Tiana’s Bayou AP Preview?

As I said before, unless they are secretly cross training Frontierland attractions cast members I doubt it will open by Memorial Day.
Asking as someone who doesn't understand how much training is involved, since this is a refurbishment of a former ride, is as much training required? Could it possibly be less will be needed as some of the former Splash CM's may come back to work the new Tiana attraction?

Asking as someone who doesn't understand how much training is involved, since this is a refurbishment of a former ride, is as much training required? Could it possibly be less will be needed as some of the former Splash CM's may come back to work the new Tiana attraction?
Curious as well! I just guess I didn't imagine that 2 months or more would be needed to train staff. But this is coming from someone who only rides the rides and doesn't operate them!

It could be less, but it's hard to say how much less, or how many former Splash CM's will come back. As I said earlier, based on what happened with other attractions they've opened up in the last few years, there will probably be a month of gathering applications, then a month of interviews and hiring, then a month of training. Then they’ll start letting CM’s in Frontierland attractions ride, then maybe other MK CM’s, then open it up to all CM’s. So could be four months from now, or end of July, before AP previews could start. Could be earlier, could be later.

I think that if they had started contacting former Splash CM's about it, or if they were planning to secretly train Frontierland attraction CM's on Tiana's, we'd have heard about, because someone would leak to WDWNT.

Training to run an attraction only takes about a week, but first you have to have CM's in place to be trainers, and each of them would need a week to become familiar with the training process. Even former Splash trainers would need to be recertified to train, which would take about a week. My guess is they will need about 50 full time and part time CM's to run Tiana's, so they will need about a month to train them all, and then they'll spend another month practicing with CM's as riders before they open it up to AP and DVC previews.

We've been lucky to go to other AP previews over Memorial day weekend, so I think I was kind of hoping for the same in this case. By all accounts on this thread, however, it doesn't look likely. I will still keep watch just in case!!!

Does anyone remember when the announcement was made for Guardians? It opened on Memorial weekend 2022.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter