our airline as they have 2 rental counters, 1 in each terminal but I wasn't sure if Alamo was the same.

We already signed up for the Visitor Travel Pass so we'll make sure to pick that up...

This is our first time renting a car at MCO...any tips would be appreciated!

THANKS!

I would choose Alamo based on being able to skip the counter and better customer service. All 10 rental companies that have on site vehicles are on both sides currently. I believe 9 of the 10 will be in Terminal C when that opens next week. Alamo is slightly easier to access than Thrifty, it's closer to the crosswalk when entering the garage.
Make sure you have the VTP app downloaded, signed in and the QR code ready before you get down to the machine. That took me more time than anything else.

I would choose Alamo based on being able to skip the counter and better customer service. All 10 rental companies that have on site vehicles are on both sides currently. I believe 9 of the 10 will be in Terminal C when that opens next week. Alamo is slightly easier to access than Thrifty, it's closer to the crosswalk when entering the garage.
Make sure you have the VTP app downloaded, signed in and the QR code ready before you get down to the machine. That took me more time than anything else.
THANK YOU for this!!

I did provide all the information for the Alamo skip the counter, etc so we should be able to go straight to the car!

and I have the VTP app downloaded but I'll make sure I'm signed in and ready with the QR code!

When we fly into Vegas we find Thrifty to be easier which is why I was wondering about MCO..

Thanks again!

If the prices are even close I would go with Alamo every day of the week and twice on Sunday. I always use Alamo for the ease of skip the counter.
We can skip the counter with the Thrifty program in Vegas which is where we usually rent cars from but this is great to know about Alamo!

We have a super cheap rate through Thrifty for a week stay in Cocoa Beach in April so I might have to keep that car rental...

I have the same rental car type rented with both Thrifty and Alamo right now - and Alamo is about $25 cheaper but I wanted to hear thoughts if one company was easier to access @ MCO. We're flying Southwest which comes into Terminal A...

On our Thrifty reservation it states to list our airline as they have 2 rental counters, 1 in each terminal but I wasn't sure if Alamo was the same.

We already signed up for the Visitor Travel Pass so we'll make sure to pick that up...

This is our first time renting a car at MCO...any tips would be appreciated!

THANKS!
Are you talking about the Toll Pass? I go to Florida yearly, use rentals, and have not heard of that pass.

I would definitely go with Alamo, especially if they are cheaper, and keep checking for the price to lower. It usually will drop starting about a week before your travel date.

Last year we rented from Thrifty, which I did a while ago, and it was a royal pain. I waited on line for probably 30 minutes at the counter because I was not able to get into their system to become a member and skip the line. The car was only okay. Alamo is my favorite. Make sure you are in their club to skip the counter and fill out everything you need ahead of time. And don´t forget to check prices for a cheaper rate.

Are you talking about the Toll Pass? I go to Florida yearly, use rentals, and have not heard of that pass.

I would definitely go with Alamo, especially if they are cheaper, and keep checking for the price to lower. It usually will drop starting about a week before your travel date.

Last year we rented from Thrifty, which I did a while ago, and it was a royal pain. I waited on line for probably 30 minutes at the counter because I was not able to get into their system to become a member and skip the line. The car was only okay. Alamo is my favorite. Make sure you are in their club to skip the counter and fill out everything you need ahead of time. And don´t forget to check prices for a cheaper rate.
YES!! this is a visitor toll pass that you can get for your rental car...

https://visitortollpass.com/

You download the App, and then attach a credit card and you are charged as if you had a real toll pass account vs. a higher rate...

from what I hear it works!

We went with the Alamo rental for December but for our April trip we have a super cheap rate with Thrifty so I think we'll have to keep that one..

I'll keep checking for lower prices - thanks for the tip!

YES!! this is a visitor toll pass that you can get for your rental car...

https://visitortollpass.com/

You download the App, and then attach a credit card and you are charged as if you had a real toll pass account vs. a higher rate...

from what I hear it works!

We went with the Alamo rental for December but for our April trip we have a super cheap rate with Thrifty so I think we'll have to keep that one..

I'll keep checking for lower prices - thanks for the tip!
Try to join Thrifty´s loyalty program; you should be able to avoid the counter that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter