I bought 6 armed forces salute tickets from my local base. Had to cancel our trip because my mom got sick.
1. Are the tickets returnable to the base?
2. Can I resell them to another military family?

1. In most cases, tickets are not refundable.
(But in certain cases, it never hurts to "ask nicely" and explain the circumstances.)

2. Specifically, they cannot.

-From the Disney site:
  • Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased at participating U.S. military sales outlets outlets only by Eligible Service Members (defined below) or their spouses (but not both), for use by themselves and other family members and friends, as provided herein. These Tickets may not be otherwise transferred, distributed or resold.

Last edited:
1. In most cases, tickets are not refundable.
(But in certain cases, it never hurts to "ask nicely" and explain the circumstances.)

2. Specifically, they cannot.

-From the Disney site:
  • Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased at participating U.S. military sales outlets outlets only by Eligible Service Members (defined below) or their spouses (but not both), for use by themselves and other family members and friends, as provided herein. These Tickets may not be otherwise transferred, distributed or resold.

Would my brother, who is military, be able to give me park tickets even if he is not going with me?
He bought buy 5 day regular park tickets (at the military discount) last year and they wound up only using 3 days. They decided to go to Universal for 2 days instead as their 4th and 5th park days so he has 2 days left on each of his 3 "packages", leaving him with 6 total park passes.

Would my brother, who is military, be able to give me park tickets even if he is not going with me?
He bought buy 5 day regular park tickets (at the military discount) last year and they wound up only using 3 days. They decided to go to Universal for 2 days instead as their 4th and 5th park days so he has 2 days left on each of his 3 "packages", leaving him with 6 total park passes.

If any guest has started using a ticket (including a military ticket)
nobody else can use any remaining days on that partially-used ticket.

Disney Military Ticket SITE:
  • Each Disney Military Promotional Ticket must be used by the same person on any and all days.

I am planning a birthday, girls only, trip for January 2018. I have our ADRs and we are staying at the Polynesian in a DVC studio. The only thing I haven't bought yet is tickets. Is there a time frame by which any ticket deals for winter may be announced? I'm wondering if there'd be a better deal by waiting vs. purchasing through my Tickets at Work service.

Thanks!!
Laurie

trip for January 2018.
1. Is there a time frame by which any ticket deals for winter may be announced?
2. I'm wondering if there'd be a better deal by waiting vs. purchasing through my Tickets at Work service.

1. Nope.
2. Make SURE that whatever deal you are looking at includes SALES TAX.
Many times that is not added until check-out,
and tax is a very significant amount of money when trying to compare ticket "deals."

Last month I bought the UCT 7 day PHs at the 4 day price of 431.95. The adult tickets have a date of 2/21/2017 on the lower right corner. I cannot find any mention of use by 12/31/18 so I do not know if they are the old or new tickets. They say 7 day PH. I am considering using them to buy the special DVC premium AP if there is not a big price difference.
What would they be worth on an upgrade?
Thanks!!

Last month I bought the UCT 7 day PHs at the 4 day price of 431.95. The adult tickets have a date of 2/21/2017 on the lower right corner. I cannot find any mention of use by 12/31/18 so I do not know if they are the old or new tickets. They say 7 day PH. I am considering using them to buy the special DVC premium AP if there is not a big price difference.
What would they be worth on an upgrade?

I'm going to go with the current 7-day PH price of $516.53 (incl. tax,) each.

Robo Thanks for great news.

Understand that I am just a poster on the internet.
I can't speak for what actual tickets UT sold you.
I'm just giving you my "best guess."

I would make contact with UT and ask if these, for sure, are "new stock" (minted after Feb. 12, 2017)
or "old stock" (minted before Feb. 12, 2017.)

Last edited:
Any rumors about a ticket price increase for anytime soon? Looking ahead to the next few months of our budget to see when we can purchase them. TIA.

FL residents planning to do a weekend trip in November, followed by a week-long stay March 10-17.

If we purchase 3 day FL resident tickets in November and use 2 of those days, and then return on Sunday March 10th to use the 3rd day, can we then upgrade to a Weekday pass that same Sunday? We would then use the weekday pass for the remainder of our March trip.

I think this is what we have done before, but I want to be sure that I can upgrade on the 3rd day as we are using it on a weekend...

Thank you!!

FL residents planning to do a weekend trip in November, followed by a week-long stay March 10-17.
If we purchase 3 day FL resident tickets in November and use 2 of those days, and then return on Sunday March 10th to use the 3rd day, can we then upgrade to a Weekday pass that same Sunday? We would then use the weekday pass for the remainder of our March trip.

Sorry, that's out of my area of knowledge.
Maybe an expert on the nuances of upgrading FL Resident tickets will respond.

Sorry, that's out of my area of knowledge.
Maybe an expert on the nuances of upgrading FL Resident tickets will respond.

Ok, thank you! You have answered so many question over the years :). I sometimes go away from disboards for a couple years when we aren't traveling, but when I come back, it's nice to see you still patiently answering so many questions.

Understand that I am just a poster on the internet.
I can't speak for what actual tickets UT sold you.
I'm just giving you my "best guess."

I would make contact with UT and ask if these, for sure, are "new stock" (minted before Feb. 12, 2017)
or "old stock" (minted after Feb. 12, 2017.)

Flip the terms for new stock and old stock :D The old stock was minted before 2/12.

Hi, sorry for what may be a redundant question! I think I am confusing myself trying to read up.
My son's girlfriend will be spending a few days with us on an upcoming trip. Her cousin is a CM and will be giving her a 2 day PH ticket and getting her a discount on a 2 day PH ticket.

Will I be able to link both of those tickets in advance to make FP at 60 days for all 4 days?

Thank you for ALL the great information and patience!! It is very much appreciated.

Hi, sorry for what may be a redundant question! I think I am confusing myself trying to read up.
My son's girlfriend will be spending a few days with us on an upcoming trip. Her cousin is a CM and will be giving her a 2 day PH ticket and getting her a discount on a 2 day PH ticket.

Will I be able to link both of those tickets in advance to make FP at 60 days for all 4 days?

Thank you for ALL the great information and patience!! It is very much appreciated.

I'm sorry, but this is actually a FP question.
With some kinds of CM tickets, the CM must advance-book the FPs.
I suggest that you read through the FP Sticky and/or post your question on that thread.

I'm sorry, but this is actually a FP question.
With some kinds of CM tickets, the CM must advance-book the FPs.
I suggest that you read through the FP Sticky and/or post your question on that thread.

Will do! Thank you Robo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter