Thrill rides at Sea World

:smooth:
Do you think that is possible to ride Atlantis in January ?

I'm really worried because last time my family and I rode Atlantis, we loved (went on 4 times) but it was Septembre, and it was very hot that day...:sunny:

I can take a change of clothes, but the water seems to be cold, does it ?

I'd appreciate to hear your opinion...:wave2:

I wasn't expecting much out of Krakken, but was I ever in for a surprise! It was probably the best rollercoaster I have every ridden! Our 10 year old rollercoaster fan thinks so too! We had just spent 4 days at Disney and 2 at Universal. This was the best thrill ride that we rode.

We were at Sea World last Saturday (6/5) and had a great time!
DD and I rode Kraken and loved it. Yes, it's scary but it's so fun!
Wanted to ride it again but storm moved in and the ride was shut down. I wouldn't have gotten on it anyway w/the lightening popping around everywhere. Rode Atlantis too which was alot of fun. Got soaking wet--not by the drop but by the folks paying the $$ to squirt you!! Didn't get to do the plane ride of Frozen Artic....line was over 40 mins long. Since the stationary portion was only 20 mins we opted for that. I'm sure the flight would have been much better.

A question for those who have ridden "Soarin' Over California" (Califorrnia Adventure) and the Wild Arctic simulator.
I am a wheelchair-bound young woman and I usually, b/c of my multiple complications from CMD (Congenital Muscular Dystrophy), cannot ride thrill or simulator rides. I was, however, able to fully enjoy "Soarin' Over California" w/ my dad transferring me. Is the Wild Arctic ride comparable to Soarin' over CA, or is Wild Arctic pretty rough? It sounds like a fun ride, but if it's pretty rough I'll plan on doing the non-motion option. My family and I are trying to plan a vacation to Disney World and possibly a day at Sea World, too, so it would be cool to know what options there are concerning rides for me and the 2 other disabled members of my family.
Thanks!:earsgirl:

Webmaster Barry, I know you wrote this and all. I noticed the name of the tour has changed. Has anything else changed? Thanks so much, Barry!

Kraken was a awesome ride to go on. I managed to get on it a few times on my visit to sea World. Journey to Atlantis was also awesome, but obviously you got wet in the process. :earboy2:

Being from a land far far away - I am planning a trip to the US later this year. I need some advice as to which Sea World is best :Orlando or San Diego? :D

how long was the line for Kraken because my family is going to seaworld in april so i am trying to see what rides are good to go on and what rides are the scariest and the rides that have the shortest lines

TiggerDan.......when we went in June, DD and I walked right on! I promise...I don't think we waited longer than 10 mins if that long. It was awesome. I wish we could have rode it again but storms were coming in and the ride was shut down a couple of times b/c of lightening. :umbrella: It was great and I'd do it again in a heart beat!!
Karen
aka TN Traveler

You gotta keep in mind though that you are eventually going to be on the opposite end and get soaked yourself and it's not just a little soaked like Splash Mountain, it's extremely soaking wet. For a clarification on the themeing for Journey to Atlantis the italian man sends the god Hermes in the shape of a golden horse and twinkling lights to guide your way to Atlantis. Then a Siren appears and lures you into the city. She then turns the tables on you and surprises you as you lift up up up up to the top of Atlantis, then she drops you from the top on an extreme vertical 60 ft drop which is higher than Splash Mountain's and more intense. Then she brings you back for the rollercoaster part where she's lured other victims in her lair. The lines everytime i've gone since this last august have been no more than 5-10 min for these rides so it's been great. Just one piece of advice though for Journey, DO NOT sit in the front of the car or you will get the most wet out of anyone in the boat guaranteed!!! pirate:

:guilty:
I am not a big roller coaster rider. I like the mountains at disney. Wont do DD or Hulk. Wont do really big drops or upsidedowns. How tall is the drop on kraken and are there any loops?

Disneynutsss........
If you don't like Hulk then don't do Kraken. I didn't get to go on the Hulk last year but did Kraken. It is absolutely positively one of the best rides I have ever been on but it's pretty wild too. There are 7 loops and according to the paper I have on it, it gets up to 65 mph! We loved, I'd do it again in a heartbeat but like I said, I LOVE roller coasters. DH couldn't even watch it so I don't know if I'd do it if I were you!

Karen aka TN Travel

Thats the info I was looking for! I guess I will stand on the sidelines and watch the rest of the family ride! OK by me tho!

Thanks!

Leme ust put MY 2 cents n...?!? I totally LoVE Kraken!!! But then again mite say that when they WORK there!?! :cool1: :love: :cheer2:

Next time any1 is there, b sure 2 stop by & say hey...(as long as its NOT a Fri or Sat...!!!)

Buggin'
Amber

Kraken is an wawesome ride and one of the best coasters I've been on. For the best experience, ride in the back. It's kewl.
Height - 149 ft
Largest Drop - 144 ft
Inversions - 7 (2 vertical loops, diving loop, 0-G roll - this is awesome-, cobra roll, corkscrew

Journey to Atlantis is also awesome, and the storyline was all in place when they had the original preshow instead of the current mime safety video. People think the ride's over after you go down the main drop, but then, SURPRISE! The ride's not through yet.

Wild Arctic is cool. Both the ride and the animals.

Guess that I am going to be doing a lot of watching rides....the teens love the thrill/coasters at IOA and WDW (but I am a chicken!!!) Looks like there will be a lot of coasters at Sea World! :teeth:

The only coaster that I have been on in years is the RRC. (I like the loud music and the dark ride!!!)

Are there any nice "safe" rides at Sea World for chickens??? :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter